Down Under Disneyana Australian Disney Forum-Down Under Disneyana – Australia's premiere Disney fan site

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the Register link to proceed.

Churros Countdown - WDW and Disney Cruise 2008

churros
Annual Pass
Annual Pass

Sail away, sail away, sail away!

Postby churros » Sun Jun 22, 2008 5:41 pm

How exotic would it sound to say to people you are going on a cruise to the Bahamas? 8) Did I happen to mention that I am sailing on the Disney Wonder on 28/10 to THE BAHAMAS -/ ?

What about when you tell people you are going on the inaugural Disney Cruise from Sydney? No don't get excited yet - but it's nice to dream!

I thought I'd start off this topic with a link to the Disney Cruise sites:

http://www.disneycruise.com

http://www.dclnews.com/

as well as some other cool cruise websites:

http://www.disneycruiser.info/

http://www.passporter.com/dcl

Maybe we can kick start that club cruise here!

calisota
Annual Pass
Annual Pass

Re: Sail away, sail away, sail away!

Postby calisota » Sun Jun 22, 2008 5:51 pm

How exotic would it sound to say to people you are going on a cruise to the Bahamas? 8)
Been there and done that more times than i want to think about. :oops: It might be nice to do it in a cabin where I would have to get out of bed to answer the door and that had a window though.

What's the exact itinerary?

Greg
Chiang Mai Pickleball Club Play Pickleball in paradise

churros
Annual Pass
Annual Pass

Postby churros » Wed Jun 25, 2008 8:56 pm

What's the exact itinerary?
4 nights: Nassau, Castaway Cay, Day at sea - same as Jess. I see some of the cruises this year double-dipped at Castaway Cay and I've also heard DCL sometimes does it unannounced due to the need to repair the ship - sounds good to me! Then I've heard some trips due to currents or weather had to miss CC altogether :x

Our 90 days are fast approaching so we can complete our online check-in, book out tours and perhaps arrange for something special in our cabin when we arrive!

I've also been chatting on another forum with people who are going on the same cruise and hope to meet with them and exchange gifts - I have already bought a heap of Cadbury Furry Friends and will probably buy some single serve vegemites. :lol:

churros
Annual Pass
Annual Pass

Postby churros » Wed Jun 25, 2008 9:03 pm

It might be nice to do it in a cabin where I would have to get out of bed to answer the door and that had a window though.
Were you in a broom closet? :lol:

I remember when my sister went on the Fairstar to Fiji some 30 years ago (don't tell her I said this or it will give the game away that she's no longer 21) we were allowed to go onboard to say bon voyage and we checked out her room - 2 bunks and a bathroom that allowed you to go to the toilet and have a shower at the same time! I suspect our cabin on the Wonder is a little bigger and our window has a balcony attached! :mrgreen:

calisota
Annual Pass
Annual Pass

Postby calisota » Thu Jun 26, 2008 5:19 pm

Were you in a broom closet? :lol:
Not quite that big. A space about 6.5 feet by 12 feet with bunks, two wardrobes, a desk and a bathroom in it. And all the belongs of two people. No window and the main crew corridor of the ship on the other side of the wall from the bunks. Surprising how much like home it became though.

Greg

sandie
Annual Pass
Annual Pass

Postby sandie » Thu Jun 26, 2008 6:13 pm

probably buy some single serve vegemites.
Just have breakfast at McDonald's one morning - they leave them on the counter in a basket.

Sandie

churros
Annual Pass
Annual Pass

Postby churros » Fri Jun 27, 2008 3:06 pm

Just have breakfast at McDonald's one morning - they leave them on the counter in a basket.

Sandie
Great tip! I found these magnets today that were upside down maps of Australia and said Australia Down Under, but I thought that some of the recipients (best not to name ethnicity - but I'm sure you can join the dots) might not get it as they may consider it an accurate depiction!

sandie
Annual Pass
Annual Pass

Postby sandie » Fri Jun 27, 2008 4:24 pm

There is a place at Milperra that I deal with through work and I always get cute stuffed Australian animal keychains from them before I go - last trip we went through 80 in 6 weeks! They work out at $1 each and are about as big as real mouse. Let me know if you want me to get some for you

Sandie

churros
Annual Pass
Annual Pass

Postby churros » Fri Jun 27, 2008 4:28 pm

There is a place at Milperra that I deal with through work and I always get cute stuffed Australian animal keychains from them before I go - last trip we went through 80 in 6 weeks! They work out at $1 each and are about as big as real mouse. Let me know if you want me to get some for you

Sandie
I did buy some koalas at a junk store but wouldn't mind checking them out - I'm quite close to Milperra!

sandie
Annual Pass
Annual Pass

Postby sandie » Fri Jun 27, 2008 4:29 pm

They won't sell to you unless you are a business but I can post the website from work on Monday and you can have a look

Sandie

churros
Annual Pass
Annual Pass

Postby churros » Tue Jul 15, 2008 12:04 pm

Hooray its pleb booking day! Today is 75 days until my cruise so I can book my shore excursions and other activities today at 4.00pm (assuming I have my time conversion right - actually I'm assuming the cruise line is on the East coast and opens bookings at 12.00am). All the repeat cruisers and suite (Walt Disney/Roy Disney) dwellers have been able to book for some time.

So I hopped online to re-check what I was going to book and they've changed a lot of the Nassau tours. I know a lot of people say stay on the ship but hey I'm in the Bahamas for the first time and I'm sure there's a lot to learn about other cultures. It seems to me that a lot of cruisers on the forums expect to see the same culture on their arrival as the culture they come from and are quite put out when they don't get what they want. I'd be interested in hearing Greg's opinion on this!

Anyway back to the changed tours so now I haven't heard anything about the new tours and the tours I wanted to book no longer exist. I can book tours privately but I think it is safer through DCL and if the tour is late the ship will wait.

I know I can hear you all saying "Oh poor Beth having to make a decision about which Bahamian tour she has to book while on a Disney Cruise!" :mrgreen:

calisota
Annual Pass
Annual Pass

Postby calisota » Tue Jul 15, 2008 5:16 pm

If you would like to get a fairly accurate view of what I think of cruise ships and American passengers you should probably read my blog at http://www.planettrekker.info/cruise/

Greg

KeithS
Annual Pass
Annual Pass

Postby KeithS » Tue Jul 15, 2008 9:31 pm

If you would like to get a fairly accurate view of what I think of cruise ships and American passengers you should probably read my blog at http://www.planettrekker.info/cruise/
Or maybe you shouldn't until you return :D

I just wonder though Greg if the Disney passenger is different - maybe they aren't so interested in drinking and gambling?? I don't know the answer one way or the other - maybe Jess can pipe up and describe what the average Disney cruise patron is like?
Keith

Trip history:
DLR: 2005, 06, 09, 11, 12, 13, 15, 18
DLRP: 2006
HKDL: 2006 (Mar & Sept), 11 (Apr & Dec), 14, 19
SDR: 2017
TDR: 2008, 10, 17
WDW: 2006, 13 (Mar & Sept), 16, 19
DCL: 2013, 15 (Alaska & Hawaii), 18
Aulani: 2015

churros
Annual Pass
Annual Pass

Churros Countdown - WDW and Disney Cruise 2008

Postby churros » Fri Aug 15, 2008 8:06 pm

Well I'll try again with this thread and all I can say to the hackers is I hope you may find your self in a small dark room with an eternal loop of "It's a small world"!

So to recap:
* stuffed up date to ring DL for PS at GK
* got date right and stayed up late to ring DL for PS at GK
* NASA confirmed STS-125 launch 8/10 1.30am, tickets on sale 18/8 - wish me fast fingers and a faster internet!
* USD < 90c :x
* have to stay up late again Sat to ring DL for PS at BB
* incorrectly accused Anthony of being Dopey, yet to find true Dopey
* looking for Disney fabric to make FE for DCL

Got it?

churros
Annual Pass
Annual Pass

Re: Churros Countdown

Postby churros » Fri Aug 15, 2008 8:36 pm

Can someone tell me out of the following resorts:
All Star Music Resort
Swan Resort
Pop Century Resort
Caribbean Beach Resort

which one is closest to the Poly? I had to tell a tour compay which hotel to pick me up from to SEE THE SPACE SHUTTLE LAUNCH - I GOT A TICKET TO THE CAUSEWAY!!! -/ -/ -/ -/ -/ -/

kuchnie Czeladź

Return to “Travel Reports and Trip Planning”