Down Under Disneyana Australian Disney Forum-Down Under Disneyana – Australia's premiere Disney fan site

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the Register link to proceed.

HKD Trip 12/05/08 - 22/05/08

churros
Annual Pass
Annual Pass

Postby churros » Sun Mar 16, 2008 11:56 am

And I am so over the Princess thing. :roll:
I challenge the validity of the title of princess! Yes I am throwing down the gauntlet! Are you truely a princess just because you marry a prince? Or are princesses only born into the royal blood line?

Check this out:

Aurora - born a princess
Snow White - born a princess
Cinderella - married a prince
Aerial - born a princess
Giselle - neither born a princess or married a prince
Jasmine - born a princess
Belle - married a prince

A few social climbers amongst them I suggest :wink:

(Am I going to Disney hell for this heresy :( ?)

RickGainsmith
A Ticket
A Ticket

Re: HKD Trip 12/05/08 - 22/05/08

Postby RickGainsmith » Thu Mar 26, 2009 9:45 pm

On returning I never got around to post a result of my trip.

On arriving we got the same disney buzz when seeing the large welcome to hong kong disneyland sign as our previous trips to la dl and dw. The Disneyland Hotel was very grand. Its english styling made you feel like you were in a posh hotel but with a little disney flare thrown in.

After storing our bags etc we wasted no time and walked down the park. The walk if fantastic, the gardens were very well kept and the music being played in the back ground made you feel like skipping all the way to the park. Probably about a 15 min walk.

The park itself if small version of LA Disneyland, it is missing alot of the thrill type rides but doesn't lack in the magic that all the parks have. Its very clean, the disney cast is very friendly, and the food was great. With a 9 month old we had no problems with parent swopping on space mountain, everything else we all went on.

The daily fireworks were very impressive, very similar to DW Magic Kingdom, with some extra feature I hadnt seen before.

All in all a very enjoyable trip, whilst the park was small we had done enough research to know this and thats what we expected.
Rick

churros
Annual Pass
Annual Pass

Postby churros » Fri Mar 27, 2009 6:54 am

I thought HKDL was beautiful and I can't wait to go back when they have some more attractions. It would be great if they added attractions that were unique and CHinese in theme.

I remember going to Haw Par Tiger Balm Gardens in Singapore in 1991 and they had a few flume rides. One in particular you went into a dragon's mouth, like the whale in DL and inside were miniature scenes from Chinese mythology. Granted they were very unDisney in that they were gruesome, violent and bloody but very Chinese none the less.

mushu mama
Annual Pass
Annual Pass

Postby mushu mama » Fri Mar 27, 2009 8:01 am

. Granted they were very unDisney in that they were gruesome, violent and bloody but very Chinese none the less.
:lol: :lol:

And thanks for the update Rick... happy planning... :)

Lisa. */
1999- Tokyo DL, 2008- DLR/Cal Adventure, 2012-DLR/Cal Adventure, 2013-Tokyo DLand/Sea, 2014-DLR/Cal Adventure, 2015- Paris DL, 2016 - WDW/Disneycruise , upcoming - May 2018 - HongKong DL

kuchnie Czeladź

Return to “Travel Reports and Trip Planning”