Down Under Disneyana Australian Disney Forum-Down Under Disneyana – Australia's premiere Disney fan site

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the Register link to proceed.

Disney Scrapbooking

sandie
Annual Pass
Annual Pass

Disney Scrapbooking

Postby sandie » Wed May 03, 2006 9:47 pm

Poor Greg,

Made a section about scrapbooking and i am pretty sure he doesn't even have any idea what it is! Maybe you could tell me how to start a new section in the albums for scrapbook pages?

I have scrapped my 1994, 1999 and 2005 trips and I have almost finished my 2003 trip.

If you scrap- and you scrap Disney I really recommend http://www.mousememories.com I shop from them a couple of times a year and their range is huge.

Sandie

mushu mama
Annual Pass
Annual Pass

Postby mushu mama » Wed May 03, 2006 10:54 pm

A section to show off our pages in 'Albums' would be great. And seeing as this section is already here, maybe we can post the techniques/skills/materials used, or your memories connected to that page etc, in this section so others can scraplift if they want. I taught advanced scrapping for years and would be glad to share any tips.... And likewise scraplift some.

Yep, I'm a regular customer at mousememories too. Feels like Christmas when the box arrives doesn't it.

-Lisa.

sandie
Annual Pass
Annual Pass

Postby sandie » Thu May 04, 2006 7:17 pm

Yep- I always say "thats it! no more supplies until i use what I've got" and then I get a pesky email with all new items!!!!

Have you seen the new tinkerbell embellishments by EK success? They are little t-shirts with tink on them. They are in the current CK and MM magazines.

Sandie

mushu mama
Annual Pass
Annual Pass

Postby mushu mama » Thu May 04, 2006 7:48 pm

Actually, I looked recently and was shocked at how many embellishments I had sitting there. I go through squillions of jolees (especially when I get them for under $2 on eBay) on cards, so that uses up a bit. I look on mousememories a lot and always have a very full wish list!

LOVE the little tink shirts - saw them a while ago and wanted them - not sure what for though..... I'm sure to need them for something!
I've actually been toying with the idea of making my own little Disney T-shirts like the tink ones (but with other characters on them - jolees style) using photo transfer paste and whipping out the trusty overlocker!..
I'm sure I could make some tiny coat hangers with all the left over beading stuff I have....

Lisa.

Raeleen
A Ticket
A Ticket

Disney Scrapbooking

Postby Raeleen » Fri May 05, 2006 11:47 am

Thought I'd come on-line and introduce myself to Lisa. That way I'll know 2 people at the meeting that Sandie is bringing me along too on Saturday.

Disney scrapbooking is the topic that is always at the back of my mind at the moment given I have like 3000 pics to scrap. I've never attempted such a large scrap commitment and am constantly collecting supplies - that I've yet to use, for the project.

I love the little Tink shirts. Where do you find your jolee on ebay Lisa? Maybe its time to shop Sandie?

Look forward to seeing you both Saturday, Raeleen

mushu mama
Annual Pass
Annual Pass

Postby mushu mama » Fri May 05, 2006 12:54 pm

And a big Hi to you too Raeleen. Yay, another scrapper. The more the merrier!
I wish I could make it to the meeting this weekend, I hope someone puts a meeting report on here so I can see what I am missing! I am a bit far away (middle of nowhere Vic) and life is a little messy for me to trek up to Sydney at the moment. Would love to go to the Pirates one in July (I used to own a party business so I am sure I would have the perfect ensemble, frilly shirt, knee high pirate boots and all!) but not sure if I can. Am very much hoping to make it to the Sept meeting - am supposed to be going to QLD then so might see if I can wangle a stopover.

But back to scrapbooking, the only way to take on huge scrapping project is one bite at a time. Flip thru your photos and see which ones jump out at you and thats the one/theme to start with, trust me with your stash of supplies at the ready, inspiration will come. Personally, I don't try to scrap cronologically, I just do the ones that call out to me.

Now for the Jolees, just put 'jolees' into the search bar on the home page and hit 'search'. Leave the catagories as 'all', and voila there they are. Keeping in mind that lisam9824 will be me ! :) there's lots of sellers who put on massive lots of these every 3 days so if you miss one don't be tempted to bid higher than you really want to, cos there will be more a few days later. Be sure to check the postage rate - some are a bit over the top. So go get em...
Look forward to meeting one of these days but in the meantime, keep chatting....
- Lisa.

Raeleen
A Ticket
A Ticket

Disney Scrapbooking

Postby Raeleen » Fri May 05, 2006 1:04 pm

Sorry to not get to meet you Saturday. I'm new to the meetings as well, so I'm looking forward to hearing about these up coming events.

I've managed to do 3 layouts from out holiday, all Disney and I did as you suggested, and just did the ones that "jumped" out at me, and fitted the layouts I had in mind.

I know there was over 3000 pics, so I'm not even going to count again till I at least fill one album. So for now it will remain - 3 down 3000 to go.

I'm trying to spend an hour a day typing up my journal, that in itself is a huge project - but I'm hopeful that it will save time when I get to scrappin, by already having that journal done.

Sandie has been a good teacher, I'm attempting to follow her lead and actually scrap the whole trip with stories as I go through. Its a huge project.

Sounds like you've dabbled in a few different things. Scrap teacher, party shop owner. Sounds like there are some interesting stories in there.

Sandie suggested I come on-line, but we've yet to hear from her. Raeleen

mushu mama
Annual Pass
Annual Pass

Re: Disney Scrapbooking

Postby mushu mama » Fri May 05, 2006 1:26 pm

I'm trying to spend an hour a day typing up my journal, that in itself is a huge project - but I'm hopeful that it will save time when I get to scrappin, by already having that journal done.
Your Journal will be an invaluable resource - I refer back to mine every time I do another page cos my trip was 6 years ago and theres no way I would remember all the details.
Sounds like you've dabbled in a few different things. Scrap teacher, party shop owner. Sounds like there are some interesting stories in there.
Yep, add to that list, Hairdresser/beautician, Boutique manager, floristry (I help out at my sisters shop - not qualified but can hold my own)among other stuff and now trainee travel agent - finally decided what I want to do when I grow up!. Variety is the spice of life they say!
- Lisa
ps: just scooting off to work now (work weird hours) so hope to chat more later.

sandie
Annual Pass
Annual Pass

Postby sandie » Fri May 05, 2006 1:32 pm

When doing an album that huge I have to go chronologically. As Raels will attest I have been at my current series of albums for 2.5 years although to be fair it ws for a 7 week trip and covers 6 albums!

With my non holiday stuff I just do what grabs me.

I would love to say she is a good a student as I am a teacher - but in actually fact shes a very naughty girl! :twisted:

mushu mama
Annual Pass
Annual Pass

Postby mushu mama » Fri May 05, 2006 9:12 pm

I would love to say she is a good a student as I am a teacher - but in actually fact shes a very naughty girl! :twisted:
But Raeleen sounds like a dutiful student. I'm sure the tuition is going brilliantly! :)

Are you both members of the yahoo group 'DisneyScrappers' ? I am going to have a go at this months scrap challenge. ( I did one for last months but then couldn't stitch the damn scans together so didn't get it there).
I am not sure what form the doodling will take but think I'll use gel pens and maybe oil pastels and chalking. Haven't done much of the freehand stuff so could be interesting! Theres lots of great ideas on twopeasinabucket though. Might check that out to kick start the inspiration.
- Lisa. :)

sandie
Annual Pass
Annual Pass

Postby sandie » Fri May 05, 2006 11:00 pm

I always mean to do the challenges but never get there!

I think you and I have spoken before via my work email address when you first joined the group.

Raeleen and I are going on a scrapbooking weekend over the June long weekend and I have been set the challenge of not doing any Disney layouts -it is going to kill me. I have not scrapped anything but Disney for 3 years.

mushu mama
Annual Pass
Annual Pass

Postby mushu mama » Sat May 06, 2006 8:00 am

I think you and I have spoken before via my work email address when you first joined the group.
Yep I think we might have.

I have been set the challenge of not doing any Disney layouts -it is going to kill me. I have not scrapped anything but Disney for 3 years.
Actually, I have had it in reverse to you - when I was teaching I was always working on really intricate projects for classes. By the time I finished the series of classes I would be so over it I didn't scrap any of my own stuff for ages. Which was why I stopped teaching. Am scrapping for pleasure rather than profit now. Not that it was that profitable!

Good luck with the Disney-less LO's, sometimes it does you good to walk to the end of the pier and just step off and see what happens....

Lisa.

sandie
Annual Pass
Annual Pass

Postby sandie » Sat May 06, 2006 12:41 pm

Where did you teach? I have the problem that I get huge ideas which take 12 hours to finish! My friends hate me. I come up with great ideas for their layouts which they are then forced (by me) to implement.

I had one friend who said "I want to do a really simple layout to showcase my son driving his new car.

And I said: Cool, if you cut out about 65 of the letter 'Y' we can make it look like tyre tracks.

6 hours later she called me a bad name and left! (with a finished page!)

leaving for the meeting now - chat later!

mushu mama
Annual Pass
Annual Pass

Postby mushu mama » Sat May 06, 2006 4:16 pm

Where did you teach? I have the problem that I get huge ideas which take 12 hours to finish! implement.
At one of the local scrap centres here in Horsham. I was lucky, they ran my classes over 3 nights and they really had to have a certain skill level or we all fell behind and I would have to finish it for them so we could keep to schedule. Drove me barmy when they signed up beginners to do these sorts of classes.
And I said: Cool, if you cut out about 65 of the letter 'Y' we can make it look like tyre tracks.
... or you could have just inked a section of car tyre and rolled it over the paper - I've done that and it works great!

- Lisa.

Raeleen
A Ticket
A Ticket

the naughty comment

Postby Raeleen » Sat May 06, 2006 9:09 pm

Sanide to be fair - I thought I was such a quick learner. Only 2 pages then off on my first weekend away!

So what is it now - my third? Sandie - maybe you could have a purely Disney scrappers day for those that scrap in the Disney club?

Lisa, I've only just joined the Disneyscrappers. So I'll have to look into the challenges. I'm so slow at getting myself organised for our weekend away, that I'm sure I wont get a chance to tackle the challege for a while. But it could be fun checking out everyones. I love the ides I get from the site. Nothing like page lifting.

Sandie does get very "involved" with her pages. You should ask her about her unfinished mosaic! Now would it be classed as "naughty" to leave a layout unfinished for a couple of years?

In Sandies defence, what a layout it is!!!!

Me - I'm into punch art. Very time consuming - but good when you dont have any other ideas.

But here I am speaking with a former teachers. I feel unworthy.

kuchnie Czeladź

Return to “Scrapbooking”