Down Under Disneyana Australian Disney Forum-Down Under Disneyana – Australia's premiere Disney fan site

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the Register link to proceed.

Strangest thing happened ...

ajp
Annual Pass
Annual Pass

Strangest thing happened ...

Postby ajp » Sun Oct 19, 2008 8:06 pm

Before I start, a disclaimer. I'm not turning. I'm not scrapping, but I thought this was the appropriate spot to post this.

During the week last week, I had a call from someone looking for some video conversion. Small job, so I said to come around on Sunday and we'll sort it out (Sunday because I played Golf Friday and Saturday).

Anyway, Ros and her usual scrapping gang lobbed at our house this weekend, so I came home to the proverbial scrapping bomb site.

So this lady knocks on the door, I answer, invite her in, and apologise for the state of the place, due to the scrapbooking going on in my dining room.

AND THAT WAS IT.

She yells out, and I quote "Oh my god scrapbooking. I love scrapbooking, it is my passion, I live for it." She spent the next 5 minutes talking with the ladies. Anyway, we sorted out the business, hurriedly of course, so she could go back out and talk with them more. She was there another 10 minutes or so, and by the time she left, she had pretty well invited herself to join their little group, as "she doesn't have any friends. Oh, none that scrap anyway". They didn't mind of course, she seemed nice and would fit in well with this lot too.

So what turned out to be an innocuous small video job, has allowed this lady to find a bunch of new friends that scrap, and marathon scrap too. Not just Midday to midnight stuff. We're talking Friday afternoon to Sunday evening stuff - when they can anyway, which isn't too often.

I'll include her blog site anyway, if you're interested in seeing someone else's work.

http://www.scraplee.blogspot.com
2023 Disneyland, Walt Disney World, Disney Cruise Lines - Disney Wish. Going to be awesome to be back!

sandie
Annual Pass
Annual Pass

Re: Strangest thing happened ...

Postby sandie » Mon Oct 20, 2008 8:31 pm

See - we are everywhere......... :twisted:

mushu mama
Annual Pass
Annual Pass

Re: Strangest thing happened ...

Postby mushu mama » Fri Oct 24, 2008 2:24 pm

Disclaimer? Are you sure you haven't joined the ranks? :wink:

Lisa.
1999- Tokyo DL, 2008- DLR/Cal Adventure, 2012-DLR/Cal Adventure, 2013-Tokyo DLand/Sea, 2014-DLR/Cal Adventure, 2015- Paris DL, 2016 - WDW/Disneycruise , upcoming - May 2018 - HongKong DL

kuchnie Czeladź

Return to “Scrapbooking”