Down Under Disneyana Australian Disney Forum-Down Under Disneyana – Australia's premiere Disney fan site

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the Register link to proceed.

Live Chat (just a little xmas gift from me)

Keep up to date with the latest club news
alice in wonderland
C Ticket
C Ticket

Re: Live Chat (just a little xmas gift from me)

Postby alice in wonderland » Thu Feb 05, 2009 1:15 am

sorry about last night....i got booted off and it wouldnt let me log back on after a few attempts...

how did the scores end up?

thanks for a great set of questions Lisa!!
I have no holidays planned to disney for a while....how depressing...i will just have to live through all your adventures!

calisota
Annual Pass
Annual Pass

Postby calisota » Thu Feb 05, 2009 6:50 am

I've been busy upgrading the software and ...hopefully... have solved the flood problem. Now you should be able to post as fast as your little fingers can manage. Of course it won't be as funny.

Also, if you ever find you can't log back in because you lost your connection or something, try a different user name.

Greg
Chiang Mai Pickleball Club Play Pickleball in paradise

mushu mama
Annual Pass
Annual Pass

Postby mushu mama » Thu Feb 05, 2009 7:54 am

Of course it won't be as funny.Greg
only the first dozen times were funny :? interesting how it was gender specific though.... :roll:
And I kept missing great chunks of conversation while I tried to reconnect to the internet and then log back in as yet another alter ego. :evil: frustrating doesnt even cover it.

Thanks everyone for your patience with my escalating connectivity issues last night. Jess, considering it was Murrays birthday and you have a tiny cherub to tend it was great to have you on board last night.

I'll just paint you a tiny picture of the mayhem going on in the background of my computer issues.

its time to start the quiz so of course, that is when my daughter and her father decide to get into it on the phone. Shortened version goes something like this 'your mother is the root of all evil'. Daughter is not well... therefore having none of that so leaps to my defence with gusto. Son joins the fray (heavily influenced by post-dumping 'my mother is the only woman that loves me' mode) and war erupts via telstra. Lasts well past the duration of the quiz.
meanwhile, Lisa trying to remain focused on the fact that the high priestess is apparently wrong at record levels. :D
Drugs for excruciating tooth ache barely taking the edge off.
Father declared by all a few things that would require last nights naughty word marks.
Days of Our Lives writers need look no further... I am their ultimate source. :roll:

ok (end of whinge session) :D

Think perhaps until I am able to sort my wavering connection issues, I'll just concentrate on reining in Keiths formidable leader board stance and just answer questions.
Who's God next? was it Sandie?

I'll post the questions later today sometime.

Lisa. -/
1999- Tokyo DL, 2008- DLR/Cal Adventure, 2012-DLR/Cal Adventure, 2013-Tokyo DLand/Sea, 2014-DLR/Cal Adventure, 2015- Paris DL, 2016 - WDW/Disneycruise , upcoming - May 2018 - HongKong DL

KeithS
Annual Pass
Annual Pass

Postby KeithS » Thu Feb 05, 2009 7:55 am

Thanks for the questions Lisa! And for your persistant, but humourous dropouts :) Looks like Greg has the problem fixed for next week.

(Wow - just read your newly posted message above - seems like you had MUCH more to contend with than just the drop outs! You are to be commended for your ongoing commitment to the game last night!!)

Now, I'm just waiting to hear what excuses Sandie and Beth have for not turning up... :P
Keith

Trip history:
DLR: 2005, 06, 09, 11, 12, 13, 15, 18
DLRP: 2006
HKDL: 2006 (Mar & Sept), 11 (Apr & Dec), 14, 19
SDR: 2017
TDR: 2008, 10, 17
WDW: 2006, 13 (Mar & Sept), 16, 19
DCL: 2013, 15 (Alaska & Hawaii), 18
Aulani: 2015

ajp
Annual Pass
Annual Pass

Postby ajp » Thu Feb 05, 2009 8:06 am

It's time like that where video gaming is a must. That sounds like it was a time and half in your place Lisa. The dropouts were many, and as you rightly said Lisa, gender specific as well. Does that mean that men can't type or just don't have as much to say? :?

You're questions were very well thought out and very challenging, well done. Although not having any clue as to the answers of 95% of them might assume I didn't enjoy it, but when we staretd to talk about Thunderbirds and 24, I was a little happier :lol:

I think Sandie was next, which means that I'm after Sandie. Coming off a run of Jess, Lisa and Sandie is going to be a hard task to back up with difficult and challenging questions, but I reckon I'm up to it. :wink:

Again thanks and well done Lisa.

There was one thing that I considered last night. Ever since these weekly catch ups, the traffic on these boards appears to have reduced considerably. It may just be a perception, but it does seem that way. Anyone else notice that?
2023 Disneyland, Walt Disney World, Disney Cruise Lines - Disney Wish. Going to be awesome to be back!

sandie
Annual Pass
Annual Pass

Postby sandie » Fri Feb 06, 2009 12:10 pm

I don't think I can be god for a few weeks - i am a bit addicted to exercise at the moment and don't get home until 8.30 and then have to do all the mum stuff

anyone want to leap frog me?

calisota
Annual Pass
Annual Pass

Postby calisota » Fri Feb 06, 2009 12:51 pm

There was one thing that I considered last night. Ever since these weekly catch ups, the traffic on these boards appears to have reduced considerably. It may just be a perception, but it does seem that way. Anyone else notice that?
Should we perhaps make the quiz night a monthly thing? Say on the first Wednesday of each month? That would give the person playing god time to find questions and make it a little more special.

Greg

ajp
Annual Pass
Annual Pass

Postby ajp » Fri Feb 06, 2009 2:29 pm

Greg, I was thinking the same thing after last week. Making them shorter would be the other option, but the length is good, it'll be better in winter when Qld is back on real time. I don't mind the monthly suggestion at all.
2023 Disneyland, Walt Disney World, Disney Cruise Lines - Disney Wish. Going to be awesome to be back!

KeithS
Annual Pass
Annual Pass

Postby KeithS » Fri Feb 06, 2009 6:02 pm

There was one thing that I considered last night.
Yep - that works well for me too - then we can clear our calendars and make ourselves available.
Keith

Trip history:
Aulani: 2015

ajp
Annual Pass
Annual Pass

Postby ajp » Mon Feb 09, 2009 12:20 pm

No exactly sure if the change has been committed yet, but I won't be there on Wednesday if it's going ahead, due to other commitments.

mushu mama
Annual Pass
Annual Pass

Postby mushu mama » Wed Feb 11, 2009 9:04 am

Is the Quiz on or just a chat or whats the go for tonight? And if so... who's God? or can we share being God if a few of us have questions left over?

Lisa. -/
1999- Tokyo DL, 2008- DLR/Cal Adventure, 2012-DLR/Cal Adventure, 2013-Tokyo DLand/Sea, 2014-DLR/Cal Adventure, 2015- Paris DL, 2016 - WDW/Disneycruise , upcoming - May 2018 - HongKong DL

calisota
Annual Pass
Annual Pass

Postby calisota » Wed Feb 11, 2009 1:36 pm

I'm sure someone volunteered to be God, I just can't remember who, with apologies to that person.

Greg

mushu mama
Annual Pass
Annual Pass

Postby mushu mama » Wed Feb 11, 2009 2:51 pm

I was thinking it was Sandie but she asked for someone to leap frog so I wondered if I had missed who was actually going to do it tonight.

I guess we could just fill in the whole 'Thunderbirds are go' conversation that I missed last week... I think there was another thread that I missed as well... :?

Lisa. -/

ajp
Annual Pass
Annual Pass

Postby ajp » Wed Feb 11, 2009 5:30 pm

Yeah and I was next, but we have an important Netball committee meeting tonight that I can't miss.

KeithS
Annual Pass
Annual Pass

Postby KeithS » Thu Feb 12, 2009 7:15 pm

Well, how much fun did we have last night!? :D

What began as an informal chat, turned into a tight and closely fought trivia contest.

It started with me and Lisa catching up online for a chat and we were joined shortly after by Greg. We hadn't planned on a competition as this week's goddess (Sandie) was unavailable, and Anthony was off playing Netball or something. I had a few trivia questions laying around and through a couple up. Soon afterwards, we were joined by Jess and Matilda, and the competition really started going. With Lisa beginning with a 5 point head start, Jess ran her down and even took the lead for a while. Then, with Lisa leading by 1.5 points, we came down to the last 3-point question. The question was asked and Jess was eventually able to provide the correct three answers - but a major controversy erupted!! Where was Lisa? Her wireless connection had dropped out on the last question and she was unable to answer!! When she rejoined, she was able to get 2 points on the last question, leaving the scores too close to call given the connection issues. We decided to have a final tie-break, which Lisa won!

Terrific effort everyone, and there was some really funny banter during last night's event.

The questions are provided below, along with who got the right answer, and a running score check. See you all next time.

What was the name of the dragon (god wanna be) in Mulan and who provided his voice?
Mushu by Eddie Murphy
Lisa - 2 points
(Lisa 2; Greg 0; Jess 0)

In front of Cinderella's Castle there is a statue of Walt Disney & Mickey Mouse holding hands...What is this statue called?
Partners
Lisa - 1 point
(Lisa 3; Greg 0; Jess 0)

What does Pinocchio wear in his hat? What Colour is it?
A feather - red
Lisa - 2 points
(Lisa 5; Greg 0; Jess 0)

In what year did Walt Disney World receive its 50 millionth visitor?
Greg - 1 point
(Lisa 5; Greg 1; Jess 0)

What is the name of the baby elephant featured in the Kilimanjaro Safaris in Animal Kingdom?
Little Red
Jess - 1 point
(Lisa 5; Greg 1; Jess 1)

In what year was the first Mickey Mouse watch sold?
Greg - 1 point
(Lisa 5; Greg 2; Jess 1)

What was the year that Mickey Mouse recieved his star on the Hollywood Walk of Fame?
Jess - 1 point
(Lisa 5; Greg 2; Jess 2)

Which one of the mice does Cinderella save from the mousetrap?
Gus
Jess - 1 point
(Lisa 5; Greg 2; Jess 3)

Who wrote the songs for Toy Story, Toy Story 2, and Monsters Inc.?
Randy Newman
Lisa - 1 point
(Lisa 6; Greg 2; Jess 3)

In Disney's "Alice in Wonderland," where does Alice encounter the umbrella birds?
Tulgey Wood
Jess - 1 point
(Lisa 6; Greg 2; Jess 4)

The organ in Disneyland's Haunted Mansion was orginially used in another attraction, which one?
20,000 Leagues Under The Sea
Jess - 1 point
(Lisa 6; Greg 2; Jess 5)

In Beauty & The Beast, what area of the castle can the enchanted rose be found?
The West Wing
Jess - 1 point
(Lisa 6; Greg 2; Jess 6)

In 101 Dalmations, what color are Cruela De Vil's gloves?
Red
Jess - 1 point
(Lisa 6; Greg 2; Jess 7)

In Tarzan where are Jane and her father from?
London
Lisa - 1 point
(Lisa 7; Greg 2; Jess 7)

In what country did Alice in Wonderland have it's premiere?
England
Lisa - 1 point
(Lisa 8; Greg 2; Jess 7)

What is the only year (During the 1990's) that Disney did not release a Full Length Feature Animation?
Jess - 1 point
(Lisa 8; Greg 2; Jess 8 )

What was the name of Disney's first made for video animated movie?
The Return of Jafar
Lisa - 0.5 point
(Lisa 8.5; Greg 2; Jess 8 )

What female relative of Donald Duck had her own comic book series?
Grandma Duck
Greg - 1 point
(Lisa 8.5; Greg 3; Jess 8 )

In what Disney Full Length Animated Feature can you hear the line: "I Think I Can, I Think I Can"?
Dumbo
Jess - 1 point
(Lisa 8.5; Greg 3; Jess 9)

What actor provided the voice of John Smith in Pocahontas?
Mel Gibson
Lisa - 1 point
(Lisa 9.5; Greg 3; Jess 9)

By what name did the tank gang refer to Nemo as?
Shark Bait
Lisa - 1 point
(Lisa 10.5; Greg 3; Jess 9)

What are the names of the three children from The Incredibles?
Violet, Dash, and Jack-Jack
Jess - 3 points; Lisa - 2 points
(Lisa 12.5; Greg 3; Jess 12)

TIE BREAKER
The song "Little April Shower" is featured in what Disney full length animated feature?
Bambi
Lisa - 1 point
(Lisa 13.5; Greg 3; Jess 12)
Keith

Trip history: