Down Under Disneyana Australian Disney Forum-Down Under Disneyana – Australia's premiere Disney fan site

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the Register link to proceed.

Twitter

Keep up to date with the latest club news
calisota
Annual Pass
Annual Pass

Twitter

Postby calisota » Wed Apr 15, 2009 5:41 am

Hi guys.

I have set up a DUD twitter account. For the moment I figure on just tweeting the news headlines as I post them so that you can see instantly if there is something you might want to read about in more detail. I'll have to give a bit of thought to more uses for it.

It's @dudisney

If anyone has any ideas what else it could be used for then please let me know.

Greg
Chiang Mai Pickleball Club Play Pickleball in paradise

ajp
Annual Pass
Annual Pass

Re: Twitter

Postby ajp » Wed Apr 15, 2009 7:50 am

Thanks Greg. I've always wondered about Twitter and never delved into it. Now I have a reason.
2023 Disneyland, Walt Disney World, Disney Cruise Lines - Disney Wish. Going to be awesome to be back!

calisota
Annual Pass
Annual Pass

Postby calisota » Wed Apr 15, 2009 8:14 am

It seems that the best way for you to find it is to go to http://twitter.com/dudisney

They are having problems with their search function and we are not appearing there yet.

Greg

churros
Annual Pass
Annual Pass

Postby churros » Sun Apr 19, 2009 4:50 pm

I joined and got this message:
"We currently don't support sending SMS notifications to this number. You may still verify your phone and update Twitter, but we won't deliver to your phone. "

calisota
Annual Pass
Annual Pass

Postby calisota » Mon Apr 20, 2009 7:24 am

I found this on the twitter site:

"Folks using international numbers: once your phone is verified, you'll be able to send but not receive updates from Twitter. "

Looks like you can only receive tweets on your phone if you are in the States. :(

Greg

churros
Annual Pass
Annual Pass

Postby churros » Mon Apr 20, 2009 9:47 am

I was aware that quite a few Disney online communities use twitter and I had wonder if I followed them whether my mobile would be twittering all night due to the time difference. :wink:

churros
Annual Pass
Annual Pass

Postby churros » Sat Mar 20, 2010 12:50 pm

I'd like to fire this baby up - is Greg the only twitter master? If someone else knows the log in can I be included and I'll tweet away! I guess I'm asking Keith - I'll probably see you tonight anyway.

KeithS
Annual Pass
Annual Pass

Postby KeithS » Sun Mar 21, 2010 8:53 am

Hiya - I've got very limited access to the website and tools here. Since we upgraded the website software after the hack in 2008 ($%&@$%@ hackers...) I have full forum rights and can edit the home page main text but that's it - I don't even have access to the front page news articles, hence why I haven't updated them. We'll need to wait for Greg to return next month - his South Africa leg must just about be complete - I guess we can expect some bragging from him in Paris any day soon!
Keith

Trip history:
DLR: 2005, 06, 09, 11, 12, 13, 15, 18
DLRP: 2006
HKDL: 2006 (Mar & Sept), 11 (Apr & Dec), 14, 19
SDR: 2017
TDR: 2008, 10, 17
WDW: 2006, 13 (Mar & Sept), 16, 19
DCL: 2013, 15 (Alaska & Hawaii), 18
Aulani: 2015

calisota
Annual Pass
Annual Pass

Postby calisota » Wed Jul 28, 2010 9:58 am

I'm posting news on the website again, now that I'm back for a while, and also tweeting the headlines so that you can know when there is something new and head to the site to read the full article. I was getting positive feedback from people who were following me while I was travelling so I'm becoming a bit of a fan of this.

Once you have signed up for an account you can follow the feed at http://twitter.com/dudisney

You can also send and receive on your mobile phone now but only if it's a Telstra one. If anyone has any questions or needs a hand signing up I can post instructions here.

mushu mama
Annual Pass
Annual Pass

Postby mushu mama » Wed Jul 28, 2010 6:13 pm

How come you can only retweet or follow if you are on Telstra? :?
1999- Tokyo DL, 2008- DLR/Cal Adventure, 2012-DLR/Cal Adventure, 2013-Tokyo DLand/Sea, 2014-DLR/Cal Adventure, 2015- Paris DL, 2016 - WDW/Disneycruise , upcoming - May 2018 - HongKong DL

calisota
Annual Pass
Annual Pass

Postby calisota » Wed Jul 28, 2010 6:21 pm

How come you can only retweet or follow if you are on Telstra? :?
Don't know but they are the only telco in Aus that you can do it with.

Greg

mushu mama
Annual Pass
Annual Pass

Postby mushu mama » Wed Jul 28, 2010 6:41 pm

I twitter and I'm not on telstra, so curiosity got the best of me and I am now following the DUD updates ( just checked and it works no probs) and also have the retweet option from both my laptop and iphone, also not on telstra.

Or did you mean other US Disney based twitter accounts maybe? I follow several Disney-ized accounts coming out of the US with no problems either.

Curiouser and Curiouser. :D
1999- Tokyo DL, 2008- DLR/Cal Adventure, 2012-DLR/Cal Adventure, 2013-Tokyo DLand/Sea, 2014-DLR/Cal Adventure, 2015- Paris DL, 2016 - WDW/Disneycruise , upcoming - May 2018 - HongKong DL

calisota
Annual Pass
Annual Pass

Postby calisota » Wed Jul 28, 2010 6:46 pm

I twitter and I'm not on telstra. I'm following the DUD updates ( just checked and it works no probs) and also have the retweet option from both my laptop and iphone, also not on telstra.

Or did you mean other US Disney based twitter accounts maybe? I follow several Disney-ized accounts coming out of the US with no problems either.

Was just curious thats all.
No you can do all that through your computer or iphone...it's only if you want to send tweets by sms from an ordinary mobile or to receive tweets as text messages on your ordinary mobile.

While I was travelling I was sending tweets using my mobile and it was exactly the same as sending a text message, only to a "twitter" phone number.

Otherwise you just get them as normal on your computer.

Greg

mushu mama
Annual Pass
Annual Pass

Postby mushu mama » Wed Jul 28, 2010 6:57 pm

oh ... ok...

I just hit the twitter app on my not ordinary phone.

calisota
Annual Pass
Annual Pass

Postby calisota » Wed Aug 04, 2010 5:41 pm

Wow, I just got a message saying that our twitter feed is being followed by @Disneystore . It turns out to be the genuine Disneystore!

Greg

kuchnie Czeladź

Return to “Down Under Disneyana News”