Down Under Disneyana Australian Disney Forum-Down Under Disneyana – Australia's premiere Disney fan site

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the Register link to proceed.

Down Under Disneyana merchandise

Keep up to date with the latest club news
calisota
Annual Pass
Annual Pass

Down Under Disneyana merchandise

Postby calisota » Fri Jul 15, 2005 3:01 pm

I don't know if this has been brought up before at one of the club meetings or been discussed at any other time but I thought I'd have a little fun and set up an online shop selling Down Under Disneyana merchandise.

Have a look at http://www.cafepress.com/dudisneyana

The way that cafepress works is that they set up the "shop" for free and then they handle all the orders, printing of the goods and delivery. All I had to do was upload a logo. The prices listed in the shop are the base rate with no mark-up at all. Cafepress take all this money. If the Club wanted to, a set amount or percentage could be added to the price of every item sold and the Club would get this profit. Remember that the prices listed are in $US and the shipping is from the US.

Personally I would tend to leave the prices at the base rate to keep them as low as possible in the hope of selling more and getting more walking billboards for the club. This is entirely open to discussion though, as is the entire concept.

I have a shop for another web site I have and have bought a couple of t-shirts so I can attest to the quality of the goods.

So, what does everyone think?

Greg

ps, it's easy to have a choice of logos, colours etc., maybe even the URL of this site under the logo.

KeithS
Annual Pass
Annual Pass

Postby KeithS » Fri Jul 15, 2005 7:06 pm

Wow - that stuff looks great. Della and I had discussed this subject before we went to the US. We said it would have been great to have a club T-shirt, especially as we were trying to get on the Sunrise show over there.

Still, I think the best person to comment on this will be Wayne - he runs the club and I'd be interested to hear his opinion.

KeithS

calisota
Annual Pass
Annual Pass

Postby calisota » Sat Jul 16, 2005 5:42 am

If you're there Wayne, let us know what you think. :D

The logo that I used was just a scan of the logo off one of the newsletters (the same one that I used as the logo on this site) so I'm not entirely sure how smooth it will look when it's blown up to t-shirt size. It doesn't look too bad in the examples they show, I'd certainly be buying a shirt.

Greg

KeithS
Annual Pass
Annual Pass

Postby KeithS » Sun Jul 17, 2005 12:06 am

I spoke to Wayne this evening about the goods. In fact, he asked me to do a short presentation on it at the club meeting, everyone including Wayne is enthusiastic.

Can we get a link on the home page? Not all the club members visit the forums and I thought a home page link to the shop would be a good idea.

I'll get a t-shirt for the next club meeting to see how good the quality of the printing is. We may need to get a higher resolution logo, but I don't know whether we have an electronic copy available.

Perhaps Wayne could advise on where the logo originally came from, and whether a detailed electronic copy exists.

KeithS

calisota
Annual Pass
Annual Pass

Postby calisota » Sun Jul 17, 2005 5:28 am

Great to see that people are interested in the idea. :D

As soon as I've finished this I'll add a link to the home page so it should be there by the time you read this post.

A better logo could be a good idea, hard to say without actually seeing the finished product. The advantage it has is that it's a pretty basic black and white design with solid lines.

Greg

kuchnie Czeladź

Return to “Down Under Disneyana News”