Down Under Disneyana Australian Disney Forum-Down Under Disneyana – Australia's premiere Disney fan site

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the Register link to proceed.

COVID-19 - Shanghai

KeithS
Annual Pass
Annual Pass

COVID-19 - Shanghai

Postby KeithS » Tue Mar 10, 2020 12:40 pm

I see that Shanghai Disney Resort is starting to reopen things at last.  The Disneyland Hotel is reopening and so are some of the shops in Disneytown.  The park remains closed but it is the beginning of a staged reopening as the number of new Chinese infections drops.

Here is the official wording from Shanghai Disneyland:

Shanghai Disneyland Remains Temporarily Closed Until Further Notice

Disneytown, Wishing Star Park and Shanghai Disneyland Hotel Re-open with Limited Operations - March 10, 2020
Shanghai Disneyland remains closed as we continue to closely monitor health and safety conditions and follow the direction of government regulators. However, as the first step of a phased reopening, Shanghai Disney Resort will partially resume operations on March 9, 2020 with a limited number of shopping, dining, and recreational experiences available in Disneytown, Wishing Star Park and Shanghai Disneyland Hotel. Each of these resort locations will operate under limited capacity and reduced hours of operation. The Disney Car and Coach Park and the Disneytown Parking Lot will also reopen.

The resort will provide an extensive range of measures, designed to ensure a safe and healthy experience for all guests, Cast Members and Disneytown tenant employees, including strict and comprehensive approaches on sanitization, disinfection and cleanliness. In accordance with relevant regulations, every guest entering Shanghai Disney Resort will be required to undergo temperature screening procedures upon their arrival, will need to present their Health QR Code when entering dining venues, and will be required to wear a mask during their entire visit. Guests will also be reminded to maintain respectful social distances at all times while in stores, queues and restaurants.

Please refer to the Shanghai Disney Resort official website and app for the operation hours of Disneytown and Wishing Star Park.
Keith

Trip history:
DLR: 2005, 06, 09, 11, 12, 13, 15, 18
DLRP: 2006
HKDL: 2006 (Mar & Sept), 11 (Apr & Dec), 14, 19
SDR: 2017
TDR: 2008, 10, 17
WDW: 2006, 13 (Mar & Sept), 16, 19
DCL: 2013, 15 (Alaska & Hawaii), 18
Aulani: 2015

calisota
Annual Pass
Annual Pass

Re: COVID-19 - Shanghai

Postby calisota » Tue Mar 10, 2020 5:47 pm

The news this morning is reporting a marked drop in the number of cases reported in China. Xi Jinping is even visiting Wuhan to show how it's improved there.

Greg
Chiang Mai Pickleball Club Play Pickleball in paradise

KeithS
Annual Pass
Annual Pass

Postby KeithS » Wed Mar 11, 2020 7:40 am

I guess in China it was much easier to enforce social distancing than it is in a western country...and that has had a remarkable effect of slowing the spread of the virus.  They are now trying that in Italy, so it'll be interesting to see if the lock-down there has a similar effect.

I see a cast member in Disneyland Paris was infected with the virus - I wonder how long it'll be before they close that resort given there is quite a spread in France now too.
Keith

Trip history:

DisneyKaren
D Ticket
D Ticket

Postby DisneyKaren » Mon Mar 23, 2020 6:42 pm

I guess in China it was much easier to enforce social distancing than it is in a western country...and that has had a remarkable effect of slowing the spread of the virus.  They are now trying that in Italy, so it'll be interesting to see if the lock-down there has a similar effect.

I see a cast member in Disneyland Paris was infected with the virus - I wonder how long it'll be before they close that resort given there is quite a spread in France now too.
I'm seriously realising that while I enjoy living in a democracy, China has something going for it - people are told to decrease social contact and they do.  Meanwhile in the western world people assume that going to the nightclub or beach is the same thing as staying home.  Meanwhile don't get me started on those cruise ship passengers and all the overseas flights - self isolate for 14 days ...... after getting on a train, bus or another flight.  Let's face it, we're really not very good at this.
By the way, I'm a little sad that Wishing Star park is open and I can't go see it :(  I see a return trip to China in my future. \8-/
1996: Disneyland & Epcot | 2001: EuroDisney | 2014: DLR & DLRP | 2015: WDW | 2017: DLR, Aulani, TDR | 2018: DLR | 2020: SDR & HKDL | 2023: WDW

KeithS
Annual Pass
Annual Pass

Postby KeithS » Mon Apr 27, 2020 10:30 am

I see Shanghai Disneyland is preparing to reopen.  There has been some social media reports coming out showing the park testing social distancing measures at the park entry gates (new signage on the ground similar to what the supermarkets are doing here) along with images of cast members lining up at the gates to test distancing etc.  Seems like it'll reopen soonish.
Keith

Trip history:

calisota
Annual Pass
Annual Pass

Postby calisota » Tue Apr 28, 2020 4:38 pm

There are going to be a lot of people, not just those involved in theme parks, who will be watching what happens very closely.

Greg
Chiang Mai Pickleball Club Play Pickleball in paradise

kuchnie Czeladź

Return to “Shanghai Disneyland”