Down Under Disneyana Australian Disney Forum-Down Under Disneyana – Australia's premiere Disney fan site

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the Register link to proceed.

Pre Christmas Challenge

sandie
Annual Pass
Annual Pass

Pre Christmas Challenge

Postby sandie » Tue Nov 18, 2008 7:14 pm

Our challenges have died a slow death!!!

Are you planning a special Christmas project? A decoration? Home made cards? A Christmas layout?

Email Lisa (Mushu) or me and we will post it for you!

Sandie

churros
Annual Pass
Annual Pass

Re: Pre Christmas Challenge

Postby churros » Tue Nov 18, 2008 9:07 pm

In past years I have done a cookie swap where a group of friends bake around 3 dozen delights, we sample, award prizes and take home a range. I'm not sure I'm motivated this year. Must be that post-park malaise!

However I am looking forward to finding places to display my new Christmas treasures. Lisa did you buy any Christmas decos in your travels?

This weekend is the big preparation weekend when everything gets packed away, the place is cleaned all in readiness for the following weekend when everything Christmas comes out! It's a lot of work but I can't wait!

But none of this has anything to do with scrapbooking! I just wanted to talk about Christmas! :lol:

mushu mama
Annual Pass
Annual Pass

Re: Pre Christmas Challenge

Postby mushu mama » Thu Nov 27, 2008 4:53 pm

In past years I have done a cookie swap where a group of friends bake around 3 dozen delights, we sample, award prizes and take home a range.
that sounds fantastic. Not got time for that this year either. I've been doing some rediculous hours (making hay while the sun shines - my work between now and C'mas is all but non existant so skid row here we come again)
and haven't had time to think about too much other than my friday night scraps and work.

Lisa did you buy any Christmas decos in your travels?
YEP -/ lots ... and they will all be coming out of their tissue paper tomorrow (this is currently my weekend) when I put up the Christmas stuff.

I alway have a theme for my tree/house for C'mas and this year is no exception.
Heres a shortened version.

Black Tree
All the US decos.
redneck lights ( bullet cases with lights in them) couldn't resist them on my trip.... providing I can get a converter to plug them in.
.....(and here comes the scrapping content) ....

I'm turning a huge amount of my 3000 photos into decos for the tree. I'm using patterned paper - some Disney inspired, some not, to cover chipboard ( various sizes but all round) and then putting photos on both sides, mod podging them and then using my jewelery know-how to attach crystals and beads to the bottoms. Then I will be using various stamps (lettering/numbers for the 'where/when') and other ones to fit the content of the photos to stamp glue on and then using flocking to make them furry. After than I add kindy glitz and/or glitter to some of them as well. Should keep me busy between now and C'mas I think... I'm also planning to make some Christmas cards too.... :shock: how many weeks are there again? :shock:

Any one else got scrapping plans for their Christmas decorating?

Lisa.

PS: if I ever get back online :evil: I'll put some photos of the decos in my album... stay tuned.

And I've scrapped HEAPS of my Disney photos already so that will be added one day too.... Sigh... I'm dying without the internet.
1999- Tokyo DL, 2008- DLR/Cal Adventure, 2012-DLR/Cal Adventure, 2013-Tokyo DLand/Sea, 2014-DLR/Cal Adventure, 2015- Paris DL, 2016 - WDW/Disneycruise , upcoming - May 2018 - HongKong DL

kuchnie Czeladź

Return to “Scrapbooking”