Down Under Disneyana Australian Disney Forum-Down Under Disneyana – Australia's premiere Disney fan site

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the Register link to proceed.

Jess and Murray- Disney Wonder January 13th-17th 2008

alice in wonderland
C Ticket
C Ticket

Jess and Murray- Disney Wonder January 13th-17th 2008

Postby alice in wonderland » Mon Jun 23, 2008 5:29 pm

I already posted this in the temp forum, but thought since it was looking alittle empty in the cruise forum i would start this up again. I will get to day 2 i promise.... i am busy trying to get my article finished for the magazine!!!!

Disney Wonder January 13th-17th 2008

We woke up early this morning and used us two of our CS meals that we had remaining. We caught a taxi over to the Animal Kingdom Lodge. This is where the Disney cruise line transportation was going to pick us up from. Anyone who is going to the cruise from WDW I would recommend taking the Disney transportation it is a long way to Port Canaveral and it was lovely not to have to worry about getting lost etc. There are lots of pick up locations in WDW. You can even spend the morning at AK and get picked up from there.

We explored the AKL for about an hour while we waited and chatted with the other families that were going on our cruise. We boarded the lovely DCL bus and it was about a 1 ½ hour bus ride to the Disney terminal at Port Canaveral. As we arrived it started to poor. It was a really bad storm so I didn’t manage to get the photos I hope for at the terminal. It was really spectacular.

We filled out all of our paper work, were given our room keys and headed over to the large Mickey ears tunnel. As we entered the ship it was now pooring!!!

We stepped onboard the ship and two cast members were there to greet us. We were announced on the microphone “Please welcome Mr and Mrs Robinson” and the two staircases were lined with cast members clapping and applauding us!!! The main foyer was so grand. It looked like something from the titanic. The were two staircases and a large glass elevator.

We headed up to the Beach Blankett Buffet and had some lunch. The place was packed so we shared a table with a lovely lady and her son. We had a lovely chat and saw them a few times over the next day. (one special thing we did while we were away was to take about 20 koalas with us. We gave these to people all over WDW when we met someone lovely or were given excellent service)

We went to our new friends room and left some koalas at their door. They loved them!!!

We went back to check if our room was ready. We stayed in room 7002. The room was lovely. We were very lucky. We only booked a cat 11 room and then when I woke up on Christmas morning we had received a free upgrade to a cat 7 room!!!!

The room was surprisingly large. The bed was big and the room was clean. The decore and decoration were very Disney. The bathroom was a great size and the cupboard space was great too.

At 4pm we had to do a mandatory evacuation drill when the siren sounded so we put on our yellow vests and all had to attend a roll call. Once that was finished we returned to the room, got changed and explored the hotel.

Due to the terrible weather and storm outside, the traditional roof top sail away party was moved to the atrium (the lobby). I was a little disappointed but I decided I shouldn’t let it get to me.
Overall it was a long day and we couldn’t believe we were finally here!
I have no holidays planned to disney for a while....how depressing...i will just have to live through all your adventures!

churros
Annual Pass
Annual Pass

Re: Jess and Murray- Disney Wonder January 13th-17th 2008

Postby churros » Mon Jun 23, 2008 6:26 pm

OK - I'll wait for day 2 just as patiently as my friend Mickey here -/

KeithS
Annual Pass
Annual Pass

Postby KeithS » Mon Jun 23, 2008 10:03 pm

Yay! I was hoping you would return to this Jess. I was hanging out for part 2! I want to know what happens once you sail :)
Keith

Trip history:
DLR: 2005, 06, 09, 11, 12, 13, 15, 18
DLRP: 2006
HKDL: 2006 (Mar & Sept), 11 (Apr & Dec), 14, 19
SDR: 2017
TDR: 2008, 10, 17
WDW: 2006, 13 (Mar & Sept), 16, 19
DCL: 2013, 15 (Alaska & Hawaii), 18
Aulani: 2015

alice in wonderland
C Ticket
C Ticket

Postby alice in wonderland » Wed Jun 25, 2008 4:53 pm

thanks guys

I hopefully get to it this weekend. We are painting the baby's room at the moment!!!
Jess
I have no holidays planned to disney for a while....how depressing...i will just have to live through all your adventures!

churros
Annual Pass
Annual Pass

Postby churros » Wed Jun 25, 2008 8:41 pm

thanks guys

I hopefully get to it this weekend. We are painting the baby's room at the moment!!!
Jess
Red, yellow and black I hope! :wink:

calisota
Annual Pass
Annual Pass

Postby calisota » Thu Jun 26, 2008 5:21 pm

The photos of the passenger terminal show that Disney make much more of an effort than other lines I've seen. Most of them are just big tin sheds.

Greg
Chiang Mai Pickleball Club Play Pickleball in paradise

kuchnie Czeladź

Return to “Travel Reports and Trip Planning”