Down Under Disneyana Australian Disney Forum-Down Under Disneyana – Australia's premiere Disney fan site

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the Register link to proceed.

Greetings from Washington state

Keep up to date with the latest club news
makeminemusic
A Ticket
A Ticket

Greetings from Washington state

Postby makeminemusic » Fri Oct 02, 2009 11:15 pm

Hello from the other Washington! The west coast one :wink: I found your site while rebuilding our Disneyana club site. Seems we are using the same company for free website templates. Glad to meet other Disney fans! Read that a few of you were at D23. Missed that this year, althought we had several of our club members there and they have raved about it. Hope I can make it next year.

Ok, so now I am curious. Whick parks do you guys frequent most?? You are closer to HKDL and TDL. I envy you there.

I would love to get to Austrailia again. I visited Perth on the west coast while I was in the US Navy back in the 1980s. Beuatiful area! Want to see the other side.

TTFN,

Ken
http://www.mountainears.org

BrizMarc
C Ticket
C Ticket

Re: Greetings from Washington state

Postby BrizMarc » Sat Oct 03, 2009 8:28 am

Heya, Welcome to the boards, I think you will find most Aussies go to Disneyland California more than anything. Flights are pretty reasonable these days and the USA exchange rate is pretty good. Hope you stick around here. cya -/

makeminemusic
A Ticket
A Ticket

Postby makeminemusic » Sat Oct 03, 2009 1:07 pm

Hey thanks for the welcome!! Interesting about most of Aussies coming to Disneyland. I was done there in July for the NFFC convention. Probobly not make it back till next year sometime. We are going to WDW in December though! :D

I grew up in San Diego and had my first trip to DL in 1963. No place like the original -/

churros
Annual Pass
Annual Pass

Postby churros » Sat Oct 03, 2009 5:20 pm

G'day and welcome! -/

Because it is a long way to travel anywhere we are quite resigned to long flights so money willing we happily travel to any parks, cruises etc If there is Disney at the end we will go! And those of us who can't go quite as often as we like live vicariously through the forum and regular club meetings!

mushu mama
Annual Pass
Annual Pass

Postby mushu mama » Sat Oct 03, 2009 6:48 pm

Welcome aboard Ken :D

Yep, there is something special about the original. Some of our members have visited all the parks and others of us are still working on our tally :)
Like Beth said, almost everywhere we travel from here involves a long flight and for some of us, that is also a big ( and fun) part of the trip. And of course, there is nothing quite like walking through those magical gates is there :wink:

Had a bit of a wander through the Mountainears site and you have some fun features. I especially like the idea of live streaming of your meetings... wonder if thats doable here ( any thoughts Keith?) cos I'm way up in QLD and its proving difficult to get to Sydney to the meetings this year. I'd love to be there cyberly.

Jump into any of the threads, happy to have another Disney addict amongst us.

Lisa. */
1999- Tokyo DL, 2008- DLR/Cal Adventure, 2012-DLR/Cal Adventure, 2013-Tokyo DLand/Sea, 2014-DLR/Cal Adventure, 2015- Paris DL, 2016 - WDW/Disneycruise , upcoming - May 2018 - HongKong DL

makeminemusic
A Ticket
A Ticket

Postby makeminemusic » Sun Oct 04, 2009 3:18 am

Hi Lisa,

http://www.ustream.com is what we use to stream broadcast. I found an extension to put it on our website. As long as you have wireless access and a webcam on a pc/laptop you can do this from wherever you are.

Also, I just put a guestbook on our club site. Drop by and say hi if you get a chance. I am sure our members would love to hear from you! :D

Ken

KeithS
Annual Pass
Annual Pass

Postby KeithS » Sun Oct 04, 2009 9:31 am

Hi Ken, and welcome! I see you are going to cause me some work as our interstate people are now going to harass me about the live streaming! :D

I was one of the lucky folk who got to travel to the D23 Expo this year - it is a shame you were not able to go, but I'm sure you've heard or read all the great stories about the presentations by now!

Yep - as the others have said, because we have to fly such long distances to get ANYWHERE from here, there is no real preference as to which parks we go to - although the Disneyland Resort is generally the most popular. We do have members who travel almost exclusively to Tokyo, and others who spend all their time in WDW. I guess Paris is the least favoured destination due to the expense in getting to Europe. Tokyo is a particularly good destination for us as it is almost on the same time zone as Sydney - so no jetlag, the flights are very cheap, and it is an amazing resort - but nothing beats visiting the original Disneyland!

Glad you were able to find us, and I'm sure if any of us begin planning a trip to the Pacific Northwest - we'll be dropping you a line!
Keith

Trip history:
DLR: 2005, 06, 09, 11, 12, 13, 15, 18
DLRP: 2006
HKDL: 2006 (Mar & Sept), 11 (Apr & Dec), 14, 19
SDR: 2017
TDR: 2008, 10, 17
WDW: 2006, 13 (Mar & Sept), 16, 19
DCL: 2013, 15 (Alaska & Hawaii), 18
Aulani: 2015

mushu mama
Annual Pass
Annual Pass

Postby mushu mama » Sun Oct 04, 2009 6:00 pm

Hi Ken, and welcome! I see you are going to cause me some work as our interstate people are now going to harass me about the live streaming! :D

:lol: :lol:

Got it in one Keith.... -/

I want to see what weird get ups you all turn up in at the halloween dress up night.... -/ -/

Not going to make it at this stage - Zach has been nominated for Trainee of the year so I will be attending the Award Ceremony with him on the Friday ( unless there are cheaper than cheap flights on offer between now and then - which I am still looking out for)

Lisa. */
1999- Tokyo DL, 2008- DLR/Cal Adventure, 2012-DLR/Cal Adventure, 2013-Tokyo DLand/Sea, 2014-DLR/Cal Adventure, 2015- Paris DL, 2016 - WDW/Disneycruise , upcoming - May 2018 - HongKong DL

mushu mama
Annual Pass
Annual Pass

Postby mushu mama » Sun Oct 04, 2009 6:19 pm

Also, I just put a guestbook on our club site. Drop by and say hi if you get a chance. I am sure our members would love to hear from you! :D

Ken
I will, thanks. :D

Lisa. */

churros
Annual Pass
Annual Pass

Postby churros » Mon Oct 05, 2009 6:20 am

Not going to make it at this stage - Zach has been nominated for Trainee of the year so I will be attending the Award Ceremony with him on the Friday
Congrats! I got to attend the NSW Training Awards at Darling Harbour Ballroom a few weeks a go as one of my students was a finalist for Vocational Student of the year and won! Now we go onto the Nationals in Canberra. Maybe I'll see you there.

mushu mama
Annual Pass
Annual Pass

Postby mushu mama » Mon Oct 05, 2009 7:59 am

Wow... thats fantastic Beth. I didn't know much about the whole thing just yet, other than his boss nominated him and its costing me $80 a head for the three of us to go. :wink: Oh.... and I might need some new shoes? thats decidedly possible!

He's pretty excited about it, and this last week was also officially told he will be apprenticed to Mercedes from December onwards( rather than the traineeship situation he's currently employed under) so that means he can work for Mercedes anywhere in the world when he's done... he's already talking about the States and Germany. Do they have a racing team? wouldn't surprise me if that were on his mind as well. :wink:

I think he has to go to Sydney for a two week block to work at Mercedes there every year as well.

Its kind of scary when they start being grown ups.

Lisa. */

makeminemusic
A Ticket
A Ticket

Postby makeminemusic » Mon Oct 05, 2009 11:00 pm

I want to see what weird get ups you all turn up in at the halloween dress up night.... -/ -/
Lisa. */
We will have to post pictures on both sites and vote for best costume, lol 8)

makeminemusic
A Ticket
A Ticket

Postby makeminemusic » Sun Apr 18, 2010 3:42 am

Greetings! How are you all doing down under? -/

Just posted our club newsletter for Mar-Apr to the club website

Meeting tomorrow at one our new members place. Pictures will be posted. :D

Ken
www.mountainears.org

KeithS
Annual Pass
Annual Pass

Postby KeithS » Sun Apr 18, 2010 9:32 pm

Greetings! How are you all doing down under? -/
Hi Ken - welcome back. Hope all is well up there in Washington.

Looking forward to seeing your meeting photos. Say hello to everyone at the MountainEars for us!

We are about to hold our 100th club meeting in May - having formed in 1993. Should be a good nostalgic look back on the history of Down Under Disneyana!

Your newsletter look great - I think it is time we resurrected our own club newsletter...

See you around!
Keith

Trip history:

KeithS
Annual Pass
Annual Pass

Postby KeithS » Mon Apr 19, 2010 7:55 pm

Hey everyone - our friends over at the MountainEars have posted the photos of their most recent meeting. Go check them out here:

http://englepj.smugmug.com/Hobbies/2010 ... 8054_wk2nV

Ken - that is some pretty amazing Lego that your members have built! Thanks for share your club photos! I keep forgetting to take a camera to our meetings - luckily Beth had her iPhone at the last one :)
Keith

Trip history:

kuchnie Czeladź

Return to “Down Under Disneyana News”