Down Under Disneyana Australian Disney Forum-Down Under Disneyana – Australia's premiere Disney fan site

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the Register link to proceed.

We're back!

Keep up to date with the latest club news
mushu mama
Annual Pass
Annual Pass

Re: We're back!

Postby mushu mama » Thu Nov 27, 2008 5:00 pm

Ok... now I don't feel so bad about being 'internet-less'.... I completely missed this 'outage' ...

Lisa. :wink:
1999- Tokyo DL, 2008- DLR/Cal Adventure, 2012-DLR/Cal Adventure, 2013-Tokyo DLand/Sea, 2014-DLR/Cal Adventure, 2015- Paris DL, 2016 - WDW/Disneycruise , upcoming - May 2018 - HongKong DL

calisota
Annual Pass
Annual Pass

Postby calisota » Sat Dec 06, 2008 11:42 am

Well, the latest little outage has spurred me to take some long overdue action.

I have purchased space with another host and will be spending my next days off trying to transfer the entire site to another server. I'll be doing it in the wee small hours of the morning to keep the disruption to a minimum but thought I should warn you in case things look a little odd while stuff is loose in the ether somewhere. It will take about a week for the domain to point to the new location so I'll be setting up a redirect for the current URL that will take you to a new and strange URL for that week. Everything will look the same and apart from the change of address at the top of your browser you shouldn't notice much difference, when I'm done, for that week. Just keep using the http://www.dudisneyana.info address and everything should be fine.

Wish me luck.

Greg
Chiang Mai Pickleball Club Play Pickleball in paradise

sandie
Annual Pass
Annual Pass

Postby sandie » Sat Dec 06, 2008 4:12 pm

Good luck.......
Sandie

churros
Annual Pass
Annual Pass

Postby churros » Mon Dec 08, 2008 9:35 pm

Ah hah so that's what happened, I thought it was me and my internet problems. Thank you Greg we are all hopelessly addicted to this and we appreciate you - our supplier of our sweet medicine! 8)

calisota
Annual Pass
Annual Pass

Postby calisota » Tue Dec 09, 2008 1:23 pm

Tonight is the night! I'm going to be awake from about midnight trying to migrate the site to the new server. Priority will be the forum and the home page with the blogs, gallery and emails to follow within 24 hours (hopefully).

I'm not sure how the @dudisneyana.info email addresses are going to be affected during the transition of the actual domain name from server to server so they may be unavailable for up to 7 days while it propagates.

I may also attempt to convert the gallery to a new piece of software which I've been using for a new website project I'm working on (http://www.gchistory.com in a bit of blatant self promotion) and which seems to be much better than the current software. We'll see just how good I am if I can not only move the whole thing from one server to another but change software while keeping it all intact. :shock:

I have bought myself an extraordinary amount of coffee in preparation but have to ask if you can refrain from visiting the site between midnight and 8am.

Greg

ajp
Annual Pass
Annual Pass

Postby ajp » Tue Dec 09, 2008 2:33 pm

Greg, this sounds like one almighty plan, and I wish you well in a successful transition. It actually sounds exciting what you're about to embark on.

Good luck, and I'm sure I speak for all of us in saying you have our complete support and patience in the process.
2023 Disneyland, Walt Disney World, Disney Cruise Lines - Disney Wish. Going to be awesome to be back!

KeithS
Annual Pass
Annual Pass

Postby KeithS » Tue Dec 09, 2008 7:39 pm

Yep - good luck with the transition (and enjoy the coffee!!)

See you on the other side (we hope!)
Keith

Trip history:
DLR: 2005, 06, 09, 11, 12, 13, 15, 18
DLRP: 2006
HKDL: 2006 (Mar & Sept), 11 (Apr & Dec), 14, 19
SDR: 2017
TDR: 2008, 10, 17
WDW: 2006, 13 (Mar & Sept), 16, 19
DCL: 2013, 15 (Alaska & Hawaii), 18
Aulani: 2015

sandie
Annual Pass
Annual Pass

Postby sandie » Fri Dec 12, 2008 2:16 pm

Well it appears to have worked

churros
Annual Pass
Annual Pass

Postby churros » Sun Dec 14, 2008 4:39 pm

Looks great Greg - I think I lost some posts on the launch date though - nothing spectacular if I remember right, serve me right for logging on just after 8am when I should have been working.

calisota
Annual Pass
Annual Pass

Postby calisota » Sun Dec 14, 2008 8:48 pm

Did I say that I meant 8am real time (ie Qld time)?

Greg

churros
Annual Pass
Annual Pass

Postby churros » Tue Dec 16, 2008 6:52 am

Ah!

I am a teacher in distance education and I regularly forget time differences and have rung my students in Perth before the sun has even hit the Nullarbor Plain! :lol:

kuchnie Czeladź

Return to “Down Under Disneyana News”