Down Under Disneyana Australian Disney Forum-Down Under Disneyana – Australia's premiere Disney fan site

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the Register link to proceed.

Honey, we're home!

Keep up to date with the latest club news
ajp
Annual Pass
Annual Pass

Re: Honey, we're home!

Postby ajp » Mon Jun 23, 2008 9:54 am

Greg there is another thing that would be handy. Is it possible to have a link from the forum back to the home page of the website? (If there is one I haven't found it yet :? ).
2023 Disneyland, Walt Disney World, Disney Cruise Lines - Disney Wish. Going to be awesome to be back!

calisota
Annual Pass
Annual Pass

Postby calisota » Mon Jun 23, 2008 11:39 am

Greg there is another thing that would be handy. Is it possible to have a link from the forum back to the home page of the website? (If there is one I haven't found it yet :? ).
Done. At the top left hand corner of the page there is a link to the main site next to the link back to the forum main page.

Greg
Chiang Mai Pickleball Club Play Pickleball in paradise

churros
Annual Pass
Annual Pass

Postby churros » Wed Jun 25, 2008 9:06 pm

What happened yesterday at 10.24am that there were 16 of you on the forum at the same time? Was that morning smoko?

KeithS
Annual Pass
Annual Pass

Postby KeithS » Thu Jun 26, 2008 8:26 am

What happened yesterday at 10.24am that there were 16 of you on the forum at the same time? Was that morning smoko?
Didn't you get the invite??! :D

Just joking - those numbers can be a little misleading because search engines like Google, Yahoo, etc do their indexing which can cause multiple simultaneous links from different IP addresses. I'm guessing it was the Google bots as I see them connected to this site quite frequently.
Keith

Trip history:
DLR: 2005, 06, 09, 11, 12, 13, 15, 18
DLRP: 2006
HKDL: 2006 (Mar & Sept), 11 (Apr & Dec), 14, 19
SDR: 2017
TDR: 2008, 10, 17
WDW: 2006, 13 (Mar & Sept), 16, 19
DCL: 2013, 15 (Alaska & Hawaii), 18
Aulani: 2015

ajp
Annual Pass
Annual Pass

Postby ajp » Thu Jun 26, 2008 10:45 am

What do those 'Bots" do? I often see them logged in and always wondered what they did.
2023 Disneyland, Walt Disney World, Disney Cruise Lines - Disney Wish. Going to be awesome to be back!

calisota
Annual Pass
Annual Pass

Postby calisota » Thu Jun 26, 2008 10:53 am

What do those 'Bots" do? I often see them logged in and always wondered what they did.
Essentially they cruise the net and search sites. They capture all the details about web sites that google uses when you search for something. I have a small text file embedded in the site that tells these bots to keep coming back on a regular basis because the content is constantly changing so that they can keep the search engines up to date. Think of them as little robotic web surfers, which is a step up from the first days of places like yahoo where you had to manually submit your site and then they had a team of people who would check it out and then add it to the directory. Ahh, the good old days. :?

Greg

ajp
Annual Pass
Annual Pass

Postby ajp » Thu Jun 26, 2008 11:21 am

[In the voice of Squirt]

Sweeeeet

ajp
Annual Pass
Annual Pass

Postby ajp » Sun Jul 20, 2008 2:57 pm

Greg, something else that we could probably use. The topic that Sandie raised about how we pay for trips, made me think. Some people don't like to discuss certain things on an open forum with information available to the public. On another forum I visit (a V8supercar forum, surprise surprise) they have created a section that is by invite only and requires a password to get into. That way people can be open and discuss things that wouldn't be normally spoken about in the public. Do you think it's possible and worth doing here?

sandie
Annual Pass
Annual Pass

Postby sandie » Sun Jul 20, 2008 4:35 pm

Yes then we could discuss our plans for world domination.......opps - have I said too much?

Sandie

calisota
Annual Pass
Annual Pass

Postby calisota » Sun Jul 20, 2008 4:37 pm

Okay, I think I've got it set up correctly. It's at the bottom and just called private, probably no need to draw too much attention to it. Can someone try and see if they can read it at the moment while they don't have permission and tell me if they can?

If it won't let you then that's perfect. Then just drop me a PM or ask here and I'll add you to the list.

Greg

ajp
Annual Pass
Annual Pass

Postby ajp » Sun Jul 20, 2008 4:56 pm

I can't see it, which must be a good thing. PM coming.

kuchnie Czeladź

Return to “Down Under Disneyana News”