Down Under Disneyana Australian Disney Forum-Down Under Disneyana – Australia's premiere Disney fan site

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the Register link to proceed.

I need to scrap!

alice in wonderland
C Ticket
C Ticket

I need to scrap!

Postby alice in wonderland » Sun Jan 03, 2010 9:02 pm

Girls i feel that i need help!!! it is now 15 months and i have not scrapped any of Matildas life!!!!!

I did a class at a local shop for a xmas pressie from jmy sister...it was 10 double layouts in 4 hrs...i was exhausted it is pretty simpl e but a start i guess...

i really need to get a move on...i have so many ideas for albums and pages ect but i just never get around to anything. I am doing to many projects at the moment...

1. matilda's birth sampler is half finished (havent touched it since she was born)
2. i am doing apliques on t-shirts (mickeys of course)
3. trying to scrap

Are you girls still scraping...i need inspirationa nd motivation Sandie and LIsa!!!!
I have no holidays planned to disney for a while....how depressing...i will just have to live through all your adventures!

mushu mama
Annual Pass
Annual Pass

Re: I need to scrap!

Postby mushu mama » Sun Jan 03, 2010 10:13 pm

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Not a day goes by and I don't do some kind of scrap related task.

I am now also on my Local Scrapping Shop design team so that is extra pages I wouldn't necessarily have done, every other month. Fun though, I get free stuff.... :wink:

Ok, well, I am not a chronological scrapper... I buy the paper and then find the perfect shots to match the theme/colour/feel of the project. The ONLY thing I scrap right away is Christmas... not sure why, probably because there are just so many to scrap.
So, I can only give you advice from where I scrap from.
For instance, this Christmas I loved the Websters Pages range, and because I am spreading it over 6 pages, have bought all the papers from the one range so co ordination is a breeze and I don't have to think about the colours being a bit off or the patterns fighting each other. I only buy the 'add ons' if I can think of a way to use them while I am standing in the store.. otherwise I never use them. Invest in stamps ( Ask Sandie about Stampin Up stamps, they have some lovely ones) I am a HUGE fan of stamping because it is an economical way to add a flourish or different touch without it costing you $8 for a one off... its reusable and the vast range of inks are astounding. I also am a huge fan of the Tim Holtz inks, ( both alcohol and distress - my current obession) I quite seriously use them on every page.

If you want to speed-scrap through certain events that have a large number of photos ( birthdays etc) then choose a colour scheme and stick to it for the whole album... you can either use the same LO for the whole album ( which cuts down of think time) or you can use the same papers or cardstock but in different configurations. I tend to do each page completely different so it costs me considerably more in both time and money. I am not a speed scrapper by any stretch. And if it makes you feel better, I've been scrapping for 10 years now and I am yet to scrap A SINGLE baby photos and my kids are 15 and 18....

I have SO much to scrap that I plan a set of pages and don't deviate from them till I plan another set. ( 1 for each kid, 1 family, 1 USA trip, 1 Disneyland, 1 'old' occasion, then I start the whole rotation again) I choose, print and file all the photos in separate 12 x 12 zip lock bags for each project and then first check my stash for appropriate papers/accents/stamps/stickers. Then I make a list of what else I need for the whole rotation. Then when I finish all those LO's I start the whole thing again, that way, each album gets added to regularly. I'm not sure I'll ever catch up because my kids were half grown when i started, but I scrap A LOT, so who knows.
Oh, and when those inspirations strike, draw them or write down what you were thinking straight away cos I guarantee, when you are standing there looking for paper and bits and bobs, the whole thing will be a blank in you head.

My scrapping is the ONLY thing I organise to this extent :wink:

Hope that helps,.... Sandie, I'm sure will have lot of different tips as well, she is way way more organised than me, so she is sure to have some great system in place to tackle a 'catch up'.

Lisa. */
1999- Tokyo DL, 2008- DLR/Cal Adventure, 2012-DLR/Cal Adventure, 2013-Tokyo DLand/Sea, 2014-DLR/Cal Adventure, 2015- Paris DL, 2016 - WDW/Disneycruise , upcoming - May 2018 - HongKong DL

alice in wonderland
C Ticket
C Ticket

Postby alice in wonderland » Mon Jan 04, 2010 9:38 pm

Here is what i have been doing...at least it is some kind of craft

I have no holidays planned to disney for a while....how depressing...i will just have to live through all your adventures!

mushu mama
Annual Pass
Annual Pass

Postby mushu mama » Mon Jan 04, 2010 11:08 pm

Cute... :D

Lisa. */
1999- Tokyo DL, 2008- DLR/Cal Adventure, 2012-DLR/Cal Adventure, 2013-Tokyo DLand/Sea, 2014-DLR/Cal Adventure, 2015- Paris DL, 2016 - WDW/Disneycruise , upcoming - May 2018 - HongKong DL

churros
Annual Pass
Annual Pass

Postby churros » Tue Jan 05, 2010 7:27 am

When Jacob was given his trip to Disneyland by Make-A-Wish in 2005, I bought a heap of scrapping stuff in the park and have completed the grand total of 1 page. So I think 15 mths is not too bad Jess.

Paper crafts have never been really big with me although I tackled card making and embossing for awhile but I was big on embroidery and cross-stitch but have not touched it in years and I have teenagers who are supposed to be slightly more independent than Matilda.

sandie
Annual Pass
Annual Pass

Postby sandie » Tue Jan 05, 2010 5:01 pm

Lisa - Jess and I had a Facebook chat last night and we think we should re-introduce the challenges - want to go first? The three of us can take turns or maybe 4 when Ros gets back.

Sandie

mushu mama
Annual Pass
Annual Pass

Postby mushu mama » Tue Jan 05, 2010 7:06 pm

Brilliant idea... I'm in....

when do you want to start?

Lisa. -/

alice in wonderland
C Ticket
C Ticket

Postby alice in wonderland » Tue Jan 05, 2010 8:52 pm

Hey Girls...Maybe we could do a christmas layout....??? I am keen to get started!
thanks for the help and advice my disney pals!

mushu mama
Annual Pass
Annual Pass

Postby mushu mama » Tue Jan 05, 2010 11:09 pm

Christmas is fine with me, so I guess seeing as we are at the start of the month, we can say Christmas is the January theme.
Same deal as last time? or do you just want to post the photos directly here? Proabably just as easy.

Come to think of it, I have a few Christmas photos from Tokyo (10 1/2 year ago!) that still need to be scrapped, so that might motivate me to finish that album.

Mine will only probably be up mid to late in the month, I've just been given a new DT Lo to finish asap, and have just begun my 2009 Christmas scrapping which I will try and finish all one after the other while I am in the mindset. Then the Disney Christmas one. It'll give me a chance to test drive my Christmas toy ... a negative/slide converter... as all my Tokyo shots are film and I haven't been able to manipulate any of the photos digitally before. Yay! am looking forward to this . -/ My mind is ticking over ideas all ready :D

Of course, anyone and everyone on the forum is welcome to join in... the more the merrier, ( Keith weren't you doing something scrap related a while back?) If anyone else wishs to take part in the challenge, just jump on in :D .

( bit general info for those that might not have been here on the last round of challenges: We choose a Disney theme - doesn't have to be park, can be Disney at home etc.... and then scrap a single or double page, take a photos and share it with the group here in this thread - or the challenge thread for the month. If you wish, you can also give a little background info to the page - products used, who/what/where/when... that sort of thing.

Just another way to share the magic.

Lisa. */

sandie
Annual Pass
Annual Pass

Postby sandie » Thu Jan 07, 2010 12:36 pm

and when you have finished it then you email it to myself or Lisa and we will post it for you!

Sandie

kuchnie Czeladź

Return to “Scrapbooking”