Down Under Disneyana Australian Disney Forum-Down Under Disneyana – Australia's premiere Disney fan site

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the Register link to proceed.

Churros Countdown - WDW and Disney Cruise 2008

churros
Annual Pass
Annual Pass

Re: Churros Countdown

Postby churros » Mon Dec 08, 2008 9:00 pm

Due to multiple internet issues of my own I haven't been able to tread the boards for a while and now I've come back and everything looks funny - did I miss something? It doesn't look so pretty no more! :( I just need to check if it is me or the forum that is having formatting problems.

churros
Annual Pass
Annual Pass

Postby churros » Mon Dec 08, 2008 9:28 pm

And now the end is near and as I face the final curtain...

Wednesday 15th October

We awoke, packed and checked out, leaving our luggage with the hotel and set off for Disneyland for the last time.

I didn't record this day so things are a little hazy nearly 2 months later :shock: We rode Indy but it went 101 and all the lights came on which really ruins the effect, especially in the scene where the ball is rolling towards you. When we got back to unload they said we could ride again which we did even though Angus was busting to go to the toilet and when we finally got off he flew off and as you know that's a long walk out!

We spent a bit of time in Adventureland so I could take some snaps and shop and then we rode pirates before our ADR at Blue Bayou. Jacob and I ordered the Gumbo and the Monte Christo. We really enjoyed the gumbo and Jacob asked for more but they will not sell it separately. We enjoyed the MC but that really is a health hazard (as you can tell I did get my appetite back in the end) Even though I was fit to burst I had to order my last key lime pie. I don't know what I was expecting but I never had a pie where I said that was great. Jacob ordered the creme brulee trio which came with an edible treasure chest (if you have strong teeth) Angus must have whined appropriately to the waitress because she brought him one for free!

It was fun chatting to people as they past by on the pirate boats, some requested we throw them a bread roll but they were very nice bread rolls. What a lovely restaurant - I'm so glad I went!

After lunch the boys went off on their own and predominately spent their time in DCA while Glenda and I tied up loose ends in DL. Our last ride before leaving the park was Peter Pan which I think is lovely but Angus was horrified! I wasn't really tearful when we left which surprised me but I think it had been a long trip I had done it all, it was time to go home and I knew I'd be back!

We went back to the hotel and got our bags, packed the last purchases and waited for the shuttle. After check-in we went through security and our plan was to wonder the shops and have some dinner (we did have 3 hrs to kill) but the terminal was being renovated and there was 1 newsagent, 1 bar and 1 pathetic food place :shock: Had we had known we would have not come through security and eaten on the other side - a bit of a downer to finish to trip. The flight home was reasonably uneventful, I knew one of the stewards so it was good to chat to him and I think we all got some sleep.

We had no problems at customs and they were pleaseant and joked with the kids, particularly Jacob who had a huge Chewbacca backpack on. My husband was waiting teary-eyed for us - I think he missed us and I know he deeply regretted his decision to not come - oh well next time!

Home is always wonderful, I patted the cat, showered and it felt like Christmas as we unpacked our luggage and the kids showed their dad all their booty and gave him lots of presents.

The end :cry:

I have a little postscript. I have to say thank you, thank you, thank you to all my wonderful DUD forum/club friends. You gave this trip another dimension which is hard to explain. Certainly tips during planning are invaluable but as I travelled you were constantly with me. It's sad but true that this forum and the club has come to mean a lot to me in the short time that I have been involved. Glenda and I stepped off our plane from Hong Kong in March 2007 and said WDW September 2008 and went off to our first meeting which was the theme park night and it has snowballed from there. So thank you for sharing your love of Disney and the parks with me and thank you for your enthusiasm in hearing my story. Now the future lies open as I consider where to next. I'm just going to blow my nose now!

KeithS
Annual Pass
Annual Pass

Postby KeithS » Tue Dec 09, 2008 8:11 pm

When we got back to unload they said we could ride again which we did even though Angus was busting to go to the toilet and when we finally got off he flew off and as you know that's a long walk out!
Hehe - and he tells that story so well. I laughed so hard when he explained what happened that day :)
What a lovely restaurant - I'm so glad I went!
We'll have to try that one day - we've never been inside the Blue Bayou (unless we are sitting in a boat at the time!)
Our last ride before leaving the park was Peter Pan
Is that because of tradition - or just the way it ended up? We always finish our time in the park with a grand-circle trip on the train before walking out for the last time - you get a complete view of the park, and get to sit down while contemplating the fact you are about to leave for the last time (at least for now!)
We went back to the hotel and got our bags, packed the last purchases and waited for the shuttle.
I really really really hate that wait - especially as we stay right across the road from the park and you can watch the happy people heading in and out with the Disney bags and wearing their ears, yet we are sitting on the curbside with all our luggage looking wistfully across the road... (sniff...sniff... :cry: )
My husband was waiting teary-eyed for us - I think he missed us and I know he deeply regretted his decision to not come - oh well next time!
That's cute - you'll have to bring him along to the meetings some time - we'll make him a fully fledged fan in no time :)
It's sad but true that this forum and the club has come to mean a lot to me in the short time that I have been involved. Glenda and I stepped off our plane from Hong Kong in March 2007 and said WDW September 2008 and went off to our first meeting which was the theme park night and it has snowballed from there.
And you are a most valued member of our little community too - whether it be your activity here, or the wonderful support you give to each club meeting! I remember your first night at the Theme Park evening and telling us about your trip to HKDL and your early plans for WDW - it has been great experiencing your excitement as the big trip came closer and closer and hearing your plans as they developed. Just thinking of it makes me want to go ahead and book something right now :)

Thank you again for taking the time to share all these daily experiences with us - we've been avid readers each day!

See you again in 2009!!
Keith

Trip history:
DLR: 2005, 06, 09, 11, 12, 13, 15, 18
DLRP: 2006
HKDL: 2006 (Mar & Sept), 11 (Apr & Dec), 14, 19
SDR: 2017
TDR: 2008, 10, 17
WDW: 2006, 13 (Mar & Sept), 16, 19
DCL: 2013, 15 (Alaska & Hawaii), 18
Aulani: 2015

kuchnie Czeladź