Down Under Disneyana Australian Disney Forum-Down Under Disneyana – Australia's premiere Disney fan site

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the Register link to proceed.

All booked for WDW again

ColinA
D Ticket
D Ticket

Re: All booked for WDW again

Postby ColinA » Tue Nov 26, 2013 9:40 pm

2.5 weeks and we will be going again!
That does come around quick!

I finally got to check out the Boardwalk when I was there in September and was thinking of you Colin as I walked around. I instantly recognised the area where your balcony was from the photos you post each year - it was good to finally see it in person. I also got to check out the shops in the resort :)

Please pass on my regards to Becky if you get to see her, I wasn't able to get in to Be Our Guest in September as it was crazy busy then (free dining I guess), but it was great meeting her back in March.

PS. Hi Anthony - hope you are well! We don't see you much these days around here? Are you heading to the City again this New Year!?
Keith, you need to go stay at the Boardwalk one year. I can rent you the DVC points.

Anthony probably noticed on Facebook Becky posting about the Hilux, this is the Becky that works at Be Our Guest and Keith met her on the March trip. Her husband works at Tony's. Great couple and will try to get them out for breakfast or dinner again with their kids. I will pass on my regards.

We leave on Friday the 13th!

mushu mama
Annual Pass
Annual Pass

Postby mushu mama » Wed Nov 27, 2013 9:42 am

Was thinking it must be almost time for you guys to head off on your annual pilgrimage to the 'Happy Land'.... always envious :)

Have fun :)
1999- Tokyo DL, 2008- DLR/Cal Adventure, 2012-DLR/Cal Adventure, 2013-Tokyo DLand/Sea, 2014-DLR/Cal Adventure, 2015- Paris DL, 2016 - WDW/Disneycruise , upcoming - May 2018 - HongKong DL

ColinA
D Ticket
D Ticket

Postby ColinA » Fri Dec 13, 2013 8:26 am

Friday the 13th and the day to leave. Waiting at home packed and ready but bored! Have a 3.35 flight so plenty of time.

Have hired a car for one way rental to the airport.

See you at the other end!

churros
Annual Pass
Annual Pass

Postby churros » Fri Dec 13, 2013 9:41 am

Have a great trip! Being your winter woollies it's been very cold!

KeithS
Annual Pass
Annual Pass

Postby KeithS » Fri Dec 13, 2013 8:23 pm

Bye Colin!

Hope you are having a good flight. Let us know when you are safely in Orlando.

I'm sure I speak for everyone here by saying that we wish we were going with you :D
Keith

Trip history:
DLR: 2005, 06, 09, 11, 12, 13, 15, 18
DLRP: 2006
HKDL: 2006 (Mar & Sept), 11 (Apr & Dec), 14, 19
SDR: 2017
TDR: 2008, 10, 17
WDW: 2006, 13 (Mar & Sept), 16, 19
DCL: 2013, 15 (Alaska & Hawaii), 18
Aulani: 2015

ajp
Annual Pass
Annual Pass

Postby ajp » Sat Dec 14, 2013 8:49 am

Bye Colin!

I'm sure I speak for everyone here by saying that we wish we were going with you :D
Yes you do Keith!

Enjoy Colin, look forward to seeing the usual array of photos and I've heard it's cold as well.
2023 Disneyland, Walt Disney World, Disney Cruise Lines - Disney Wish. Going to be awesome to be back!

ColinA
D Ticket
D Ticket

Postby ColinA » Sun Dec 15, 2013 2:57 pm

Bye Colin!

I wish I could take everyone else!
Last edited by ColinA on Sun Dec 15, 2013 3:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.

ColinA
D Ticket
D Ticket

Postby ColinA » Sun Dec 15, 2013 3:10 pm

Ariived Friday night just before 11pm. Qantas and the staff were excellent, not sure why people complain. Dallas took about 1 hour to get through customs, the line up was huge and they do not care. US is slow checking things. We had a four hour connection time and by the time you catch the train to terminal C there was just enough time for something to eat and boarding again.

The room at the Boardwalk was right next door to jellyrolls, had the constant bass sound up until 1.30am so in the moring went to the front desk, seemed to be a common problem with the similar rooms. They said we could get another room but we had to pack and get bell services to collect our stuff and store until about 3pm Our new room was on the 5th floor, we usually ask for level two as you feel close to the Boardwalk happenings. In the process we had to cancel breakfast, I goes down to Kouzzina to tell them and here is Sandy from Liberty Tree Tavern come to suprise us, she came to the room with us and it was rather hard to not talk for longer than she did. She is coming again Thursday on her day off.

Tomorrow we meet up with our friends from home at Mama Melrose.

ColinA
D Ticket
D Ticket

Postby ColinA » Sun Dec 15, 2013 3:13 pm

From what I have heard it was 28 today and very humid, unusual for this time of the year.

I would prefer around 22 with no humidity, dont ask me to come in summer!

ajp
Annual Pass
Annual Pass

Postby ajp » Sun Dec 15, 2013 3:30 pm

dont ask me to come in summer!
Wouldn't dream of it! :D
2023 Disneyland, Walt Disney World, Disney Cruise Lines - Disney Wish. Going to be awesome to be back!

KeithS
Annual Pass
Annual Pass

Postby KeithS » Sun Dec 15, 2013 9:05 pm

Me neither - even late September was very hot and humid! I can't imagine what July-August must be like!

Glad you got there okay and were able to change rooms - nothing worse than nightclub-bass when you want to go to bed!
Keith

Trip history:

ColinA
D Ticket
D Ticket

Postby ColinA » Sun Dec 15, 2013 11:43 pm

Me neither - even late September was very hot and humid! I can't imagine what July-August must be like!

Glad you got there okay and were able to change rooms - nothing worse than nightclub-bass when you want to go to bed!

Did you get my email Keith!

KeithS
Annual Pass
Annual Pass

Postby KeithS » Mon Dec 16, 2013 6:31 pm

Did you get my email Keith!
All good Colin! Thanks for that ;)
Keith

Trip history:

ColinA
D Ticket
D Ticket

Postby ColinA » Fri Dec 20, 2013 1:44 pm

Our friends came to with us on Sunday night to Mama Melrose in Hollywood Studios and then Osborne Lights. They really enjoyed both.

The next day Monday they joined us at the Boardwalk for a short tour and then over to Beach Club by boat for breakfast at Cape May Cafe with the characters. By this time they were in awe of the Disney rooms and facilities. Compared to what they were staying in offsite they said it was so much better and cleaner and they could see you could use the whole resort, not just the room. The four kids also loved it.

After breakfast it was on the Disney bus which they could not believe was free and took you straight to Magic Kingdom without the need for the tram and boat. Then caught a small boat to the Grand Floridian for a look at the Gingerbread house, then the Monorail back to Magic Kingdom and another boat to Wilderness Lodge. After leaving them to wander around outside I went looking for them after maybe ten minutes and found them at the DVC kiosk and booking into the tour the next morning.

We then hired two four seater Surrey bikes and rode across to Fort Wilderness and back with plenty of Deer on the way and a race or two with the video going, was lots of fun.

We then caught the bus back to Fort Wilderness for dinner at Trails End which they said was the best meal they had while away, Then a look around the campsite Christmas decorations.

Boat and bus back to the Boardwalk and some time to look in the new Boardwalk bakery and a magician show they could not stop telling us how good the day was.

A whole new perspective on that there are other things at Disney apart from the theme parks and the advantages of staying onsite. Job accompolished.

Since then I have done a costing on a set period of value rooms and deluxe rooms and then DVC costings and purchasing cost new from Disney and resale. If anybody wants a copy email or PM me.

They headed home today.

ColinA
D Ticket
D Ticket

Postby ColinA » Fri Dec 20, 2013 2:45 pm

I have to mention, the weather has been perfect since being here, nice sunny days. 20-27 deg during the days.

kuchnie Czeladź

Return to “Travel Reports and Trip Planning”