Down Under Disneyana Australian Disney Forum-Down Under Disneyana – Australia's premiere Disney fan site

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the Register link to proceed.

Disney trivia

Keep up to date with the latest club news
calisota
Annual Pass
Annual Pass

Disney trivia

Postby calisota » Sat May 21, 2005 6:19 am

I've just added a feature to the main page of the web site that (should :D ) generate a little piece of Disney trivia each time you visit or refresh the page. I have about 100 random bits but if anyone has any more that they would like added just email them to me. They just have to be one line and plain text.

Greg

Gerard
E Ticket
E Ticket

Just discovered something new.

Postby Gerard » Fri Jul 15, 2005 12:51 pm

I was watching Disneyland USA DVD , in the Disneylands 10th Birthday bit. You see one of the Dwarfs remove his head on camera. This is not a outtake it was broadcast on Disney's World of Colour in 1965. if you have the DVD it's the bit were Mary Poppins flies way.

calisota
Annual Pass
Annual Pass

Postby calisota » Fri Jul 15, 2005 2:47 pm

Hi Gerard, welcome to our growing little group. :)

What exactly is the "Disneyland USA DVD"? Others here probably know about it but I've never heard of it and it sounds like something I wouldn't mind getting.

Also, just on a side note, what is the avatar you're using? I can't quite make it out.

Greg

KeithS
Annual Pass
Annual Pass

Postby KeithS » Fri Jul 15, 2005 7:33 pm

Heyya Gerard, I'm with Calisota...what DVD is that?

I'm looking forward to the Disneyland - The Secrets, Stories and Magic of the Happiest Place on Earth DVD that was meant to come out in the US on the 12th July (although it appears to have been delayed). It is available to buy from Amazon for $14.99 + shipping but is Region 1 encoded (do Amazon ship DVDs? I know they do not ship computer games overseas...grrrr)

Oops - getting a bit off topic, maybe we should start talking Disney DVDs in the MOVIES group.

Trivia-wise, for anyone coming to the club meeting on the 16th (tomorrow) - I've put together a nice group trivia session based entirely on Disneyland (half the questions historical, the other half based on Disneyland today) so get studying, you have 24 hours!

KeithS

calisota
Annual Pass
Annual Pass

Postby calisota » Sat Jul 16, 2005 5:38 am

Keith, would you be interested in putting your trivia session online? I have a nice little quiz script that I can add to the site so that people like me who can't make it to the meeting can still have a go.

Greg

KeithS
Annual Pass
Annual Pass

Postby KeithS » Sat Jul 16, 2005 9:34 am

No problems at all, I'll send it to you tomorrow (after the meeting :D can't have anyone get a head start!)

KeithS

Gerard
E Ticket
E Ticket

Postby Gerard » Sat Jul 16, 2005 11:00 am

the DVD is part of the Walt Disney Treasures collection, it's available at Amazon
http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/de ... d&n=507846

it contains Dateline Disneyland (live broadcast opening day) the Disneyland Story (first TV show announcing Disneyland), Disneyland After Dark and Disneyland Tenth Anniversary Show.

the Avatar is a bad photo of the Disney Coat of Arms on Sleeping Beauties Castle

calisota
Annual Pass
Annual Pass

Postby calisota » Sat Jul 16, 2005 12:51 pm

the Avatar is a bad photo of the Disney Coat of Arms on Sleeping Beauties Castle
It's probably still on the trivia topic to ask, what's on the coast of arms?

I didn't even know there was a Disney coat of arms, probably a good trivia question in it's own right, Keith.

Greg

KeithS
Annual Pass
Annual Pass

Postby KeithS » Sat Jul 16, 2005 11:30 pm

Well, we had our club meeting today - but we didn't do the Disneyland team trivia that I prepared - we've deferred it to the next meeting due to the number of events that were held tonight (it was a big and fabulous meeting!)

We did do three other trivia sessions today, a music quiz (not really suitable for the website), plus a True or False trivia, and a multiple choice trivia. Wayne was going to give me the True or False and Multiple choice quizes so that we could post them this evening - but I forgot to pick them up! :oops:

So....sorry all you members who were not able to come, you'll have to wait a couple of days until I get them off Wayne!

KeithS

calisota
Annual Pass
Annual Pass

Postby calisota » Sun Jul 17, 2005 5:33 am

Well, we had our club meeting today - but we didn't do the Disneyland team trivia that I prepared - we've deferred it to the next meeting due to the number of events that were held tonight (it was a big and fabulous meeting!)

Would there be anyone willing to write up a "meeting report" for the site, for the benefit of those of us that can't make it and to entice others with an idea of what happens?

Multiple choice and true/false quizzes are perfect. Anything that actually requires typing in an answer is fraught with problems if the two answers aren't exactly the same.

We may have to figure out a way of getting a web cam into a future meeting so that we can have link-up meetings around the country.

Greg

KeithS
Annual Pass
Annual Pass

Postby KeithS » Wed Jul 27, 2005 9:32 pm

Hello - yes, I'm still here...I just got held up with work over the last couple of days.

Now, where were we. A meeting report - well, I could have a go at it. I might miss bits but I'm sure there are people here that can correct me. I'll give it a go next Monday (bank holiday - yay). Next meeting, I'll try and get a copy of the meeting running sheet and so that it is more accurate (Wayne - is that okay with you, I'm happy to do reports for each meeting...)

I've got the photos from the meeting thanks to Julie who emailed them too me. I hope to get them up online tonight.

As for the webcam - I think we are going to be hampered by technology. I doubt the hall we use for meetings is ADSL equipped. So unless someone can come up with a wireless equipped laptop, it may not be practical. Also, I don't know if the meeting format is really compatible with web streaming as we tend to be fairly interactive - so Greg, I guess you'll have to move to Sydney :D

KeithS

calisota
Annual Pass
Annual Pass

Postby calisota » Sat Jul 30, 2005 4:42 am

A meeting report - well, I could have a go at it. I might miss bits but I'm sure there are people here that can correct me. I'll give it a go next Monday (bank holiday - yay).
A bank holiday? I thought every day in a bank was a holiday, what's this one for?

Look forward to the report, I've always wondered what happens at one.
I've got the photos from the meeting thanks to Julie who emailed them too me. I hope to get them up online tonight.
They are up on the photo gallery now. Someone may have to give me an idea of who is in them so I can put labels.
so Greg, I guess you'll have to move to Sydney :DKeithS
I'll save my pennies and make a trip to Sydney for one of the meetings. Is life as fast paced and hectic down there as I've been led to believe and will it all be a bit overwhelming for a Gold Coaster like me? :D

Greg

KeithS
Annual Pass
Annual Pass

Postby KeithS » Thu Sep 15, 2005 7:56 pm

Sorry, I've been neglecting this thread for a bit - but don't worry, I plan to make amends.

The next Disneyana Club meeting will take place on Saturday 24th September, and I plan to be armed with pen and paper to make copious notes on what takes place, as well as running the group trivia session (and then we can put those questions online) as well as obtaining other bits and pieces for the site.

Watch this space...
Keith

Trip history:
DLR: 2005, 06, 09, 11, 12, 13, 15, 18
DLRP: 2006
HKDL: 2006 (Mar & Sept), 11 (Apr & Dec), 14, 19
SDR: 2017
TDR: 2008, 10, 17
WDW: 2006, 13 (Mar & Sept), 16, 19
DCL: 2013, 15 (Alaska & Hawaii), 18
Aulani: 2015

Lashbear
A Ticket
A Ticket

Re: Just discovered something new.

Postby Lashbear » Fri Sep 29, 2006 11:38 pm

I was watching Disneyland USA DVD , in the Disneylands 10th Birthday bit. You see one of the Dwarfs remove his head on camera. This is not a outtake it was broadcast on Disney's World of Colour in 1965. if you have the DVD it's the bit were Mary Poppins flies way.
I did not spot this - but you've fascinated me - I HAVE to look for this now :lol: I'll watch it tomorrow and reply then
DLR in March/April 2007

kuchnie Czeladź

Return to “Down Under Disneyana News”