Down Under Disneyana Australian Disney Forum-Down Under Disneyana – Australia's premiere Disney fan site

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the Register link to proceed.

Disney-partnership or partnership-Disney?

Keep up to date with the latest club news
calisota
Annual Pass
Annual Pass

Disney-partnership or partnership-Disney?

Postby calisota » Fri Oct 13, 2006 3:54 pm

It was the introduction post by our newest member Mel that got me wondering this.

There seem to be so many partnerships here where Disney is a major thing that the two people have in common. In how many cases did the two people meet through something Disney, how many where the two had a separate Disney interest before meeting and in how many cases did one partner infect the other?

Greg
Chiang Mai Pickleball Club Play Pickleball in paradise

Mel
Annual Pass
Annual Pass

Postby Mel » Fri Oct 13, 2006 4:04 pm

Wow, inspiring a thread on my first day - I feel special :wink: :lol:

My husband and I met in Europe without any Disney involvement at all. He knew I was a Disney nut though because I was heading home by myself via Disneyland Paris. (I'm also a mad Sydney Swans fan and made that well-known too).

I think he got a bit worried when he saw my somewhat modest (at the time) DVD 'collection' though and realised they were all Disney. In 2003 - a year after we met - I introduced him to 'my' Disneyland, where he proposed to me at the Blue Bayou :D We went back to DL last year to belatedly celebrate our first anniversary, and went to Tokyo DL this year.

He's now almost as bad as I am. Doesn't watch Cinderella over and over like some people ( :oops: ), but has agreed to watch every animated classic at least once. At the parks HE's the one planning out the day, using FastPasses and marking off the map. He's also the best at spotting characters and is always happy to have his photo with them :) And he's already planning our as yet unarrived kids' first trip to Disney!

It was also mostly his idea to do up our baby's nursery in a Lilo and Stitch theme. How can I NOT love this man?

KeithS
Annual Pass
Annual Pass

Postby KeithS » Fri Oct 13, 2006 4:44 pm

Nice thread Greg.

Della and I were both Disney fans before we met at work. We worked together for two years before we actually went out - and that was because we both wanted to see Toy Story 2 and didn't have anyone else to go with, so we arranged to meet at a cinema one weekend - and the rest is history.

She is the planner in our relationship - marking attractions off the map, setting what park we visit on what day etc, but with considerable consultation with myself. We are both big fans and share the character autograph opprtunities (I speak to the Princesses, and she does the fluffy characters! It is the perfect arrangement!)

We both love the rides, although I'm more of a fan of wet rides than she is, but she still does them (and always gets far wetter than me for some reason!)

All in all, it is a good partnership :D
Keith

Trip history:
DLR: 2005, 06, 09, 11, 12, 13, 15, 18
DLRP: 2006
HKDL: 2006 (Mar & Sept), 11 (Apr & Dec), 14, 19
SDR: 2017
TDR: 2008, 10, 17
WDW: 2006, 13 (Mar & Sept), 16, 19
DCL: 2013, 15 (Alaska & Hawaii), 18
Aulani: 2015

sandie
Annual Pass
Annual Pass

Postby sandie » Sat Oct 14, 2006 7:56 am

My turn - about 4months after we started going out ( along long time ago - in a galaxy far far away) I made my first visit to Disneyland with my father and brother. Its had always been my fathers dream to take his kids to Disneyland. I went with a vague idea that it would be like Dreamworld.

We were there for 10 days and each had 4 day passes. After the first day the other two had enough but not me - by using their passes i was able to spend every day in Disneyland!!!!!!!

When I got back it was all i talked about and as Peter had a love of American cars we decided we would go back in 5 years (1994). Somewhere in between the two trips I had read about Disneyworld so we decided to gothere. We went for 3 weeks and spent 1 week in Hawaii on the way home.

He loved it whilst he was there and when he spoke with me afterwards he would say Disney was the best place in theworld but in front ofother people he would just say it was nice togoon a holiday to where I was happy. Incidently we got married whilst we were there. Part of our marriage vow was that we wouldgo back every 5 years (Being a male he has forgotten this and I have him convinced it was every 4 years and because he can't count I can make it every 3 and 1/2 years!)

After the birth of our second child I had a bit of post natal depression. I had suffered the samewith our daughter and in fact it had been much worse the first time around. I think he was woried about that and said we should take the kids to WDW. This was to get my mind off the other stuff.

So off went again for 2 weeks with a 3 year old and an 11 month old. As we were basically poor we had to stay off site. Whilst this trip was fun it brought home a few home truths - I was never going again if I had to stay off site and babies don't get jet lag - they just stay awake all night and sleep all day! After this trip peter was still not esposing Disney but if someone else was going he would get all excited.

As soon as we returned I started planning a big trip (if you know me you know I can anally l can for four years in advance). In 2003 we headed off again this time we were gone for 7 weeks with the first 10 days at Disneyland and the last 3 weeks at WDW. This was the trip that changed him. Maybe it was because thekids were older,maybe it was because we had a bit more money so we could do more stuff or maybe it was just because he looked around and realised most americans look worse in their swimmers than he looks in his! Whatever it was as soon as we got home it was when are we going again?

In 2005 he imported a car from the States. It hardly seemedfair that he was spending over $25,000 on a car and I wasgetting nothing -so I went with my best friend to Disneylandforaweek. Peter looked so sad at the airport. My Mum thought it was because i was dumping him with the kids -but it wasn't. He wanted to come too! (Ok maybe it was a little bit to do with the kids!)

We are in serious planning for our tripnext year andalthough he doesn't participate in the planning ("thats a girl thing!") everynight he wakes me up when he comes to bed and just wants to talk about it for an hour.

Wow what along post -in summary -I guess I converted him! :lol:

kuchnie Czeladź

Return to “Down Under Disneyana News”