Down Under Disneyana Australian Disney Forum-Down Under Disneyana – Australia's premiere Disney fan site

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the Register link to proceed.

Scrapping 3000 photos

mushu mama
Annual Pass
Annual Pass

Scrapping 3000 photos

Postby mushu mama » Sat Jun 21, 2008 9:24 pm

Ok, well I have come home with almost 3000 photos to scrap. :shock:

Any tips for organising and scrapping that quantity of photos Sandie? I've never taken anywhere near that many of the same theme before.

Lisa
1999- Tokyo DL, 2008- DLR/Cal Adventure, 2012-DLR/Cal Adventure, 2013-Tokyo DLand/Sea, 2014-DLR/Cal Adventure, 2015- Paris DL, 2016 - WDW/Disneycruise , upcoming - May 2018 - HongKong DL

ajp
Annual Pass
Annual Pass

Re: Scrapping 3000 photos

Postby ajp » Sat Jun 21, 2008 9:54 pm

3000 photos hey? At 6 seconds a photo, that's about 2 DVDs worth ...
2023 Disneyland, Walt Disney World, Disney Cruise Lines - Disney Wish. Going to be awesome to be back!

alice in wonderland
C Ticket
C Ticket

Postby alice in wonderland » Sat Jun 21, 2008 10:07 pm

Hi Lisa

I have the same problem. I came home with 4000 photos. i had no idea where to start! SO far i have just done a few pages like title pages etc. I have know idea!!!!! i wanted to get them all done before october as i am having a baby and then i guess all i will do is scrap the baby. My problem is i have photos of DCL, WDW and DL.
Jess
I have no holidays planned to disney for a while....how depressing...i will just have to live through all your adventures!

mushu mama
Annual Pass
Annual Pass

Postby mushu mama » Sat Jun 21, 2008 10:34 pm

Hi Lisa

i wanted to get them all done before october as i am having a baby and then i guess all i will do is scrap the baby.
Jess
Take it from one who knows... yep, once that baby gets here, the camera will melt down.

And on top of that, you won't have a lot of time to scrap for a while. My sister that had a baby Christmas eve last year, has only just gotten to a stage where she can do some scrapping again. She wanted to scrap... there just wasn't time.

so if you do 1000 a month you will be out of the woods... :D

Lisa.
1999- Tokyo DL, 2008- DLR/Cal Adventure, 2012-DLR/Cal Adventure, 2013-Tokyo DLand/Sea, 2014-DLR/Cal Adventure, 2015- Paris DL, 2016 - WDW/Disneycruise , upcoming - May 2018 - HongKong DL

mushu mama
Annual Pass
Annual Pass

Postby mushu mama » Sat Jun 21, 2008 10:47 pm

3000 photos hey? At 6 seconds a photo, that's about 2 DVDs worth ...
yep, but if I sorted the stinkers from the keepers, it'd be a little less than that I'd wager.
I tend to take a million photos of the same thing in case I capture 'the shot' without noticing at the time. I took who knows how many Castle shots and I think there are only a couple I like.
I love the dark castle shot with the fireworks ... thats one of my favourite of the trip. And it was one of those one where I had it set on continuous frames and just held down the shutter. On either side of that shot were probably 4 or five that were useless due to lack of lighting or the fact that I didn't have a tripod and they were just blur.

They're still going to take some scrapping.

Lisa.

sandie
Annual Pass
Annual Pass

Postby sandie » Sun Jun 22, 2008 11:09 am

Ok - Take it from Sandie.........

Go to the reject shop and buy yourself 10 cheap albums that all look the same. Start putting all your photos in order from the beginning. I also make index cards to go in each section. eg our last trip had an index card for each date and the photos from that day went after that card. if something special happened like a trip to the first KFC it got its own index card after its date card. I have 11 albums - each holding 600 photos. I can now take out the day or event i want to scrap and my family and friends can still look at the other photos whilst they are in waiting stages!

I also got a hanging suspension file with a folder for each of teh 45 days we were away - this is where memoribilia goes so i can get it out when I am scrapping that day.

Now its almost 12 months later (shocker!!!!!!!!) two of my reject albums are empty. I still have 9 full cheap albums but also two pink leather chatterbox albums full of nicely scrapped pages excepting one layout I am not happy with and need to redo (Know that feeling girls?). Some pages I have scrapped out of order (normally I go chronologically) and these are stored in a 3 ring 12x12 folder till teh album is ready for them.

One last time saver is the c-line scrap page protectors - there are the side flip ones the 12x24 ones and the shutter ones. These let you scrap an event where you may have lots of pages. the 12x24 ones end up giving you 6 12x12 layouts! check them out at
http://www.c-lineproducts.com/product_c ... ba1d0aaae4

Hard to get in Australia but mousememories.com will order them in for you - I recently bought 10 packs of each type.

Sandie

kuchnie Czeladź

Return to “Scrapbooking”