Down Under Disneyana Australian Disney Forum-Down Under Disneyana – Australia's premiere Disney fan site

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the Register link to proceed.

April Scrap Challenge

sandie
Annual Pass
Annual Pass

April Scrap Challenge

Postby sandie » Sun Mar 28, 2010 8:22 pm

You need to scrap something you miss about Disney when you are not doing something Disney - Anthony get Ros and teh girls scrapping!

Sandie

ajp
Annual Pass
Annual Pass

Re: April Scrap Challenge

Postby ajp » Mon Mar 29, 2010 2:22 pm

I know there's a marathon event planned for sometime during the upcoming school holidays, so I'm sure that they'll be able to accommodate the challenge comfortably.
2023 Disneyland, Walt Disney World, Disney Cruise Lines - Disney Wish. Going to be awesome to be back!

mushu mama
Annual Pass
Annual Pass

Postby mushu mama » Wed Mar 31, 2010 7:34 pm

ok.. .cool...

Have given April's challenge a lot of thought, and am going to attempt something I haven't done before... a photoless LO.

Also on my April Scrapping agenda:
2 x Design Team LO's
A 'Soarin' Lo
A 'Tiki Room' Lo.
A Melbourne Cup LO
3 x other holiday LO's.
A Teenager LO.

Phew... good thing I like scrapping. :wink:

Lisa.
1999- Tokyo DL, 2008- DLR/Cal Adventure, 2012-DLR/Cal Adventure, 2013-Tokyo DLand/Sea, 2014-DLR/Cal Adventure, 2015- Paris DL, 2016 - WDW/Disneycruise , upcoming - May 2018 - HongKong DL

mushu mama
Annual Pass
Annual Pass

Postby mushu mama » Wed Apr 14, 2010 5:02 pm

how's everyone's April challenge going?

I've done the journalling for my photoless LO, and thought I'd share it here... I am half finished the background it is to go on. (I've also got through about a third of the list of othe LO's for April )

so here it is:

What I miss about Disney when I am not there :
"Being almost two years now since I set foot on Disney soil, there are a stunning array of things I miss about Disney.
The biggest things I miss though are the little things that stir your senses.
* I miss the rush of waiting in line outside the gates to go inside, your insides bubbling with delight with the thought of what lays ahead.
* I miss the assault on my ears from the endlessly themed music that follows you at each and every step that I only notice when it is not there.
* I miss the wafting scent of delicacies from bakeries, waffle shops, bbq grills, bubbling pots of gumbo and carts churning out churros by the dozen for peckish punters with black ears on their heads.
* I miss the search for the perfect ears on the first day and then succumbing to multiple other pairs - just because - on subsequent days.
* I miss the building of excited expectation finding the perfect photo vantage point for parades, shows and fireworks.
* I miss the shocking bang of the fireworks that hits your chest and leaves your breathless as the night sky lights up with magic.
* I miss the retail buzz of picking out items from hundreds of contenders that will forever bring you back to that moment in your twilight years.
* I miss that moment when you beam into the camera lens with your favourite Disney star right beside you knowing that very second is being captured for you to admire always.
* I miss the blast of air in your face as the ride takes flight and you are launched into another reality for a few exhilarating moments.
* I miss the involuntary glee ( or perhaps …scream) when that ride turns a corner, takes a dive or drops into nothingness , the feeling that still has a hold of you as you step out of your seat.
* I miss the touches of Walt, still there for the world to share, sprinkled everywhere …. His legacy, a world dedicated to happiness and delightful surprises.
* I even miss the dread as you walk through those hallowed turnstiles for the last time… and I’ll tell you why….

I miss so many things about visiting a Disney property, but this tale has a happy ending after all ( as was Walts want) because I can go from ‘missing visiting’ to ‘anticipating visiting‘, and all the emotions that come between in the blink of an eye. And the magic starts all over again. "
1999- Tokyo DL, 2008- DLR/Cal Adventure, 2012-DLR/Cal Adventure, 2013-Tokyo DLand/Sea, 2014-DLR/Cal Adventure, 2015- Paris DL, 2016 - WDW/Disneycruise , upcoming - May 2018 - HongKong DL

kuchnie Czeladź

Return to “Scrapbooking”