Down Under Disneyana Australian Disney Forum-Down Under Disneyana – Australia's premiere Disney fan site

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the Register link to proceed.

Hello

Keep up to date with the latest club news
Wendy
A Ticket
A Ticket

Hello

Postby Wendy » Tue Oct 17, 2006 4:30 pm

Hi Everybody.

I have finally become a member of this site after hearing so much about this club from Wayne & Jennifer, who my husband and I have known for many years.

We have not been able to attend a club meeting as yet. Hope to attend one soon.

We have never been to a Disney park, however we are planning to take our children in 2008. I know that must sound a long way off, but part of the fun is planning for a holiday. Especially a Disney holiday.

Could you please give me some feed back as to what Club members feel would be the best Disney park to see for first time Disney Park travelers with young children, ages 8 and almost 4.

The children are wanting to see certain attractions, such as Bear in the Big Blue House, Stitch Encounter, Jungle Cruise, Peter Pan ride.

I asked Wayne if he thought Disney World was too far to travel with children and his response was, “It’s only a hop, skip and a jump from LA”.
But then how much can I take of “Are we there yet Mum?”.

I have enjoyed reading the Reports for each of the Parks.

Looking forward to your responses.

Wendy & Ashley
(Newest Club Members)
Wendy

sandie
Annual Pass
Annual Pass

Postby sandie » Tue Oct 17, 2006 10:22 pm

Hi Wendy, our kids have been to both DL and WDW. Our most recent trip to both they were 7 and 5. I can tell you they were happier and easier to handle at WDW!

Yes its bigger, yes its further away but if you stay onsite they have a hotel to relax in and whilst you will be busy and they may get a bit overloaded the transportation, the quiet resorts, the avoiding the traffic and noise from harbour blvde (outside DL) and the more relaxing atmosphere made for a happier holiday. If you want to split up it is easier with the Disney transport - lots of days we split for 1/2 a day and take one kid each. (Ok, lots of time we split andm y husband takes both kids - but lets face it we really are at WDW for me not them! :wink: )

Next year we are only going to WDW and we can't wait!!!!! There is also so much more offered in Orlando that they will love -check out Discovery Cove- http://www.discoverycove.com and Seaworld, NASA is always a hit and the air seems so much cleaner in Orlando than LA.

Thats my family's opinion anyway! Can I also suggest you go online and buy them WDW for kids by kids (or Disneyland for kids by kids if thats the way you decide to go) - its a great guidebook to get them ready.

Sandie

churros
Annual Pass
Annual Pass

Postby churros » Thu Oct 18, 2007 11:13 pm

Hi Wendy and Ashley
Having only been to 2 meetings I am still a newbie and was very uncertain about taking that first step and so brought my sister along for security. But we have both really enjoyed ourselves and are certainly intending to come to the Haunted Mansion night so I hope to see you there too.

If you are worried about the travelling with young children and are not sure about the whole experience, you may want to consider Hong Kong Disneyland as it is a whole lot closer and overall less expensive. Yes it is a small park but your kids won't know that and they will still have a ball. They get to meet the characters, do the rides and stay in a Disney resort.

kuchnie Czeladź

Return to “Down Under Disneyana News”