Down Under Disneyana Australian Disney Forum-Down Under Disneyana – Australia's premiere Disney fan site

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the Register link to proceed.

Stitches and Craft show - Brisbane

mushu mama
Annual Pass
Annual Pass

Stitches and Craft show - Brisbane

Postby mushu mama » Fri May 04, 2007 11:03 am

I was lucky enough to go to the Stitches and Craft show on Wednesday and apart from leaving every cent I took there, I also had the opportunity to do a workshop with my two favourite Australian Scrap Artists, Helen Williams and Ngaire Bartlam....
we chatted after the class and I sent Ngaire the photos....

look quickly,.... I've only got 15 minutes of fame....... :wink:

http://scrapblogmebaby.typepad.com/blog_me_baby/

and Yep... I did get one of those rockin' aprons...... :D

~ Lisa ~
1999- Tokyo DL, 2008- DLR/Cal Adventure, 2012-DLR/Cal Adventure, 2013-Tokyo DLand/Sea, 2014-DLR/Cal Adventure, 2015- Paris DL, 2016 - WDW/Disneycruise , upcoming - May 2018 - HongKong DL

sandie
Annual Pass
Annual Pass

Postby sandie » Fri May 04, 2007 1:25 pm

Cool! I am so not an apron person but have you seen the new Karen Foster ones from Mouse Memories?

mushu mama
Annual Pass
Annual Pass

Postby mushu mama » Fri May 04, 2007 4:27 pm

Cool! I am so not an apron person but have you seen the new Karen Foster ones from Mouse Memories?
Yep....

I don't wear aprons as a rule either, but I was chuffed with this one.
I might have to start now that I have it. Might save my T-shirts from all the stazOn inks..... um... and paint.... and mod podge.... and lace dyes ( my fav aquisition at the fair - loving those colours) :)

The Karen Foster one is so pretty but I think it would be a bit of a pain with all your supplies hanging off the front. Could get a bit heavy too. I like the idea for the pens and I use at least 2 different scissors at any given time when I scrap and they would be good to have handy. I seem to always be fishing around blindly in my scrap tote for them and the double sided tape.
I'm thinking I might add a couple of pockets and pen holders for my slick writers & gold/white gel pens ( other things I fish around for every scrap session)

I'll be a regular scrap geek with all the pens hanging off the front :D

Do you go when the show hits Sydney ?

you must be getting pretty excited now that your trip is so close. Do you bring much scrapping stuff back with you? And when I think of the difference in prices for scrapping stuff in the States as compared to here, it almost makes me cry.

I've scrapped more of my Disney photos recently so I'll put them into the gallery when I get a chance.

~ Lisa ~
1999- Tokyo DL, 2008- DLR/Cal Adventure, 2012-DLR/Cal Adventure, 2013-Tokyo DLand/Sea, 2014-DLR/Cal Adventure, 2015- Paris DL, 2016 - WDW/Disneycruise , upcoming - May 2018 - HongKong DL

sandie
Annual Pass
Annual Pass

Postby sandie » Fri May 04, 2007 8:02 pm

I always say I won't go to Stitches and Craft but I always do and I always spend mega bucks! We get two a year Feb and August with the August one being much better!

I do tend to buy a bit too much scrapping stuff whether I am here or in the USA!!!! I will be making a trip to Mouse Memories and I have arranged that if my friends order stuff in the week before I go I will collect it and bring it home - so let me know if you want to join in!

mushu mama
Annual Pass
Annual Pass

Postby mushu mama » Sun May 13, 2007 4:15 am

I will be making a trip to Mouse Memories and I have arranged that if my friends order stuff in the week before I go I will collect it and bring it home - so let me know if you want to join in!
That would be great Sandie, thanks, theres a few things I'd like that I've been putting off ordering for a while now that I can't get here, so I might just take you up on that.

I guess carrying a craft robo home would be out of the question? :lol:

It pains me that they cost upwards of $600 here and I could get one for $300 from the US....
Thats the next thing on my scrapping lust-list ( as one of my friends calls my never ending 'to buy' list of scrapping stuff)

~ Lisa ~

sandie
Annual Pass
Annual Pass

Postby sandie » Sun May 13, 2007 6:50 pm

Go to http://www.craftainers.com.au (it may have 2 "t"'s) I just got their sticker stadium and it is awesome!

mushu mama
Annual Pass
Annual Pass

Postby mushu mama » Mon May 14, 2007 11:53 am

Wow... cool site. I love the inkpad locker and the spin around tier thingy ( yep thats the technical term :wink: ) trouble is, I have such limited space where I am at the moment . I had a dedicated scrap room in Horsham, but it all lives in my room, sharing space with the computer at present.

One of the girls I work with has a robo and I would love to be able to use any font I want. She brings all these wonderful creations she's made from converted GSD files to the crops and I am seriously envious. I'm seeing lots of ways I can adapt that in a Disney scrapping sense.

Is the 'using your own fonts thing' still happening to the Cricut like was being talked about a while ago?

~ Lisa ~

sandie
Annual Pass
Annual Pass

Postby sandie » Mon May 14, 2007 7:17 pm

They say it is. The only problem I can see with the robo and the wishblade is that people complain about how hard it is to get the fonts etc in. I have both the Disney cartidges for my Cricut and they are awesome.

mushu mama
Annual Pass
Annual Pass

Postby mushu mama » Mon May 14, 2007 9:41 pm

Robo and wishblade are made by the same people or factory or something like that aren't they? And yep, I've heard that they are a bit tricky getting up and running ( the instructions aren't that flash and are tough to follow I'm told) but once you get the basics happening its pretty schmick.
Theres a program ( the name escapes me right now) that you can download that makes it easier to use your fonts and doesn't require you to convert images to GSD files to be able to use them.

The Disney cartridges are really cool.... :) My boss at the scrap store is getting them for the shop cricut and I'm going to borrow hers seeing as I'm not getting that machine.

I think they're still on back-order along with my crop-a-dile, that I'm looking forward to having in my hot little hands.

I finally bought a circle scissor the other day - I've been hanging out for the new pink one with the extra doo-dads but I decided that the old school one would be more what I need anyway.
Yay, no more tracing around plates/mugs/mixing bowls and hand cutting.
:)

~ Lisa ~

mushu mama
Annual Pass
Annual Pass

Postby mushu mama » Sat May 19, 2007 9:16 pm

Who'd have thought that one could get another 15 minutes from the same piece of fame? :D

same photo... different blog..
http://helenwilliams.typepad.com/pieces_of_me/

I had to laugh about her comment about the average woman being about 5'5". ..and that we made her feel short....

I am only 5' 3" and a bit - just illustrates how high those heels that I wear actually are..... :roll:
its laughable that I made ANYONE feel short.

These two women are my absolute scrapping heroes... I was just chuffed to meet and be taught by them.

~ Lisa ~
Last edited by mushu mama on Sun May 20, 2007 7:13 am, edited 1 time in total.

sandie
Annual Pass
Annual Pass

Postby sandie » Sat May 19, 2007 10:09 pm

Cool - I would be the same if I met Becky Higgins.

mushu mama
Annual Pass
Annual Pass

Postby mushu mama » Sun May 20, 2007 7:19 am

Yep... Becky Higgins has some great ideas. Her sketches have saved the day lots of times when scrappers block hits.... :)

~ Lisa ~

kuchnie Czeladź

Return to “Scrapbooking”