Down Under Disneyana Australian Disney Forum-Down Under Disneyana – Australia's premiere Disney fan site

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the Register link to proceed.

Disneyland photos

Keep up to date with the latest club news
mushu mama
Annual Pass
Annual Pass

Disneyland photos

Postby mushu mama » Sun Apr 16, 2006 9:11 pm

What do you do with the 100s of photos that you take on a Disney holiday? Do they live in a shoe/photo box or on a CD like lots of mine?
I am slowly scrapbooking my photos ( and I mean slowly, the trip was 6 years ago!) and I wonder if there would be any other club members willing to share their handiwork on this site! I would love to see other layouts so maybe there are others like me.
What do you think?

- Lisa :)

calisota
Annual Pass
Annual Pass

Postby calisota » Mon Apr 17, 2006 2:06 pm

They would look good in the photo album of this site. :D

You could either send me a copy of the CD or I can run you through how to upload them yourself.

Greg
Chiang Mai Pickleball Club Play Pickleball in paradise

KeithS
Annual Pass
Annual Pass

Postby KeithS » Tue Apr 25, 2006 10:22 am

Mine are mixed - during our US trip last year, I took 951 images (thank you Canon for developing a great digital camera!) When I got home, I went down to our local Big-W and printed out about ten of them to see what they looked like. The prints were fantastic, so we bought a 300 photo album and spent a couple of days picking 300 images to print. I put these on CD, went back to Big-W - selected 'print all' and the next day picked up a giant package of photos. Twelve months later, we are still in the process of labelling the album!

The rest of the pictures from the trip are still on CD (and I uploaded a few to this site of the 50th anniversary stuff.)

Now we are going through the same process for Hong Kong - but with a 200 size album. In HK, we also purchased about 8 professional shots (sometimes the character greeting areas had a photographer) - these are larger prints and we are (or I should say "Della is" - she is more artistic than me...) putting them together in a scrapbooking style presentation, which is looking excellent.

I've been told by Della that we have to have the US and HK photo albums up to date before she'll let me go on our next trip...haha.
Keith

Trip history:
DLR: 2005, 06, 09, 11, 12, 13, 15, 18
DLRP: 2006
HKDL: 2006 (Mar & Sept), 11 (Apr & Dec), 14, 19
SDR: 2017
TDR: 2008, 10, 17
WDW: 2006, 13 (Mar & Sept), 16, 19
DCL: 2013, 15 (Alaska & Hawaii), 18
Aulani: 2015

mushu mama
Annual Pass
Annual Pass

Postby mushu mama » Tue Apr 25, 2006 2:23 pm

Lordy - 951 images! I can only imagine how difficult it was to narrow that down by a third!
YAY..... :D another scrapbooker... Hope you put some on the site Della, I'd love to see them.
I have just finished a LO (Layout- for the non-scrappers) for a scrap challenge on another site so will also put it on here when I figure out how to do it - might have to yell for help with that yet!
Am very much looking forward to the photos and trip report for Hong Kong too......

-Lisa :D

PS: am LOVING these colours!

calisota
Annual Pass
Annual Pass

Postby calisota » Wed Apr 26, 2006 12:09 pm

PS: am LOVING these colours!
You are such a girl, and I mean that in the nicest way. :D

Digital photography is certainly the way to go. Thinking ahead for my trip next year (if I make it, fingers crossed) I built a little portable harddrive with parts I got off Ebay. It has a built in card reader and can transfer photos off the cameras memory card and onto the harddrive giving me 32 GB of memory space. A little calculation means that:

I can take 12800 photos total or 228 photos a day for the 8 weeks.

Imagine picking them up from Big W! :D

Greg

mushu mama
Annual Pass
Annual Pass

Postby mushu mama » Wed Apr 26, 2006 2:44 pm

You are such a girl, and I mean that in the nicest way. :D
YEP. All the usual vices... shopping, coffee with the girls, shopping, world domination, shopping.. and what was that other one... Oh yeah, shopping! I guess I could keep it down to one color per post if I HAD to.
I can take 12800 photos total or 228 photos a day for the 8 weeks.Greg
You relise that this can only mean ....
1.you will spend the whole 8 weeks looking through a viewfinder
and
2.you will need a trailer to get all those photos home
and
3. then you have to DO SOMETHING WITH THEM
:!:
( that went neatly back to my original point didn't it. )
so does this then mean that you are taking up scrapbooking Greg? :wink:

KeithS
Annual Pass
Annual Pass

Postby KeithS » Wed Apr 26, 2006 8:19 pm

Wow - I didn't even know you could do colours on this forum...errr...silly me, look at that - now I see the font colour list!!!

Hey, it lets you change size too!

Anyway, back on topic :D

I stayed up to 1:45am on Sunday morning typing my HK trip report - now I just need Della to review it and remind me of all the good things I've left out and have to put back in - that will require a bit of re-writing, and then I'll post it.
you will spend the whole 8 weeks looking through a viewfinder
This used to happen to me with videoing stuff - I spent a whole trip to the UK once looking down a black and white eyepiece! Had to relive my holiday in colour on the TV when I got home! Ever since then I vowed never to buy another video camera.

But in Hong Kong, I worked out how to use the little Quicktime movie recorder on Della's Canon still camera, and we made a number of short (<3 minute) movies around the park - and they are really good and convey some of the Disney atmosphere (my Dad, who has never been to a Disney Park, really liked them, especially as the park background music gives the movies a soundtrack!). The other advantage of the three minute movie is that you don't bore your audience - they are nice fast paced clips. So next time you are on holiday - give it a try.

We managed to get 74 movie clips and 500 photos (at 1600 x 1280 resolution) on a single 1gb card. We bought a second card just in case, but didn't need it in the end.
Keith

Trip history:
DLR: 2005, 06, 09, 11, 12, 13, 15, 18
DLRP: 2006
HKDL: 2006 (Mar & Sept), 11 (Apr & Dec), 14, 19
SDR: 2017
TDR: 2008, 10, 17
WDW: 2006, 13 (Mar & Sept), 16, 19
DCL: 2013, 15 (Alaska & Hawaii), 18
Aulani: 2015

mushu mama
Annual Pass
Annual Pass

Postby mushu mama » Wed Apr 26, 2006 9:51 pm

I stayed up to 1:45am on Sunday morning typing my HK trip report
YAY I will keep checking back. Behind every good trip report theres a great editor - way to go Della (had to try out the SIZE button -whoo hoo -I guess it does matter after all!)
But in Hong Kong, I worked out how to use the little Quicktime movie recorder on Della's Canon.
I have this function on my camera but its about 3 years old now and the new ones work better than mine does. A new digital SLR or a 'video' camera that can download straight onto the computer is on my wish list. fingers crossed!

calisota
Annual Pass
Annual Pass

Postby calisota » Fri Apr 28, 2006 7:01 am

I guess there is a danger in seeing the whole trip through a view finder but on the other hand I find that I really look at scenes now and see them in a different way when I'm considering how to photograph them. The advantage of having the potential to take so many shots is that I can take a number of one scene or event and end up with the one "special" shot that I might otherwise have missed if I limited myself to how many I took. How often have you gotten to see the final photo and wished that you'd just moved a foot or two one way or the other or that person hadn't stepped into the background?

I've never had or used a video camera but went the still camera route because I figured that to get enough usable video I really would be spending all my time looking through the view finder, like Keith said. My camera does the movie thing as well but I'd sort of forgotten it, so I might do what you did and just take small atmosphere videos.

As for the scrapping, I can't see it happening, I'm more likely to admire someone elses work that do it myself. Besides, it's much too low tech for me. 8)

Greg

PS Good to see that you're into world domination Lisa. Everyone needs something to get them out of the house. :D

mushu mama
Annual Pass
Annual Pass

Postby mushu mama » Sat Apr 29, 2006 11:57 pm

I can take a number of one scene or event and end up with the one "special" shot that I might otherwise have missed if I limited myself to how many I took.

true, that special shot is worth it, but then maybe you run the risk of being preoccupied with the detail and miss absorbing the moment.....
As for the scrapping, it's much too low tech for me. 8)
Actually I'm a little offended. Scrapping can be extremely techincal. Sometime we even use those new thingies called computers!
PS Good to see that you're into world domination Lisa. Everyone needs something to get them out of the house. :D

Ok, now sorry to disappoint but dominatrix I am not, I just threw it in there to break up all the girly activities! :lol:

- Lisa

Lashbear
A Ticket
A Ticket

Postby Lashbear » Wed Sep 27, 2006 7:16 am

Hello there - First post !!

My name's Rob, I'm from Hornsby, but you might know me from Lounge of tomorrow / Fab / Mousepad / Micechat. So here's an Aussie board. Yay :D

I like to collect all the pics on DVD, and try to resize them and put up Webpages when I can - lots easier to share with lots of people !

My layout is not very inspiring, however. :oops:

You can see my Japan photos (but not all 6000 of them :shock: ) Including Tokyo Disneyland & Disneyseas, at this url:
http://users.tpg.com.au/adslgroh/japan/Hub.htm

Cheers, Mouseketeers !!
Rob.
DLR in March/April 2007

kuchnie Czeladź

Return to “Down Under Disneyana News”