Down Under Disneyana Australian Disney Forum-Down Under Disneyana – Australia's premiere Disney fan site

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the Register link to proceed.

Migration errors

Keep up to date with the latest club news
calisota
Annual Pass
Annual Pass

Re: Migration errors

Postby calisota » Thu Dec 11, 2008 3:27 pm

When you see a loose thread, tug on it and your arm drops off...that's when you have to worry. :shock:

Greg
Chiang Mai Pickleball Club Play Pickleball in paradise

mushu mama
Annual Pass
Annual Pass

Postby mushu mama » Fri Dec 12, 2008 10:30 am

HUH? :shock:

Boy... and I thought I went off on tangents.... :roll: :lol:

Lisa. */
1999- Tokyo DL, 2008- DLR/Cal Adventure, 2012-DLR/Cal Adventure, 2013-Tokyo DLand/Sea, 2014-DLR/Cal Adventure, 2015- Paris DL, 2016 - WDW/Disneycruise , upcoming - May 2018 - HongKong DL

churros
Annual Pass
Annual Pass

Postby churros » Sun Dec 14, 2008 4:56 pm

You know the problem with blokes and shopping? Their mothers didn't start the training early enough or else they didn't have the stamina to complete the training. Being the mother of teenage boys I knew I was up against it and it would only take one dominating girlfriend/wife to whisk me into mother-in-law oblivion so I started early with endless hours of delight at the local Westfield and spotting the best cafes. This has it's downside as now I can't get out of the house with at least one of them tagging along. But yesterday the 13 year was a shining graduate! We arrived at Miranda Fair before 8am and got the pick of parking we went straight to a cafe to prepare for the onslaught then when the shops opened we attacked for 6 hours and his moaning was barely noticable above the carols, the screaming babies and other merry shoppers! And he was the one who spotted the Disney display at Jay Jays!

So fellas any takers for my training program? I'll even shout you Maccas for lunch! Seems to work with my kids!

What was this thread about?

ajp
Annual Pass
Annual Pass

Postby ajp » Mon Dec 15, 2008 8:26 am

So fellas any takers for my training program?
:shock:

[Crickets sounding in the background]
2023 Disneyland, Walt Disney World, Disney Cruise Lines - Disney Wish. Going to be awesome to be back!

mushu mama
Annual Pass
Annual Pass

Postby mushu mama » Mon Dec 15, 2008 12:49 pm

You know the problem with blokes and shopping? Their mothers didn't start the training early enough or else they didn't have the stamina to complete the training. Being the mother of teenage boys I knew I was up against it and it would only take one dominating girlfriend/wife to whisk me into mother-in-law oblivion so I started early with endless hours of delight at the local Westfield and spotting the best cafes. This has it's downside as now I can't get out of the house with at least one of them tagging along. But yesterday the 13 year was a shining graduate! We arrived at Miranda Fair before 8am and got the pick of parking we went straight to a cafe to prepare for the onslaught then when the shops opened we attacked for 6 hours and his moaning was barely noticable above the carols, the screaming babies and other merry shoppers! And he was the one who spotted the Disney display at Jay Jays!

So fellas any takers for my training program? I'll even shout you Maccas for lunch! Seems to work with my kids!

What was this thread about?
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Beth... I think we must have been separated at birth..... :shock:

That is so like my own kids 'training' its spooky .... but I am a little further down the track now... now I just go on my own or take them to the door and let them loose with a time limit.
Works a treat.

AND..... my son ( having two jobs) also shouts the Maccas.... :wink:

Lisa. -/
1999- Tokyo DL, 2008- DLR/Cal Adventure, 2012-DLR/Cal Adventure, 2013-Tokyo DLand/Sea, 2014-DLR/Cal Adventure, 2015- Paris DL, 2016 - WDW/Disneycruise , upcoming - May 2018 - HongKong DL

calisota
Annual Pass
Annual Pass

Postby calisota » Tue Dec 16, 2008 9:44 am

The domain name seems to have propagated properly and been transferred according to plan. You should be able to access the site now using the standard dudisneyana.info address and everything should show up correctly. At the moment the only thing left to do is reinstate the photo gallery, I just seem to be having a few problems trying to figure out the best way of doing it. :(

Hopefully all this should eliminate any of those annoying problems with the site disappearing. Fingers crossed.

Greg

mushu mama
Annual Pass
Annual Pass

Postby mushu mama » Tue Dec 16, 2008 10:07 am

I was wondering what was happening with the Gallery. Good luck...
So does this mean this is the 'real' DUD or the alternate reality one? :D

Lisa. -/

ajp
Annual Pass
Annual Pass

Postby ajp » Tue Dec 16, 2008 12:41 pm

I've noticed the remember me function is also now working.

Well done Greg! Perhaps you should sell your services to some larger organisations who seem to struggle with the concept at times ...
2023 Disneyland, Walt Disney World, Disney Cruise Lines - Disney Wish. Going to be awesome to be back!

KeithS
Annual Pass
Annual Pass

Postby KeithS » Tue Dec 16, 2008 8:13 pm

Hey Greg - one thing Della picked up on that I missed. If you are using Internet Explorer - the home page doesn't render correctly. The old "Down Under Disneyana Club" banner (the same one as appears at the top of this page) covers the "Welcome to Down Under Disneyana" title in certain circumstances. It looks fine in Firefox - just IE has the problem. I guess we could just remove it as the font looks a little old-fashioned compared to the clean look of the rest of the front page. What do you think?
Keith

Trip history:
DLR: 2005, 06, 09, 11, 12, 13, 15, 18
DLRP: 2006
HKDL: 2006 (Mar & Sept), 11 (Apr & Dec), 14, 19
SDR: 2017
TDR: 2008, 10, 17
WDW: 2006, 13 (Mar & Sept), 16, 19
DCL: 2013, 15 (Alaska & Hawaii), 18
Aulani: 2015

calisota
Annual Pass
Annual Pass

Postby calisota » Wed Dec 17, 2008 2:29 am

That is strange, and just one more reason why no one should use IE. I've just had a look with IE, Firefox, Chrome and Safari and it looks fine in all the others. :?

I took the "welcome to" off and moved the text down a line so it looks okay now. Anything else that anyone notices please let me know, most things are really easy to fix.I'll be having a crack at the gallery soon, just about to cook a steak for breakfast.

If anyone wants a website done then let me know, maybe I should be adding to my portfolio. :D

Greg

calisota
Annual Pass
Annual Pass

Postby calisota » Wed Dec 17, 2008 5:38 am

Galleries back!

Greg

ajp
Annual Pass
Annual Pass

Postby ajp » Wed Dec 17, 2008 8:02 am

Chrome? How are you finding that? I was reading an article yesterday and the guy who wrote it is calling Chrome a flop because no-one is using it, yet Google are happy with the distribution so far. Is it worth a look?

calisota
Annual Pass
Annual Pass

Postby calisota » Wed Dec 17, 2008 8:09 am

I just got it to have it and because it's free. I only use it to make sure that sites I'm working on, like this one, look okay in a variety of browsers. I'm still sticking with Firefox.

Greg

KeithS
Annual Pass
Annual Pass

Postby KeithS » Wed Dec 17, 2008 6:00 pm

I just got it to have it and because it's free. I only use it to make sure that sites I'm working on, like this one, look okay in a variety of browsers. I'm still sticking with Firefox.
Yep - same answer from me. I downloaded it and liked its clean look, but then went immediately back to Firefox. Chrome was faster at rendering multiple webpages, but it had a few quirks that I got sick of.
Keith

Trip history:
DLR: 2005, 06, 09, 11, 12, 13, 15, 18
DLRP: 2006
HKDL: 2006 (Mar & Sept), 11 (Apr & Dec), 14, 19
SDR: 2017
TDR: 2008, 10, 17
WDW: 2006, 13 (Mar & Sept), 16, 19
DCL: 2013, 15 (Alaska & Hawaii), 18
Aulani: 2015

ajp
Annual Pass
Annual Pass

Postby ajp » Thu Dec 18, 2008 8:31 am

I'll stick with Safari.

kuchnie Czeladź

Return to “Down Under Disneyana News”