Down Under Disneyana Australian Disney Forum-Down Under Disneyana – Australia's premiere Disney fan site

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the Register link to proceed.

Alaskan Cruise

churros
Annual Pass
Annual Pass

Alaskan Cruise

Postby churros » Sun Aug 31, 2008 5:55 pm

Wrong direction but if DCL are coming up with new cruise ideas maybe they might come down under!

http://www.cruisecritic.com/news/news.cfm?ID=2759

calisota
Annual Pass
Annual Pass

Re: Alaskan Cruise

Postby calisota » Sun Aug 31, 2008 6:19 pm

Glacier Bay is one of the most spectacular places on earth. :!:

Greg
Chiang Mai Pickleball Club Play Pickleball in paradise

mushu mama
Annual Pass
Annual Pass

Postby mushu mama » Mon Sep 01, 2008 9:10 am

In my minds eye, I'm seeing Mickey and Minnie dressed as eskimo's ... cute as....
I think the alcohol consumption would be much higher on a cruise like that just to keep the insides warm :lol: . Might be a good money spinner for Disney.

Imagine seeing mountains of ice out of your window...absolutely mindblowing...

Lisa. */
1999- Tokyo DL, 2008- DLR/Cal Adventure, 2012-DLR/Cal Adventure, 2013-Tokyo DLand/Sea, 2014-DLR/Cal Adventure, 2015- Paris DL, 2016 - WDW/Disneycruise , upcoming - May 2018 - HongKong DL

Mel
Annual Pass
Annual Pass

Postby Mel » Mon Sep 01, 2008 3:24 pm

One day I WILL do an Alaskan cruise. If it's Disney - even better! :)
The Big Trip: DL, WDW and Disney cruise 2016

churros
Annual Pass
Annual Pass

Postby churros » Fri Sep 05, 2008 3:12 pm

From Mouse Planet:Is the Disney Cruise Line heading to Alaska?

"Will Mickey be getting some Northern exposure?

In a story broken by Cruisecritic.com, the Disney Cruise Line has applied for a 10-year permit to cruise into Glacier Bay. The bay is one of the most popular scenic stops for Alaskan cruises, and access is restricted to the national park both by number of vessels and number of days. The permits are for visits between January 1, 2010, and September 30, 2019.

With the two new ships committed to operating out of Port Canaveral through at least 2014 after their debuts in 2011 and 2012, the Disney Magic and Disney Wonder will likely be looking for new itineraries. If an Alaskan itinerary proves wildly successful, one of the new, larger ships could be moved west with one of the older ships returning to Port Canaveral.

Disney has been moving the Magic around the globe in recent summers, sending it to California in 2005, the Mediterranean in 2007, back to California this year, and adding new Eastern Caribbean itineraries next year. Alaska has been frequently mentioned as a potential new destination for the ship, along with the Western Pacific. We'll have to wait to see whether Disney manages to snag some of the available slots in Glacier Bay for an indication of how likely an Alaskan itinerary may be.

Disney is competing with other cruise lines for the available spots in the bay, including the Holland America and Norwegian Cruise Lines. Contracts are expected to be announced by the end of this year."

sandie
Annual Pass
Annual Pass

Postby sandie » Fri Sep 05, 2008 4:43 pm

July 2019 is when I will be cruising Alaska - so It maybe with Disney! Although some of the other ships look pretty awesome too.

Sandie

mushu mama
Annual Pass
Annual Pass

Postby mushu mama » Fri Sep 05, 2008 7:04 pm

With the two new ships committed to operating out of Port Canaveral through at least 2014 after their debuts in 2011 and 2012, the Disney Magic and Disney Wonder will likely be looking for new itineraries.
From what I've read about this, the new ships are possibly too big to do the Alaskan run so the older ships would be sent up there for the season. I imagine that that would be a good idea for other reasons too in that new ships on the old runs might encourage those who've already done the route on one ship to try the new one despite visiting the same ports again.
July 2019 is when I will be cruising Alaska - so It maybe with Disney! Although some of the other ships look pretty awesome too.Sandie
Yeah, the ships doing the Alaska circuit are pretty posh. A long way removed from the 'booze cruises' on some other runs.
Good Grief Sandie... how do you plan for quite so far in the future? by 2019 I hope I've seen a WHOLE LOT of the places on my bucket list but who knows what/where and in what order. It amazes me that you have stuff 'penciled in' that far out. :)
I have several trips penciled in for next year but after that... its anyones guess. :wink:

Lisa. -/
1999- Tokyo DL, 2008- DLR/Cal Adventure, 2012-DLR/Cal Adventure, 2013-Tokyo DLand/Sea, 2014-DLR/Cal Adventure, 2015- Paris DL, 2016 - WDW/Disneycruise , upcoming - May 2018 - HongKong DL

sandie
Annual Pass
Annual Pass

Postby sandie » Fri Sep 05, 2008 8:56 pm

This will be our 25th Wedding Anniversary trip - we were married in the US so we have to go back to celebrate! I have not planned anything except the cruise and a return to the Mopar Nats (and thats because I want to go not Peter!!!!! :oops: ). I will have another two trips between Japan next year and then - including one in 2014 where about 15 women i know have been saving $10 a week in special accounts since 2004 so we can all have a girl only trip to DL! None of them are Disney people but are under my power!!! :twisted:

Sandie

churros
Annual Pass
Annual Pass

Postby churros » Sat Sep 26, 2009 7:15 pm

The following video is about the new Alaskan cruise - sign me up!

http://www.youtube.com/user/DisneyParks

mushu mama
Annual Pass
Annual Pass

Postby mushu mama » Sat Sep 26, 2009 8:52 pm

yep... me too.

Lisa. -/

kuchnie Czeladź

Return to “Disney Cruises”