Down Under Disneyana Australian Disney Forum-Down Under Disneyana – Australia's premiere Disney fan site

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the Register link to proceed.

All booked for WDW again

ColinA
D Ticket
D Ticket

All booked for WDW again

Postby ColinA » Mon Feb 25, 2008 8:38 pm

We have all our flights and room booked for the December trip to WDW, staying 25 nights at the Boardwalk Villas in a one bedroom room with a Boardwalk view, and a studio Boardwalk view for my brother and his wife for 10 nights. In just over 3 1/2 months we start booking the restuarants.

We have enough trouble waiting 11 months for the next trip, how could you wait 2-3 years.

BrizMarc
C Ticket
C Ticket

Postby BrizMarc » Tue Feb 26, 2008 1:13 am

god your lucky. That must have cost a mint. Wanna pack me in a bag? ill be good.

ColinA
D Ticket
D Ticket

Postby ColinA » Tue Feb 26, 2008 8:33 am

No, it doesnt cost a mint, not when you have DVC points, most of the trips we book the flights on points, and no kids!

sandie
Annual Pass
Annual Pass

Postby sandie » Tue Feb 26, 2008 4:38 pm

and no kids!
There's the kicker - those little suckers certainly add "value" to a trip

Sandie

ajp
Annual Pass
Annual Pass

Postby ajp » Tue Feb 26, 2008 4:52 pm

Yes that is the truth. They add value on ALL fronts!
2023 Disneyland, Walt Disney World, Disney Cruise Lines - Disney Wish. Going to be awesome to be back!

sandie
Annual Pass
Annual Pass

Postby sandie » Tue Feb 26, 2008 6:18 pm

Yep, If I went alone I bet I could stay for three times as long as when we all go together - they all want to waste money on things like reeboks and cabbage patch dolls when I would be happy spending all 3 weeks in parks.

Such misery.

Sandie

ColinA
D Ticket
D Ticket

Postby ColinA » Wed Feb 27, 2008 5:50 am

Yep, If I went alone I bet I could stay for three times as long as when we all go together - they all want to waste money on things like reeboks and cabbage patch dolls when I would be happy spending all 3 weeks in parks.

Such misery.

Sandie
The best idea is to stay on Disney property, and not hire a car, then they can only go to Disney, or leave them at home!

sandie
Annual Pass
Annual Pass

Postby sandie » Wed Feb 27, 2008 7:53 am

I did leave them at home once but I spent twice as much on them as I felt guilty! :oops:

Sandie

BrizMarc
C Ticket
C Ticket

Postby BrizMarc » Wed Feb 27, 2008 12:53 pm

No, it doesnt cost a mint, not when you have DVC points, most of the trips we book the flights on points, and no kids!

DVC? Is that Disney Vacation Club? How exactly does it work?

churros
Annual Pass
Annual Pass

Re: All booked for WDW again

Postby churros » Wed Feb 27, 2008 5:45 pm

We have all our flights and room booked for the December trip to WDW, staying 25 nights at the Boardwalk Villas in a one bedroom room with a Boardwalk view, and a studio Boardwalk view for my brother and his wife for 10 nights. In just over 3 1/2 months we start booking the restuarants.
Sounds like a great trip - you'll be able to to do Mickeys Very Merry Christmas Party!

ColinA
D Ticket
D Ticket

Postby ColinA » Wed Feb 27, 2008 7:50 pm

DVC? Is that Disney Vacation Club? How exactly does it work?
DVC is Disney Vacation Club, like timeshare, you buy a certain number of points in a DVC resort, our home resort is the Boardwalk Villas, this gives you points that you can stay one night or bank them to stay for maybe two years worth of points. You pay a maintenance fee each year, you own this for in our case 42 years.

DVC resorts are premium resorts in prime area for a similar rate as staying in a value resort, other benefits apply with discounts on annual passes etc.

I would only plan on buying DVC if you plan on going every year or each second year.

It is like owning part of Disney, personally for us the best thing we have ever done.

PM me if you want to know more

ColinA
D Ticket
D Ticket

Re: All booked for WDW again

Postby ColinA » Wed Feb 27, 2008 7:54 pm

Sounds like a great trip - you'll be able to to do Mickeys Very Merry Christmas Party!
We manage to fit in MVMCP each year, fortunately we arrive at WDW before it finishes, it is much more crowded now than it used to be, but is a good experience with the parade being run at night and Celebrate the season show in front of the castle.

ColinA
D Ticket
D Ticket

Postby ColinA » Wed Feb 27, 2008 7:58 pm

I did leave them at home once but I spent twice as much on them as I felt guilty! :oops:

Sandie
For Christmas 2010 we have two friends booked for 2 weeks to stay in the Boardwalk with us, they wanted to leave their two kids at home, the son will be 15, the daughter 17 the kids didnt like the idea, so looks as if they will be there as well. For the next week they will stay at Pop or Allstars, glad I am not paying for that holiday.

ColinA
D Ticket
D Ticket

Postby ColinA » Wed Feb 27, 2008 8:03 pm

Such misery.

Sandie
UM, cabbage patch dolls and reebok shops are back in the real world, the only time to do that is when you are on the way back to the airport.

I have friends who say why do we go to the US each year for a holiday, I say no, I only go through the US to get to the other world.

ColinA
D Ticket
D Ticket

Postby ColinA » Wed Feb 27, 2008 8:04 pm

Yes that is the truth. They add value on ALL fronts!
Any more thoughts of buying DVC or did I talk you out of it!

kuchnie Czeladź

Return to “Travel Reports and Trip Planning”