Down Under Disneyana Australian Disney Forum-Down Under Disneyana – Australia's premiere Disney fan site

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the Register link to proceed.

High School "Down Under Disney" project

Keep up to date with the latest club news
calisota
Annual Pass
Annual Pass

High School "Down Under Disney" project

Postby calisota » Sun Dec 18, 2005 9:13 am

I just got this email and figured I'd post it here to see if anyone can make any comments that may help out Chris.

To Whom It May Concern,
I am a member of the Billerica Memorial High School DECA program. DECA is a business club in which busniess projects are written and presented to judges at district, state and national competitions. Last year the National Competition was held at the Disneyland Resort in California.

My partners and I are writing a project for the International Business Plan category, a category in which a group writes a paper which proposes to start from the US in a foriegn country. This year our project proposes to create a "Disney Downunder" in Australia. The three of us along with our advisor are really excited about the project.

I was wondering if this sounded like a good idea to any of you. Being here in the US we don't know if a "Disney Downunder" would be welcomed in Australia. Please reply and let us know what you think of our idea. We appreciate the feedback.

Please forward this email to the necessary personel. Thank you for your time.

Sincerely

Christopher Hartery
Chiang Mai Pickleball Club Play Pickleball in paradise

KeithS
Annual Pass
Annual Pass

Postby KeithS » Mon Dec 26, 2005 9:38 pm

Heyya Calisota, I wouldn't mind giving Chris and his mates a hand. Sounds like an interesting project!

Do you mind PMing their email address? Saves having to correspond through the forum (and getting their email spammed...)

This whole thing makes me wonder what it would be like to have a Disney Downunder - I know we've talked about it in the past, and whether it would work or not, but consider the extra theming available - you know, instead of a Main Street USA - we could have a High Street version set in 1900 - of course, that would require a pub on every corner :) haha.

I think it could work, but I believe it would have to be Sydney or Brisbane - because that is where the bulk of the tourists go (sorry Melbourne!) although the vacant land near Geelong has been looked at (but boy, it is cold down there in winter...and windy - Sydney and Brisbane have the climate too...)

Anyway, enough rambling - hopefully we can provide these guys some help...

KeithS.
Keith

Trip history:
DLR: 2005, 06, 09, 11, 12, 13, 15, 18
DLRP: 2006
HKDL: 2006 (Mar & Sept), 11 (Apr & Dec), 14, 19
SDR: 2017
TDR: 2008, 10, 17
WDW: 2006, 13 (Mar & Sept), 16, 19
DCL: 2013, 15 (Alaska & Hawaii), 18
Aulani: 2015

calisota
Annual Pass
Annual Pass

Postby calisota » Fri Mar 31, 2006 2:16 pm

I got this email from chris and Co the other day:

"Hey Greg,
It's a beautiful day here in Boston Massachusetts. My partners Megan and Matt and I have just found out that we finished in second place at State Competition and will be moving on to National Competition in Dallas, Texas!!! We scored a 94 out of 100, thanks so much.
Chris and Company"

Sounds like they did well. I've wished them luck for the National Competition.

Greg
Chiang Mai Pickleball Club Play Pickleball in paradise

kuchnie Czeladź

Return to “Down Under Disneyana News”