Down Under Disneyana Australian Disney Forum-Down Under Disneyana – Australia's premiere Disney fan site

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the Register link to proceed.

mushu's DL Trip - 2008

ajp
Annual Pass
Annual Pass

mushu's DL Trip - 2008

Postby ajp » Thu Jun 19, 2008 8:21 am

Thanks for the latest blog update. I'm loving the look of this ride. I'm a big fan of the Buzz ride and this looks like it's light years ahead (pun intended). To wait 3 hours like you did is pure dedication. But waiting 5-6 hours for some, well that takes a special sort of person I'm afraid. But I could imagine what it was like. We were at DCA on the official launch day of Monster's Inc and that was bedlam. Lucky for us they had a soft opening the day before which was a walk up, because not many knew it was on and we lucked in.

Look closely at the photo when mushu is on the teacups. She said she was travelling alone, but I have a scoop that she had company. In the background has to be Willie Mason with the sunnies on, and he's looking straight at the camera during the shot. Well done, getting big Willie on tour with you :mrgreen:

(we have to get used to using the different topic groups again).
2023 Disneyland, Walt Disney World, Disney Cruise Lines - Disney Wish. Going to be awesome to be back!

sandie
Annual Pass
Annual Pass

Re: mushu's DL Trip

Postby sandie » Thu Jun 19, 2008 5:24 pm

Having Willie Mason follow you would be enough to scare you out of the parks!!!!!

Sandie

mushu mama
Annual Pass
Annual Pass

Postby mushu mama » Thu Jun 19, 2008 6:46 pm

Ok, so because I follow real football ( Lisa ducking for cover :twisted: ) I had to google who on earth Willie Mason was. And let me tell you, I don't want to be anywhere near Willie Mason.
Surely that wouldn't be him ... right? its just someone that looks like him.

hehehe... thats pretty funny just the same. I hadn't even noticed that bloke looking at the camera... you guys are really looking closely aren't you?

Lisa.
1999- Tokyo DL, 2008- DLR/Cal Adventure, 2012-DLR/Cal Adventure, 2013-Tokyo DLand/Sea, 2014-DLR/Cal Adventure, 2015- Paris DL, 2016 - WDW/Disneycruise , upcoming - May 2018 - HongKong DL

KeithS
Annual Pass
Annual Pass

Postby KeithS » Thu Jun 19, 2008 7:49 pm

Well done, getting big Willie on tour with you
Wow - that is funny - you have good eyes Anthony!
(we have to get used to using the different topic groups again).
Yep - I was so used to the single group that I completely missed all these messages this afternoon! I'm just catching up now!
Keith

Trip history:
DLR: 2005, 06, 09, 11, 12, 13, 15, 18
DLRP: 2006
HKDL: 2006 (Mar & Sept), 11 (Apr & Dec), 14, 19
SDR: 2017
TDR: 2008, 10, 17
WDW: 2006, 13 (Mar & Sept), 16, 19
DCL: 2013, 15 (Alaska & Hawaii), 18
Aulani: 2015

calisota
Annual Pass
Annual Pass

Postby calisota » Fri Jun 20, 2008 9:11 am

Yep - I was so used to the single group that I completely missed all these messages this afternoon! I'm just catching up now!
The best thing I've found is, if you look in the top left hand corner of the main page you'll see a line of links saying " * View unanswered posts • View new posts • View active topics" . Just click View new posts and it'll put up a page with all the new posts since your last visit. I find it really handy if it's been a while and I'm trying to catch up.

Greg
Chiang Mai Pickleball Club Play Pickleball in paradise

ajp
Annual Pass
Annual Pass

Postby ajp » Fri Jun 20, 2008 9:25 am

Thanks Greg, great Idea. I noticed that the round icons on the left change to red when there is a new post as well. That's how I go looking, but I'll be using the new post button as well.
2023 Disneyland, Walt Disney World, Disney Cruise Lines - Disney Wish. Going to be awesome to be back!

mushu mama
Annual Pass
Annual Pass

Postby mushu mama » Sat Jun 21, 2008 3:41 pm

I'm a baaaaaaack.....

But not for long unfortunately. I am flying out tomorrow for Melbourne for mums funeral on Tuesday and then a couple of weeks of sorting, cleaning and then winding up all the estate stuff as best we can in that time.

I'll bring the blog up to date when I return. Theres still heaps of photos and stories to tell and I am determined to finish it.

And then I have the almost 3000 photos to start sorting and scrapping.

Oh ... guess what?

I managed to arrange a Disney Hostess all for myself for about half an hour on my last morning ( free of charge - she was helping me with something), and we hit it off pretty well so she arranged a huge BW photo of Mickey and had him sign it just for me.... :D
Also she said she had put it in my AP notes that next time I visit the park, they will make sure that the Lilly Belle ( is that the name of the train that Walt named after his wife?) is operating and I ( and my party) will be treated to a circuit of the tracks ( as in, without every other body in the park I think she said) .
I was amazed.

I can't wait to go back now. :)
And I was all but hyperventilating when I was walking out of the park for the last time. :(

I think I managed to gather quite a lot of pixie dust in my time there.

Lisa.
1999- Tokyo DL, 2008- DLR/Cal Adventure, 2012-DLR/Cal Adventure, 2013-Tokyo DLand/Sea, 2014-DLR/Cal Adventure, 2015- Paris DL, 2016 - WDW/Disneycruise , upcoming - May 2018 - HongKong DL

mushu mama
Annual Pass
Annual Pass

Postby mushu mama » Sat Jun 21, 2008 5:09 pm

Oh, I forgot to tell you what I learned about the fast passes.

When I was having a margarita on the Wharf area in DCA one day, I was talking to a couple from San Diego ( I think) who were huge Disney fans and who visit the park regularly, and they were telling me that regardless of what time you FP says you must go back between, as long as it is after the first time stated on your FP you can use it whenever. I tested the theory and it worked a charm every single time. For instance, one of my FP said I had to use it between 1 pm and 2pm and I went back to Space Mountain at 5 .20pm and I didn't have a problem. In fact, I did that heaps of times after that and never once got even a weird look. I didn't know about that, I just assumed that I HAD to return between those printed times.
So that was a godsend, I would gather as many FP as I could in the morning (crisscrossing between the parks) and then use them in the height of the afternoon when it was impossible to get on anything any other way ( short of a 90min + wait :evil: )

These people also gave me three free tickets to play the midway games on Paradise Pier ( not sure who he wangled them off but I wasn't complaining)...

Lisa. :cat:

KeithS
Annual Pass
Annual Pass

Postby KeithS » Sun Jun 22, 2008 10:54 am

I managed to arrange a Disney Hostess all for myself for about half an hour on my last morning ( free of charge - she was helping me with something), and we hit it off pretty well so she arranged a huge BW photo of Mickey and had him sign it just for me.... :D
What a scammer - I'm coming with you on your next trip :)
Also she said she had put it in my AP notes that next time I visit the park, they will make sure that the Lilly Belle ( is that the name of the train that Walt named after his wife?) is operating and I ( and my party) will be treated to a circuit of the tracks
Okay - I'm DEFINITELY coming with you now :D
And I was all but hyperventilating when I was walking out of the park for the last time. :(
Ahhhh yes, that same old feeling of trying to suck in gulps of air while moving through the Esplanade with blurry eyes, the sun shining, the music playing, and happy people heading into the parks while you are making your way out, knowing that this time tomorrow, you'll be back home after a 14 hour flight!! Sounds familiar everybody??!!
Keith

Trip history:
DLR: 2005, 06, 09, 11, 12, 13, 15, 18
DLRP: 2006
HKDL: 2006 (Mar & Sept), 11 (Apr & Dec), 14, 19
SDR: 2017
TDR: 2008, 10, 17
WDW: 2006, 13 (Mar & Sept), 16, 19
DCL: 2013, 15 (Alaska & Hawaii), 18
Aulani: 2015

churros
Annual Pass
Annual Pass

Postby churros » Sun Jun 22, 2008 4:57 pm

I was listening to a podcast yesterday (Single rider) and this guy recorded his walk from Harbor Boulevarde, through bag check, into the esplanade, through the turnstiles, through the tunnel and into Main Street and I was bawling my eyes out. :cry: Just a very simple audio, no talking, just listening to the changing sounds from traffic to Disney music, Tinkerbell as they swipe your ticket and then the Main Street theme music and a horses clip-clop - but there is so much emotion attached to this place!

mushu mama
Annual Pass
Annual Pass

Postby mushu mama » Wed Jul 09, 2008 9:15 am

Morning :D :D

I've started catching up with posting the last of my DL Trip Blog again... (even if the last post wasn't strictly about DL)- I wrote every day but didn't get time to post my musings and photos and stuff but will endeavour to have the last day posted by this Saturday.

Better late than never I figured.
I guess the link disappeared when the temp forum did so here it is again if you didn't save it.

http://mushusmagicalmysterytour.blogspot.com/

Next post: Bee stings and other things. :D
enjoy...
Lisa -/

churros
Annual Pass
Annual Pass

Postby churros » Thu Jul 10, 2008 1:52 pm

Lisa I was the one who left a comment on your most recent post but it said my name is Spritecomics :shock: I would never associate myself with something so geeky 8) Don't know what happened there!

mushu mama
Annual Pass
Annual Pass

Postby mushu mama » Thu Jul 10, 2008 2:28 pm

how funny is that? thats not all that common to appear as someone elses blogger name I'd imagine... you could get away with saying anything ....maybe.

Oh ... those shoes.... let me tell you about them :D . For starters, they are so high that even I am struggling to get used to their weight and height, (and I live in heels)... but I had to have them. I also wanted the turquoise pair the same really really badly but I knew that I was pushing it with one pair ... but the entire shop they were in beckoned me like a siren. I really could have brought home another 4 pairs from there if I'd lost my resolve. I hope those styles of shoes make it to our shores before long... they were gorgeous. I'm so over the ballet flats thing that dominates our shoe stores right now. I hate flats. :evil:

And the Krispy Kremes and the Cinnabon went down a treat that night...(and I think there might have been candy corn and coke involved too :roll: ) I think I bypassed the whole 'sugar high' thing and went straight into 'coma' because I couldn't have stayed awake that night even if I'd had Captain Jack to keep me company.

Lisa. :cat:

churros
Annual Pass
Annual Pass

Postby churros » Fri Jul 11, 2008 10:56 am

couldn't have stayed awake that night even if I'd had Captain Jack to keep me company.
Ah the magnetic pull of the bad boy yet we marry James Norrington :roll: and sometimes Lord Cutler Beckett :evil: but never Will Turner :cry: !

ajp
Annual Pass
Annual Pass

Postby ajp » Fri Jul 11, 2008 11:25 am

I don't know, I reckon my wife married Will Turner, because I definitely married Elizabeth Swan :mrgreen:

kuchnie Czeladź

Return to “Travel Reports and Trip Planning”