Down Under Disneyana Australian Disney Forum-Down Under Disneyana – Australia's premiere Disney fan site

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the Register link to proceed.

Hotel Review

DisneyKaren
D Ticket
D Ticket

Hotel Review

Postby DisneyKaren » Fri Jan 31, 2020 7:46 pm

For quality and class I'd go Disneyland Hotel
If you like theming definitely Toy Story Hotel

Toy Story Hotel

Room: Cute bed runners and the shower curtain had sketches of the Toy Story characters.  Walls were a bit thin, with noise coming through when everyone returned after park closure - to be fair we were usually amongst that crowd, we just happened to have a city day and slightly earlier night.

Cast Members: Generally there was one person on who could assist, however all cast were wonderful at trying to help - all 5 cast at the concierge desk were trying to assist us with questions when we arrived (naturally a couple moved away when another guest came up to the desk).  Resort Activities staff were wonderful and seemed to enjoy our company - we only used the kids room after the park was closed so they allowed us to do craft.  Really lovely people who stopped us when we were leaving to change hotels and offered to paint a character on our hand.

Quality: The hotel is more cutely themed and they have done it well.  I prefer the themed hotels.  It was Toy Story all the way through from Lotso's shop to the Buzz, Woody & Pixar Chinese Lanterns hanging in reception.  Very brightly coloured foyer and rooms with Jessie or the Green Aliens announcing floors in the elevators.  No real gardens as such, but great courtyards which I'm sure would get good use in summer.

Characters: We saw Woody, Jessie and Bo Peep, however I'm sure Buzz must be there at times.  The characters interacted with guests when they could and would play around with each other and cast members when waiting for photos.  They were great at amusing themselves while staying in character.  They were out constantly and it appeared there was at least one character out at all times during the day.  To be fair we were only around the lobby a lot when the park had closed and guests were checking out in droves, unsure if characters were out more for those few guests remaining to have some fun and Disney or if this is usual.

Disneyland Hotel

We were moved here when the Toy Story Hotel was closed due to the park closure, so it's hard to give a proper review of the hotel when open.

Room: Classy - wooden bedheads with Tinkerbell on one side and the castle on the other (we found out at night about the fireworks going off in the beadhead and of course replayed it). Mirrors had metal frames with Minnie engraved in the room one and Tinkerbell in the bathroom. Shower curtain was white with white Mickey heads and the room curtain and bedspreads had Mickey heads throughout if you looked.

Cast Members: At reception, cast member's English was very good and we asked about a taxi to the airport for two days time so they helped us work out the best time and then booked it for us.  Resort Activities cast were wonderful and friendly; regardless of any English barriers they were great at showing us how to do things.  At meals there were no issues getting drinks, only once did I get a green tea when I asked if they had Earl Grey, but it was nice.

Quality: Certainly everything looked more beautiful and classy.  The Tinkerbell gift shop was set off well by a cast member outside in lit up Tinkerbell wings.  There was an indoor pool themed to Little Mermaid which was beautiful, there was also a basically equipped gym for anyone keen to exercise.  Gardens were nice with some different areas to explore including the almost maze like Lion King area. Mickey heads as elevator buttons and Mickey's voice announcing the floors was lovely.

Characters: Donald, Pluto, Chip & Dale all dressed in their seasonal outfits made constant appearances in the lobby even when there were very few guests.  The characters didn't have lineups so was easy to get a photo with them however not always a good one - a personal gripe as someone who enjoys photography - Donald and Chip & Dale go back to the same place  right in front of a big light so hard to get good photos - yep I'm fussy.  The characters were great at playing around with each other when there were no guests to take photos with.

Kingdom Club: My time happened to be spent here at the generosity of Disney.  Although as I have a number of food sensitivities I could only try a small number of the dishes; what I had was great and the desserts were wonderful and well themed.  We had Mickey, Minnie and Goofy in their Chinese New Year outfits come out during breakfast and of course bedtime Mickey came out in the evening.  At 5:15am when bell services were taking our bags downstairs, another cast member came over to us with to-go bags for breakfast (yogurt, orange juice, muffin, donut and croissant).  Not sure if this is a standard, was due to the park/hotel closures so they were being extra generous, or if it was due to my sister's question the night prior about if they stlil had a muffin or something we could take for breakfast (they'd said no at the time).  Whatever the reason we were very grateful for the food bag.
1996: Disneyland & Epcot | 2001: EuroDisney | 2014: DLR & DLRP | 2015: WDW | 2017: DLR, Aulani, TDR | 2018: DLR | 2020: SDR & HKDL | 2023: WDW

kuchnie Czeladź

Return to “Shanghai Disneyland”