Down Under Disneyana Australian Disney Forum-Down Under Disneyana – Australia's premiere Disney fan site

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the Register link to proceed.

Trip questions from the Associated Press editor!

Keep up to date with the latest club news
bharpaz
A Ticket
A Ticket

Trip questions from the Associated Press editor!

Postby bharpaz » Tue Oct 03, 2006 4:43 am

Hi there, this is the editor of the Associated Press article. There has been a lot of interest in the story - some newspaper editors were waiting for the trip to be completed before running the story.
Can anyone can confirm that the group made it to all of their destinations and that they are all safe and sound? Are they home in Australia yet?
Can I get one quote from a participant that kind of sums it all up? I will run a brief story on the AP wire just to let readers know that the trip has concluded.
Was there any consensus on which park is the "best" or did opinions vary?
And finally, any talk of other Aussie groups undertaking the same trip?
It's such a terrific adventure!

calisota
Annual Pass
Annual Pass

Postby calisota » Tue Oct 03, 2006 2:20 pm

Hi Beth,

I don't think they make it back to Australia till a bit later in the week but hopefully a few of them will be getting on here to let us all know how they got on.

They must have been having a great time because we've only had a couple of brief messages between roller coaster rides. :D

Greg
Chiang Mai Pickleball Club Play Pickleball in paradise

KeithS
Annual Pass
Annual Pass

Postby KeithS » Thu Oct 05, 2006 12:30 pm

Hello Beth, we are all still here in Anaheim having a wonderful time.

We leave the US this weekend and will be back home on Monday morning Sydney time.

We are going to get together to discuss some of the "best ofs" - we all have varied opinions on these things, but to me personally - I still love Disneyland in Anaheim - it is the only park where you walk in Walt's footsteps and it has a different vibe to all the other parks.

We'll be in touch early next week with a more detailed response!

And by the way - we are all safe and sound - although our wallets are a lot lighter, and our suitcases much heavier!
Keith

Trip history:
DLR: 2005, 06, 09, 11, 12, 13, 15, 18
DLRP: 2006
HKDL: 2006 (Mar & Sept), 11 (Apr & Dec), 14, 19
SDR: 2017
TDR: 2008, 10, 17
WDW: 2006, 13 (Mar & Sept), 16, 19
DCL: 2013, 15 (Alaska & Hawaii), 18
Aulani: 2015

WayneG
B Ticket
B Ticket

Park trip update

Postby WayneG » Wed Oct 11, 2006 6:21 pm

Beth,

Just to let you know we all got home OK and are now recovering from Jetlag. We had an amazing time and we are currently putting together a detailed trip report. I will put together a brief summary for you. Watch this space tomorrow.

Regards

Wayne

WayneG
B Ticket
B Ticket

Beth Brief Trip sum up

Postby WayneG » Thu Oct 12, 2006 5:31 pm

Beth,

Sum up of the trip.

We all had an amazing time visiting the Disney parks around the world. We met some great Disney cast members and stumbled across some Disney events that made the trip even more memorable. They included a cast member who took us on a wonderful walking tour of The Walt Disney Studios in Burbank. (It's not open to the public). In Paris we where there for the opening week of the Walt Disney Exposition in the Grand Palais in Paris. This amazing exhibition inlcuded early Original Disney animation art and the original Euopean artwork that inspired it. Some of the groups top 3 highlights inlcuded: The Walt Disney Studios Tour
Mickey's Not So Scary Halloweeen Party - at the Magic Kingdom Walt Disney World
Walt Disney World - for the 1st time
Disneyland Paris
Tokyo Disney Sea

Consensus on the best park

Consenus on the best park varies because of the differences between each one. Some in the group still consider Disneyland because it is the only park that Walt Disney walked around in. While for sheer amazement to walk around and look at is Disneyland Paris and Tokyo Disney Sea. When we discussed this we also discussed the whole resort the parks were set in and we thought Hong Kong Disneyland and Walt Disney World were the nicest from a whole resort sense with beautiful trees, gardens and landscaping. Both felt like you were in a resort. Disneyland Paris Resort has tended to become quite built up and only fields around it while Tokyo Disney Resort and Disneyland Resort have cities and suburbs around them. Not that they aren't great parks if you want a whole resort feel we felt Hong Kong Disneyland and Walt Disney World won on this score.

Other Aussie Groups doing the same trip?

We have not heard of other groups wanting to do the trip but we have only just come back and so people have to bear about the trip and how to do it. I would expect another trip to be done in the not to distant future.
The next club trip will be to the Tokyo Disney Resort for thier 25th Anniversary in April 2008.

Regards

Wayne

kuchnie Czeladź

Return to “Down Under Disneyana News”