Down Under Disneyana Australian Disney Forum-Down Under Disneyana – Australia's premiere Disney fan site

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the Register link to proceed.

Hi from another newbie

Keep up to date with the latest club news
bigam
A Ticket
A Ticket

Hi from another newbie

Postby bigam » Sat Oct 24, 2009 9:04 pm

Hi everyone.
Just thought I'd introduce myself. I've longed to go to Disneyland since I used to see the Disney hour TV programmes on Sunday evenings when I was a kid. Always thought the teacup and Dumbo rides looked wonderful.
In 2005 i took my boys (and hubby) to Paris and had an absolutely fantastic day in EuroDisney and always regretted having a such a short time.
Lately I'd started to get a "thing" about going to Disneyland with the boys before for a happy family time before they enter their final school years and all t he stresses and changes that brings. i joined yesterday morning thinking I could pick up some tips etc about cheap packages and discounts etc.
One hour after I'd sent in an application for membership form, I won a trip to Disneyland in California!
So I'm one very excited person with a very excited family!

sandie
Annual Pass
Annual Pass

Re: Hi from another newbie

Postby sandie » Sun Oct 25, 2009 8:27 am

Wow that's amazing ! is the trip on the Virgin Disney trip?

And welcome

Sandie

churros
Annual Pass
Annual Pass

Postby churros » Sun Oct 25, 2009 8:30 am

Welcome bigam! Kismet! Clearly you were meant to go to Disneyland as we are all! I hope your luck rubs off on the rest of us. Tell us all the details - we live vicariously on this forum.

KeithS
Annual Pass
Annual Pass

Postby KeithS » Sun Oct 25, 2009 9:55 am

One hour after I'd sent in an application for membership form, I won a trip to Disneyland in California!
Wow! That is an incredible story! We are so happy for you!

(Deserves a jumping Mickey! -/ )

We were all hoping that someone from here would win a trip - now you'll have to hang around and tell us all about it!

And you came to the right place for tips about visiting - if you need to know anything at all or have any uncertainties - we are all hear to help!
Keith

Trip history:
DLR: 2005, 06, 09, 11, 12, 13, 15, 18
DLRP: 2006
HKDL: 2006 (Mar & Sept), 11 (Apr & Dec), 14, 19
SDR: 2017
TDR: 2008, 10, 17
WDW: 2006, 13 (Mar & Sept), 16, 19
DCL: 2013, 15 (Alaska & Hawaii), 18
Aulani: 2015

mushu mama
Annual Pass
Annual Pass

Postby mushu mama » Sun Oct 25, 2009 10:24 am

Wow... thats incredible... and absolutely brilliant. -/

And Welcome to our little patch of Disney... :D

Would love to hear about the trip you won .

Lisa. */
1999- Tokyo DL, 2008- DLR/Cal Adventure, 2012-DLR/Cal Adventure, 2013-Tokyo DLand/Sea, 2014-DLR/Cal Adventure, 2015- Paris DL, 2016 - WDW/Disneycruise , upcoming - May 2018 - HongKong DL

Mel
Annual Pass
Annual Pass

Postby Mel » Sun Oct 25, 2009 12:18 pm

OMG what an amazing story! Clearly you were meant to find us here and meant to win that trip!

Is the the Magical Journey trip? I can't wait to hear more :)
The Big Trip: DL, WDW and Disney cruise 2016

bigam
A Ticket
A Ticket

Postby bigam » Mon Oct 26, 2009 8:06 am

Yes it is the Magical Disney trip on Virgin Australia!
It was a radio comp where one person each day had to identify a Disney character from a really short segment. At the end of the week, one winner would be chosen from the 5 daily winners so 1 in 5 chance of winning was pretty good odds! I tried but could never ring through and when I joined on Friday, the final person had already been selected - I thought. I tuned in to hear the winner announced but instead they announced one more opportunity to enter and i knew straight away it was Wall.E and got shock when I got through. 20 minutes later the 5 of us daily winners were waiting for someone to be randomly selected and it was me.
I was thrilled to bits!!!!!!!!!!!!

So my biggest tip I need to have is how much food money should I expect to spend each day for family of 4 with one ravenous 15 year old! We're there for 5 nights and so far apart from flights and accomodation and 5 day pass, i have no other details about the prize just yet! I think we each get Mickey Mouse ears too!

makeminemusic
A Ticket
A Ticket

Postby makeminemusic » Tue Oct 27, 2009 3:34 pm

Wow! Congratulations!! Have fun with all the planning. You will love the Original park!! -/

kuchnie Czeladź

Return to “Down Under Disneyana News”