Down Under Disneyana Australian Disney Forum-Down Under Disneyana – Australia's premiere Disney fan site

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the Register link to proceed.

October Newsletter

Keep up to date with the latest club news
sandie
Annual Pass
Annual Pass

October Newsletter

Postby sandie » Thu Sep 20, 2007 8:26 pm

Anyone (please) want to contribute? Lisa how about a short article on the challenges, Keith I need part 2 of your articles, any one else?
By the way - did you like the July one? I didn't get any feedback.

Sandie

mushu mama
Annual Pass
Annual Pass

Re: October Newsletter

Postby mushu mama » Thu Sep 20, 2007 10:24 pm

Lisa how about a short article on the challenges,
thats a great idea, when do you need it by?
By the way - did you like the July one? I didn't get any feedback.
Sandie
There was a July one? :shock:
come to think of it, I probably didn't pass on my QLD address :?

~ Lisa ~
1999- Tokyo DL, 2008- DLR/Cal Adventure, 2012-DLR/Cal Adventure, 2013-Tokyo DLand/Sea, 2014-DLR/Cal Adventure, 2015- Paris DL, 2016 - WDW/Disneycruise , upcoming - May 2018 - HongKong DL

sandie
Annual Pass
Annual Pass

Postby sandie » Fri Sep 21, 2007 3:38 pm

By mid October so I can have it all done for the end of October would be great. I am not sure when Wayne sent the newsletters but I gave them to him at the June meeting.

Sandie

KeithS
Annual Pass
Annual Pass

Postby KeithS » Fri Sep 21, 2007 6:50 pm

Anyone (please) want to contribute?
I'll do my part two of the website article for you Sandie. I've also sent something from another member to your work address - but I got the "Out of Office" reply today, so I'll send it to your home email :)

Mushu - I think I might have a second copy of the last newsletter here at home - if I do, I'll send it up to you.
Keith

Trip history:
DLR: 2005, 06, 09, 11, 12, 13, 15, 18
DLRP: 2006
HKDL: 2006 (Mar & Sept), 11 (Apr & Dec), 14, 19
SDR: 2017
TDR: 2008, 10, 17
WDW: 2006, 13 (Mar & Sept), 16, 19
DCL: 2013, 15 (Alaska & Hawaii), 18
Aulani: 2015

mushu mama
Annual Pass
Annual Pass

Postby mushu mama » Sat Sep 22, 2007 1:14 am

Mushu - I think I might have a second copy of the last newsletter here at home - if I do, I'll send it up to you.
That would be great thanks Keith.

~ Lisa ~
1999- Tokyo DL, 2008- DLR/Cal Adventure, 2012-DLR/Cal Adventure, 2013-Tokyo DLand/Sea, 2014-DLR/Cal Adventure, 2015- Paris DL, 2016 - WDW/Disneycruise , upcoming - May 2018 - HongKong DL

ajp
Annual Pass
Annual Pass

Postby ajp » Sat Nov 03, 2007 2:02 pm

I thought I'd use this topic, save starting a new one with a similar name.

Sandie, you've done a fabulous job with this newsletter. =D> I did enjoy reading it. The news stories and various information pieces were informative. Your tales of something special for the family sounded like you had lots of fun. But your husbands account of his Richard Petty Experience definitely grabbed my attention. I'm quite an avid follower of NASCAR now that we have an Australian (Marcos Ambrose) racing there, and I must say, that when we eventually get that way, I am definitely booking one for myself. It sounded like so much fun!

As I said in my opinion piece, I'm open to discussion and opinion (I feel that, using a cricket term, I'm off to a nervous and slow start at the crease, but am looking to settle in until drinks). So please any comments or other opinions are welcome and happy to discuss. I'm now trying to figure out what next one will be now.
2023 Disneyland, Walt Disney World, Disney Cruise Lines - Disney Wish. Going to be awesome to be back!

sandie
Annual Pass
Annual Pass

Postby sandie » Sat Nov 03, 2007 2:07 pm

I am just happy to hear someone say something about any newsletter! I have not had any feedback til now and that was the fourth one I did!

It is time consuming but is heaps easier when you guys write the articles!

I had to edit Peter's story - it appears car club magazines (which it was written for) do not use Disney rated language!!!!

Sandie

Gerard
E Ticket
E Ticket

Postby Gerard » Sat Nov 03, 2007 3:05 pm

I too loved it, nice work, I liked the artical on the Website forum, I will try and figure out how to use it :P

only 20 days to go :D

alice in wonderland
C Ticket
C Ticket

Postby alice in wonderland » Sat Nov 03, 2007 4:30 pm

Hi Sandie

I would love to read your newsletter. WHere could i find a copy???

Jess
I have no holidays planned to disney for a while....how depressing...i will just have to live through all your adventures!

ajp
Annual Pass
Annual Pass

Postby ajp » Sat Nov 03, 2007 4:37 pm

I had to edit Peter's story - it appears car club magazines (which it was written for) do not use Disney rated language!!!!
Sandie
I could well imagine. :lol:
2023 Disneyland, Walt Disney World, Disney Cruise Lines - Disney Wish. Going to be awesome to be back!

sandie
Annual Pass
Annual Pass

Postby sandie » Sat Nov 03, 2007 4:51 pm

I would love to read your newsletter. WHere could i find a copy???
Hi Jess are you a club member? If so it will come in the mail. Otherwise download a membership form from the home page and Wayne will post you one!

Sandie

KeithS
Annual Pass
Annual Pass

Postby KeithS » Sun Nov 04, 2007 10:02 am

Sandie, you've done a fabulous job with this newsletter.
Yep - couldn't have put it better myself. This was a great newsletter Sandie. It was good to see lots of contributions from different people - and your husband's article was great! I'm also a long-term NASCAR fan - watch every race, every weekend...I'm booking for next time too - he should get referral credits for his next trip!

Anthony IMHO is an awesome column, it is so different for us to go on Disney holidays - they are such a financial investment for us that we believe we should get perfect service every time. But of course, to the regular cast members, we are just another day-guest who paid an $75 admission - they don't realise what it took for us to get there...

Anyway, time to start preparing for the next edition!
Keith

Trip history:
DLR: 2005, 06, 09, 11, 12, 13, 15, 18
DLRP: 2006
HKDL: 2006 (Mar & Sept), 11 (Apr & Dec), 14, 19
SDR: 2017
TDR: 2008, 10, 17
WDW: 2006, 13 (Mar & Sept), 16, 19
DCL: 2013, 15 (Alaska & Hawaii), 18
Aulani: 2015

ajp
Annual Pass
Annual Pass

Postby ajp » Sun Nov 04, 2007 8:01 pm

Thanks Keith. I'm glad you said "regular" cast members, because to stereotype all CM would be misguiding as there a lot of them who care about the magic and every guest every day. There has been alot said about the short termers, college students etc, who are hired and do it just for a job, particularly at peak and busy times, and it's likely that this is a contributor to the at times less than acceptable service that occurs. But your point is valid.

A positive thing on the cost side is the dollar is at 92c currently which eases that pain a little, but unless we can hyper travel in the near future, we still have to travel a day to get there! (I hate that I can't take advantage of this exchange rate).

sandie
Annual Pass
Annual Pass

Postby sandie » Mon Nov 05, 2007 5:41 pm

but unless we can hyper travel in the near future, we still have to travel a day to get there!
Well actually if you can jump aboard the space shuttle as it is landing, just as it powers down its engines over Perth (When it is landing at Kennedy) you can coast to Florida in 55 minutes!

Now who said all trivia was useless?

Sandie

mushu mama
Annual Pass
Annual Pass

Postby mushu mama » Tue Nov 06, 2007 1:51 pm

I just got my Newsletter yesterday and I wanted to add my 20 cents to this thread too....
Sandie, you are doing an amazing job with the newsletter. I really enjoyed reading everyones articles. Loved all the photos, it really adds something to it.

Oh, that reminds me... Keith, did you find a spare copy of the last one like you thought you might have had?

and a post by me wouldn't be complete without a quote of some description.... :D
(I hate that I can't take advantage of this exchange rate)
why can't you? Just get a spare $100 converted to travellers cheques every now and then, and ferret it away till you need it ( I tuck them in my passport so I know where they are). I've done that before when the exchange rate was high......

~ Lisa ~

kuchnie Czeladź

Return to “Down Under Disneyana News”