Down Under Disneyana Australian Disney Forum-Down Under Disneyana – Australia's premiere Disney fan site

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the Register link to proceed.

Alaska

churros
Annual Pass
Annual Pass

Alaska

Postby churros » Fri Feb 19, 2010 8:54 am

I had given my 17 year old the choice of a vacation after his HSC for the whole family and he chose Japan to snowboard (and TDR of course). But knowing his interest in visiting Alaska I have offered an Alaskan Disney cruise for 2011 instead. He (and he is not alone) is quite torn with the choice.

Any opinions?

ajp
Annual Pass
Annual Pass

Re: Alaska

Postby ajp » Fri Feb 19, 2010 9:03 am

Haha, we were all set with our daughter for something similar, we had agreed to take her and any of her friends to Disneyland (and other places as well of course and they pay for themselves by the way) for end of school next year instead of that godawful schoolies week, but now we're torn between that and a cruise and even she's squirming as well with the decision. Personally, I reckon a cruise but it's up to them ultimately.

Will the Alaskan cruises be on at that time of year? It will be winter so it may just be the Mexican cruises. Or were you thinking of holding off and going at another time?
2023 Disneyland, Walt Disney World, Disney Cruise Lines - Disney Wish. Going to be awesome to be back!

Mel
Annual Pass
Annual Pass

Postby Mel » Fri Feb 19, 2010 9:38 am

I am hoping somebody goes on one before we have to book our 2014 trip. We want to do a Disney cruise, but am undecided as to where just yet. I've done a Caribbean cruise before and would be happy going there again, but I'd also love to see Alaska. I reckon one of you should head off on an Alaskan cruise -/ :twisted:
The Big Trip: DL, WDW and Disney cruise 2016

ajp
Annual Pass
Annual Pass

Postby ajp » Fri Feb 19, 2010 10:40 am

Oh ok, if we must. I'm prepared to make sacrifices for the greater good of the club. :mrgreen:
2023 Disneyland, Walt Disney World, Disney Cruise Lines - Disney Wish. Going to be awesome to be back!

mushu mama
Annual Pass
Annual Pass

Postby mushu mama » Fri Feb 19, 2010 12:39 pm

Alaskan cruises only run from May to Sept I think - Ice chunks will still be hitting the hull so you won't miss the effect. You'd want to go early if you want to see a lot of snow - the bulk of it down in the lowlands melts within the first month of the 'season'. Don't bank on seeing moose - they're more likely inland.
Don't bother with a balcony... you seriously won't go out there. Take serious thermalage - prepare to be frozen regardless. Fly onto a glacier... you'll never regret it. Don't eat pine tree needle tips - no matter how convincing the guide is - suck a toilet lolly for the same effect. buy an Oosik - google it - you'll never be short of a conversation starter for the rest of your life.

Club trip?

I've offered a similar trip for my daughter and her friends when they finish in 2011, and they are thinking Bali or some Pacific Island at this point... not a Disney property within cooee but there is still time to convince them :wink: .

Lisa. */
1999- Tokyo DL, 2008- DLR/Cal Adventure, 2012-DLR/Cal Adventure, 2013-Tokyo DLand/Sea, 2014-DLR/Cal Adventure, 2015- Paris DL, 2016 - WDW/Disneycruise , upcoming - May 2018 - HongKong DL

sandie
Annual Pass
Annual Pass

Postby sandie » Fri Feb 19, 2010 3:32 pm

We are doing an Alsakian cruise in 2019 - yes I know how to plan!!! But I am not sure we will be doing the Disney one - it will be our 25th Wedding Anniversary so we might want something different but if one of you go soon i can use that to help make my decision!!!!

churros
Annual Pass
Annual Pass

Postby churros » Fri Feb 19, 2010 3:38 pm

The cruise would not be until next year.

sandie
Annual Pass
Annual Pass

Postby sandie » Fri Feb 19, 2010 3:52 pm

that's still well before 2019 - so I say go for it!

Mel
Annual Pass
Annual Pass

Postby Mel » Fri Feb 19, 2010 8:12 pm

We are doing an Alsakian cruise in 2019 - yes I know how to plan!!! !
Nothing at all wrong with that Sandie! We've been planning and saving for our 2014 (which may now be 2015) since before we conceived Ben, so that was... 2006! :lol: I've just managed to convince Craig that my Disney addiction requires a fix before then and really, Disney through a three and one year olds eyes.... hehehe. But I'm all for the long-term plan :)
Alaskan cruises only run from May to Sept I think - Ice chunks will still be hitting the hull so you won't miss the effect. You'd want to go early if you want to see a lot of snow - the bulk of it down in the lowlands melts within the first month of the 'season'. Don't bank on seeing moose - they're more likely inland.
Don't bother with a balcony... you seriously won't go out there. Take serious thermalage - prepare to be frozen regardless. Fly onto a glacier... you'll never regret it. Don't eat pine tree needle tips - no matter how convincing the guide is - suck a toilet lolly for the same effect. buy an Oosik - google it - you'll never be short of a conversation starter for the rest of your life.

Lisa. */
:shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:
I'm starting to think the Caribbean is more my cup of tea!
The Big Trip: DL, WDW and Disney cruise 2016

kuchnie Czeladź

Return to “Disney Cruises”