Down Under Disneyana Australian Disney Forum-Down Under Disneyana – Australia's premiere Disney fan site

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the Register link to proceed.

July Scrap Challenge

mushu mama
Annual Pass
Annual Pass

July Scrap Challenge

Postby mushu mama » Thu Jul 10, 2008 11:04 am

anyone up for a July Challenge?

I thought that seeing as its only the 10th and we have a scrapping photo album set up again (thanks Greg) that maybe we should get back into our scrap challenges ..... and the fact that I have so many photos to scrap now wouldn't have anything to do with it :wink:

So here it comes....

This month I thought we might tackle Disney Transportation. eg: the horse drawn carriage, the old cars/buses that ply Main Street, The Disney Rail system, The monorail, anything that moves you from A to B in the Disney world. If you don't have those kinds of photos, then what about a Disney toy car or maybe an item that you have that is Disney that lives in your car ( and I know there are a few of you that have that stuff) like mickey icon fluffy dice hanging from your mirror.

The usual stuff - email a photo to either Sandie or I and we will upload them into the scrapping file in the photo gallery off the front page.
Please be sure to say something about the DUD scrap challenge in your subject line of the email.

Happy scrapping. -/

Lisa :cat:
1999- Tokyo DL, 2008- DLR/Cal Adventure, 2012-DLR/Cal Adventure, 2013-Tokyo DLand/Sea, 2014-DLR/Cal Adventure, 2015- Paris DL, 2016 - WDW/Disneycruise , upcoming - May 2018 - HongKong DL

sandie
Annual Pass
Annual Pass

Re: July Scrap Challenge

Postby sandie » Thu Jul 10, 2008 5:40 pm

Maybe a July challenge????

alice in wonderland
C Ticket
C Ticket

Postby alice in wonderland » Thu Jul 10, 2008 6:04 pm

Yeah count me in!!!!! i was wondering when it would start again.

So does the cruise ship count as transport???? -/ -/ hahhaah
I have no holidays planned to disney for a while....how depressing...i will just have to live through all your adventures!

mushu mama
Annual Pass
Annual Pass

Postby mushu mama » Thu Jul 10, 2008 7:32 pm

Ok, so what if we make this challenge last until the end of July to give everyone a little extra time to get back into the groove? That way, we might have more Layouts to display and give Sandie more time to tackle the newsletter as well as a LO if she wants.

I know that I photographed everything that moved and lots of stuff that would like to so I will have more than enough photos to keep me going till then.
I especially like my monorail ones so I'm starting with them, then moving onto the carriage, the bus, the old car (forgive me - I don't know what it is)the fire engine, the shuttle buses and of course Walts trains.

Looking forward to seeing everyones LO's...

Lisa. */
1999- Tokyo DL, 2008- DLR/Cal Adventure, 2012-DLR/Cal Adventure, 2013-Tokyo DLand/Sea, 2014-DLR/Cal Adventure, 2015- Paris DL, 2016 - WDW/Disneycruise , upcoming - May 2018 - HongKong DL

ajp
Annual Pass
Annual Pass

Postby ajp » Thu Jul 10, 2008 9:08 pm

Lisa I think Sandie's comment of "Maybe a July challenge????" is saying to you that given today is July 10th, then perhaps it's a little late for a June challenge. I'm glad you've given everyone until the end of July :shock:
2023 Disneyland, Walt Disney World, Disney Cruise Lines - Disney Wish. Going to be awesome to be back!

mushu mama
Annual Pass
Annual Pass

Postby mushu mama » Thu Jul 10, 2008 10:39 pm

June Challenge? who said anything about a June Challenge?.... :wink:

:oops: :oops:

Oh Boy... all I can say is ' a little Less tequila Lisa....'

I love this cosmic power of the edit button though.

My generosity with the extra time was impressive too huh?

Sheesh.... :roll: Ok....

Starting again. :D

Anyone up for a mini July Challenge?
you have till the end of July ( this month so I'm led to believe), just follow the instructions above.

Better? :wink:

Lisa. :cat: :cat: :cat:

ajp
Annual Pass
Annual Pass

Postby ajp » Thu Jul 10, 2008 10:47 pm

That sounds better. But really, you want it to be June so you'd still be at Disneyland, don't you. You're excused for that.
2023 Disneyland, Walt Disney World, Disney Cruise Lines - Disney Wish. Going to be awesome to be back!

mushu mama
Annual Pass
Annual Pass

Postby mushu mama » Thu Jul 10, 2008 10:55 pm

ok... yep, I like your excuse better...

or it might have something to do with the fact that I have the laptop screen set up less than an inch from the PC screen and am working on both keyboards at the same time with some frustration involving touch pads and trying to make my laptop cursor move by moving the mouse attached to the PC. :roll:
Its almost Stargate time -/ -/ -/ ( favourite show of the week) and then I might return to the task of burning those 3000 photos (that I am having to burn ONE BY IRRITATING ONE) thanks to the annoyingly difficult program on the laptop that refuses to do the whole folder in one go. :evil:

Its taking me eons to get the process done.
The silver lining is that I suppose I'm getting to revisit the whole holiday in detail.

Lisa.

ajp
Annual Pass
Annual Pass

Postby ajp » Fri Jul 11, 2008 8:59 am

Lisa, it's quite likely the reason that you're unable to burn the whole folder in one go is that there are too many photos in the folder and they won't fit on the disk. One way to check is, highlight all the photos and down the bottom of the screen see how much space total you've highlighted. If it exceeds around 700-750mb (for a CD) then they won't fit. Highlight enough photos to get to that amount and burn away. I reckon that might be your problem. If you're using a DVD the space will be around 4GB.

Another way to work it out is this. Assuming you used a camera of around 10MegaPixel, your photos will be around 5MB each in size. That means that you'll only fit around 140-150 photos on a CD (0r around 800 on a DVD).

Better than doing 1 at a time.

mushu mama
Annual Pass
Annual Pass

Postby mushu mama » Fri Jul 11, 2008 9:30 am

Thanks Anthony... it would appear yoda and padwan have swapped roles for the moment. :D

I figured out pretty quick that I couldn't fit the whole folder onto the disk, but the rotten thing won't let me highlight more than one photo at a time... and believe me, I've tried everything I can think of to make it highlight a group of photos to then burn as a whole, but it just won't let me. So for the moment I am wading through them one by one in my spare time.
I was supposed to be having today off( the last day off till next Tuesday :evil: ) but am working most of the day again so there goes todays thought of concentrating on getting them all backed up and safe.
I am having to put them onto CD-RW rather than regular ones as they are the only ones that my PC will allow me to read once they are burned. Not sure why that is, but its always been the same. So CD-R and DVD anything are out unfortunately, so I'm stuck with no more space than the 700mb.

I'll get there, but its proving slow and labourious. Oh well.... :roll:

Of course, any handy hints will always be appreciated. I've obviously missed something in the program cos I can't imagine that it doesn't have a 'highlight multiples' option somewhere.

Lisa.

sandie
Annual Pass
Annual Pass

Postby sandie » Sun Jul 20, 2008 11:22 am

I actually have a whole afternoon with nothing on so I will do my challenge page today!!! Of course my basket at work where I sell handmade cards is also empty so i better make some cards as well - thats next years spending money!

Sandie

mushu mama
Annual Pass
Annual Pass

Postby mushu mama » Sun Jul 20, 2008 10:13 pm

So did you get your LO done Sandie? :)

I'm doing mine for the challenge this week sometime - probably Wednesday on my day off.

I finished a LO of my nephew with his Disneyland pressies at Friday night scrap and put it on Two Peas like we were doing when we had the temp forum. One of these days I'll set up an album for my scrapping on here too but for now if you want to take a look, here's the link.

http://www.twopeasinabucket.com/pg.asp? ... id=1371441

sandie
Annual Pass
Annual Pass

Postby sandie » Mon Jul 21, 2008 5:55 pm

I have no transport photos :cry:

Is the Jungle Cruise applicable?

Sandie

mushu mama
Annual Pass
Annual Pass

Postby mushu mama » Mon Jul 21, 2008 6:14 pm

Sure... that'll work. :D

I'm going to do the monorail shots.

Lisa.

mushu mama
Annual Pass
Annual Pass

Postby mushu mama » Fri Aug 01, 2008 2:43 pm

How did you go with your July LO Sandie? I am finishing mine off tonight at scrap night and then will post it in the gallery over the weekend sometime.
It'll be the first of the trip photo's scrapped... sheesh... only about 2989 to go... :roll:

Lisa. :cat:

kuchnie Czeladź

Return to “Scrapbooking”