Down Under Disneyana Australian Disney Forum-Down Under Disneyana – Australia's premiere Disney fan site

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the Register link to proceed.

Welcome

Keep up to date with the latest club news
calisota
Annual Pass
Annual Pass

Welcome

Postby calisota » Wed May 18, 2005 4:48 am

Welcome to the forum section of the Down Under Disneyana Club web site.

Please feel free to post messages and take part in the discussions. Just remember that there may be children reading your posts so keep that in mind when choosing the language you use.

If you have an idea for another section of the forum, or any other comments about the site as a whole, please post them here.

Greg

KeithS
Annual Pass
Annual Pass

Website

Postby KeithS » Sun May 29, 2005 10:37 am

Congratulations Greg on getting this excellent website and forum up and running.

I'll be putting together a trip report shortly from Della and myself, detailing our recent visit to Disneyland for the beginning of the 50th celebrations.

I hope you'll be able to make it to Sydney sometime for one of the club meetings so that we can put a face to the name!

Keith.

calisota
Annual Pass
Annual Pass

Re: Website

Postby calisota » Sun May 29, 2005 1:47 pm

Congratulations Greg on getting this excellent website and forum up and running.
Thanks Keith. We just have to try and get a little bit of traffic on the forum now. I was probably just feeling a little left out, up here in the best part of the country, and wanted a place I could join in the discussions
I'll be putting together a trip report shortly from Della and myself, detailing our recent visit to Disneyland for the beginning of the 50th celebrations.
Excellent. I'll look forward to reading it.
I hope you'll be able to make it to Sydney sometime for one of the club meetings so that we can put a face to the name!
Sydney is such a long way away and it's not such a great face anyway. Picture Quasimodo on a bad hair day. :D

Greg

James
A Ticket
A Ticket

Postby James » Thu Jun 09, 2005 6:13 pm

Hello Greg and Keith! How are you both doing? This site is fantastic and I want to congratulate you on creating it Greg! Keith, I'm looking forward to seeing your trip report on Disneyland, as soon as you put it up! I hope that this site gets all the users it deserves posting here! Bye!
-James
Saturday Disney Rocks!
I'm 13 and proud of it!

calisota
Annual Pass
Annual Pass

Postby calisota » Mon Jun 13, 2005 5:12 am

Hi James, good to see you here.

As we start to get a few people joining the forum do you think it worthwhile to have people introduce themselves and let everyone else know a little about themselves?

Greg

James
A Ticket
A Ticket

Postby James » Mon Jun 13, 2005 8:30 am

Hi James, good to see you here.

As we start to get a few people joining the forum do you think it worthwhile to have people introduce themselves and let everyone else know a little about themselves?

Greg
Yes, I do. I'll start off first. My name is James Taylor, I am 13 years old and I live in Sydney, N.S.W, Australia(obviously). I have a twin brother called Ben, an older sister called Lucy, and my two parent are called Judy and Rob. I am in year 8 and am what some people refer to as unpopular. I am a mega Disney fan, and I go to great lengths to buy Disney products, as I even get my Dad to get me the box from the latest Disney Happy Meal! I have been a Disney fan since I was in year 4, and my friends all know that I could talk through wet cement to them about Disney. I love the Disney Channel, I love many TV Shows and I am a DCOM (Disney Channel Original Movie) fan. I want all of the Disney Channel TV shows and movies on DVD, and I belong to the TV Tome forum and the Ultimate Disney forum. I am also registered with the website TV Show on DVD. I am trying to join the forum TV.com, but it is hard to do. I obviously love Saturday Disney, and I actually joined this forum through the Australian Saturday Disney forum, which is an absolute waste of time, because no one goes on it. I am trying to get some of my friends from my, other forums to join, but it is hard as many of them aren't Australian. I'm very glad that you created this site Greg, and I'm looking forward to many happy years of posting here. Thanks for listening guys. Who's next? :lol:
-James
Saturday Disney Rocks!
I'm 13 and proud of it!

WayneG
B Ticket
B Ticket

Postby WayneG » Mon Jun 13, 2005 9:29 am

:) James,

Welcome to our club's forum. It is great to have other Disney fans from Australia on the forum. As you are in Sydney you and your family are most welcome at our events here in Sydney. The next event is on the 16th July when we are having a large event to celebrate 50 years of Disneyland including a live cross to Disneyland where three of our members will be.

Wayne

James
A Ticket
A Ticket

Postby James » Thu Jun 16, 2005 5:04 pm

:) James,

Welcome to our club's forum. It is great to have other Disney fans from Australia on the forum. As you are in Sydney you and your family are most welcome at our events here in Sydney. The next event is on the 16th July when we are having a large event to celebrate 50 years of Disneyland including a live cross to Disneyland where three of our members will be.

Wayne
I am sooooooooooooooooo sorry Wayne, but I can't go. That is the day when the 6th Harry Potter book comes out, and I'm a bit of a fan of it. I am engaged with other events concerning this release. I'm sorry. I really am. I would've otherwise come, but I can't. Sorry!
-James
Saturday Disney Rocks!
I'm 13 and proud of it!

KeithS
Annual Pass
Annual Pass

Postby KeithS » Thu Jun 16, 2005 9:36 pm

Heyya James - it is a shame you can't make it but as a fellow Harry Potter fan, I can sympathise.

I will also be lined up at Big W on that Saturday morning awaiting my copy - just like two years ago. Am I excited...:D...you betcha!

I should get a couple of chapters read before heading off to the Disney meeting!

I hope you have a good time doing your Harry stuff.

KeithS

calisota
Annual Pass
Annual Pass

Postby calisota » Sun Jun 19, 2005 9:50 am

July 16th huh? I may just have to line up and grab a copy myself.

Greg

James
A Ticket
A Ticket

Postby James » Sun Jun 19, 2005 9:56 am

I hope you have a good time doing your Harry stuff.
KeithS
Thanks. :) I will. And I will actually be up at Max Ells Bookshop, with my brother - just like two years ago. :lol:
-James
Saturday Disney Rocks!
I'm 13 and proud of it!

gabrielle2106
A Ticket
A Ticket

NEWBIE WELCOME

Postby gabrielle2106 » Sun Jun 26, 2005 4:21 pm

I thought I better do a proper introduction. I'm Vicki, from Gippsland in Victoria. I'm married with an 18 yo daughter. We've been to Disneyland twice, once a few years ago and again last year. We're going again in September 2006. We just love it, can't get enough of it. Last year we stayed at the Grand Californian which was just the best. We collect all sorts of Disney stuff, particularly anything old, anything "sorcerer' style and my daughter collects "Tink"... My husband Peter just loves going there, and everything about it...particularly the rides. Next year we're going for 21 days the longest we've been but we're sick of getting home and chatting about things we missed...anyway, that's us..

Vicki and family

KeithS
Annual Pass
Annual Pass

Postby KeithS » Sun Jun 26, 2005 10:39 pm

Hiya Vicki (& family!)

Welcome to the forum. It has only been alive a couple of weeks, but we hope to get a whole bunch more people on here shortly. A news letter is be mailed out in the next week or so to all Down Under Disneyana Club members with details of the website address, so hopefully more club members will join us online then.

21 days will be a fabulous adventure. My partner Della and I just got back from 11 days in Anaheim. It was our first time and it was unbelievable - we were big Disney fans before our holiday, but now we've become obsessed! :)
We are planning our next trip now...Hong Kong Disneyland next March.

Della collects Disney pins, classic collection figurines and stuff toys, I collect the books and DVDs, so between us, we've got a good collection.

Anyway, good to see you around the forum.

KeithS

gabrielle2106
A Ticket
A Ticket

First time

Postby gabrielle2106 » Sun Jun 26, 2005 11:18 pm

Our first time at DL we were only there 4 days, last year we did 14 days, next year 21 days...I see a pattern emerging.
I too collect dvd's, I have most of the older ones, Mallory collects pins, she buys up big while we are over there and buys a lot on ebay. I've also managed to collect a lot of posters, mainly movie posters but only repro's..ohh well. We do have a lot of Disney Christmas stuff, that's my other love....just love Christmas so adding Disney to it is extra special. We really wanted to visit after they put up their decorations next year but due to work restrictions Peter can't get the time off, I might have to go without him the year after. Did you see the series on Disney they did on the Travel channel?, they did WDW, DParis, and WDW at Christmas and the cruise line...I got 2 on dvd...spectacular...
We can't wait for next year, our third holiday, currently checking out accomodation, last year we stayed at the Grand Californian which is magnificent but so expensive, I'd rather spend the money on disneyana...so we won't be there next year...ohh well.
Vicki

KeithS
Annual Pass
Annual Pass

Postby KeithS » Mon Jun 27, 2005 7:35 pm

Ahhh yes, eBay...the last temptation for Australian based Disneyana collectors. Della has been buying pins off ebay too.

I was collecting Disney movie posters for a while, reproductions mainly but also a couple of originals (I have a great Lion King original from a theatre that I begged to for months!) Unfortunately they are all hidden in my wardrobe now - my current house doesn't have much wall space (too many windows and wall units!)

I saw an advertisement on Discovery for the Disney travel shows, but I don't have the travel and adventure channel. I've seen Disney parks on advertising for a number of shows on T&E channel - they did a special on great hotels and included the Grand Californian.

We stayed at the Best Western Park Place Inn on Harbor Blvd - it is the hotel at the traffic lights, right across the road from the park entry. It was quiet and clean, which is all we cared about as we only used the room to sleep. They include breakfast at the little restaurant next door which consisted of Kellogs cereal, muffins etc, with OJ and tea/coffee - normal stuff...We'll probably stay there again next time.

My sister went to Disneyland Paris at Christmas a couple of years ago - she absolutely loved it - she hated seeing my holiday photos, they brought back all those good memories for her! I'd love to take in a Christmas one day...just got to find the time to squeeze it all in!

KeithS

kuchnie Czeladź

Return to “Down Under Disneyana News”