Down Under Disneyana Australian Disney Forum-Down Under Disneyana – Australia's premiere Disney fan site

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the Register link to proceed.

Migration errors

Keep up to date with the latest club news
calisota
Annual Pass
Annual Pass

Migration errors

Postby calisota » Wed Dec 10, 2008 6:12 am

All going to plan you should be here at the new incarnation of the forum. If you can't see this then let me know. :D

There are bound to be a few teething problems so please post anything you notice not working correctly here and I'll try and fix it.

Hopefully this new host will be much more stable than the old one. :|

Greg
Chiang Mai Pickleball Club Play Pickleball in paradise

calisota
Annual Pass
Annual Pass

Re: Migration errors

Postby calisota » Wed Dec 10, 2008 6:45 am

I have now managed to migrate the front page portion of the site as well. At the moment (depending on when you are reading this) it looks nothing like it used to but I've taken advantage of the situation and all the caffeine to update the software which means that I am going to update the look of the site as well. All of the info is there, I just have to decide on a snazzy new presentation. It may continue to look a little odd for a while because I am now going to try and move the blogs and gallery before I worry about the cosmetics.

I'm also going to take a time out soon to rest my eyes and my simple little mind while I go and check my PO box, have a coffee and the cake of the day, and watch the world go past.

Greg

ajp
Annual Pass
Annual Pass

Postby ajp » Wed Dec 10, 2008 7:50 am

So far so good Greg by the looks of it. I like the look of the front page so far. It's fresh. Enjoy the cake of the day!
2023 Disneyland, Walt Disney World, Disney Cruise Lines - Disney Wish. Going to be awesome to be back!

calisota
Annual Pass
Annual Pass

Postby calisota » Wed Dec 10, 2008 8:52 am

Still playing with that front page. I'm sort of a minimalist when it comes to web pages so I'd be interested in comments. It's very similar to how it looked so as to not cause too many sudden intakes of breath.

I guess not many here ever look at it anyway, preferring to come directly to the forum?

Greg

calisota
Annual Pass
Annual Pass

Postby calisota » Wed Dec 10, 2008 12:14 pm

Girls, this is the way it should be done.

Drove to the shops, checked my p.o. box, got a haircut, did ALL my christmas shopping, had coffee & cake, read the newspaper, drove home. Total time taken...2 hrs 10 min. 8)

Greg

mushu mama
Annual Pass
Annual Pass

Postby mushu mama » Wed Dec 10, 2008 12:33 pm

Girls, this is the way it should be done.

Drove to the shops, checked my p.o. box, got a haircut, did ALL my christmas shopping, had coffee & cake, read the newspaper, drove home. Total time taken...2 hrs 10 min. 8)

Greg

Good Grief... are you kidding me? How is that even possible?

Lisa. */
1999- Tokyo DL, 2008- DLR/Cal Adventure, 2012-DLR/Cal Adventure, 2013-Tokyo DLand/Sea, 2014-DLR/Cal Adventure, 2015- Paris DL, 2016 - WDW/Disneycruise , upcoming - May 2018 - HongKong DL

ajp
Annual Pass
Annual Pass

Postby ajp » Wed Dec 10, 2008 1:15 pm

Geez Greg, you must have spent some time eating your cake and reading the paper! Or did you have to drive a long way to the shops?
2023 Disneyland, Walt Disney World, Disney Cruise Lines - Disney Wish. Going to be awesome to be back!

calisota
Annual Pass
Annual Pass

Postby calisota » Wed Dec 10, 2008 2:35 pm

I did take my time reading the paper, it was nice to sit in an outside cafe. :D

Greg

KeithS
Annual Pass
Annual Pass

Postby KeithS » Wed Dec 10, 2008 7:42 pm

Yep, not a bad time Greg. I'd say you are about on par - I spent around an hour last Saturday, but I skipped the coffee, cake and haircut.
Keith

Trip history:
DLR: 2005, 06, 09, 11, 12, 13, 15, 18
DLRP: 2006
HKDL: 2006 (Mar & Sept), 11 (Apr & Dec), 14, 19
SDR: 2017
TDR: 2008, 10, 17
WDW: 2006, 13 (Mar & Sept), 16, 19
DCL: 2013, 15 (Alaska & Hawaii), 18
Aulani: 2015

mushu mama
Annual Pass
Annual Pass

Postby mushu mama » Thu Dec 11, 2008 9:27 am

Sheesh....
Boys, Boys, Boys..... :shock:
When you 'power shop' it takes the buzz out of it. :roll:

You have to savour the moment... deliberate over colour, shape, PRICE, returnability, and a miriad of other details that make the gift purchasing, wrapping and then delivery worthy of the drama of doing it in the first place.
And then of course if by chance you get it wrong... its the thought that counts anyway right? :wink:

Not sure any female on the planet could do either the cofee/cake combo or the hair appointment in under 2 hours 10. Either could easily take double that. The newspaper takes me AGES.....

I have to say though, as far as fun stuff to do in a day goes... that was a good list ( shopping/hair/coffee & cake/reading pretty much covers all the bases)

Lisa. */
1999- Tokyo DL, 2008- DLR/Cal Adventure, 2012-DLR/Cal Adventure, 2013-Tokyo DLand/Sea, 2014-DLR/Cal Adventure, 2015- Paris DL, 2016 - WDW/Disneycruise , upcoming - May 2018 - HongKong DL

calisota
Annual Pass
Annual Pass

Postby calisota » Thu Dec 11, 2008 9:41 am

I'm not sure if anyone else has noticed or if you are just being polite but the "log me in automatically each visit" function isn't working at the moment. It means that you have to manually log yourself in each time you come to the forum, which I tend to find a little annoying. Unfortunately it's to do with cookie paths and until the domain name is transferred to the new host and propagated properly it won't work. Hopefully in about 5 or 6 more days...

Greg

mushu mama
Annual Pass
Annual Pass

Postby mushu mama » Thu Dec 11, 2008 9:58 am

I never do the 'log on auto' so I didn't notice.

Lisa. */

ajp
Annual Pass
Annual Pass

Postby ajp » Thu Dec 11, 2008 12:48 pm

I'm not sure if anyone else has noticed or if you are just being polite but the "log me in automatically each visit" function isn't working at the moment. It means that you have to manually log yourself in each time you come to the forum, which I tend to find a little annoying. Unfortunately it's to do with cookie paths and until the domain name is transferred to the new host and propagated properly it won't work. Hopefully in about 5 or 6 more days...

Greg
I noticed, and I was being polite. There's another couple of minor things, but I'll keep being polite for a week or so.

calisota
Annual Pass
Annual Pass

Postby calisota » Thu Dec 11, 2008 1:01 pm

I noticed, and I was being polite. There's another couple of minor things, but I'll keep being polite for a week or so.
That there's no link back to the front page of the site like there used to be? I noticed that as well. :oops:

There's also the white text through the logo at the top of the page but I'm keeping that for the moment as it's a good way of telling the two forums apart. Oh yes, there are two forums in existence, a real one and a ghost one. I'll let you decide which one you are (sixth sense music playing in the background). :twisted:

Greg

ajp
Annual Pass
Annual Pass

Postby ajp » Thu Dec 11, 2008 1:05 pm

When you start whispering "I can see dead threads" we start to worry?

kuchnie Czeladź

Return to “Down Under Disneyana News”