Down Under Disneyana Australian Disney Forum-Down Under Disneyana – Australia's premiere Disney fan site

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the Register link to proceed.

DUD March Scrapbooking Challenge

sandie
Annual Pass
Annual Pass

DUD March Scrapbooking Challenge

Postby sandie » Sat Mar 01, 2008 10:50 am

We all end up with memoribilia - whether its park admission tickets, birthday invitations or confetti from a Disney Parade.

Your challenge - should you chose to accept it is - create a layout with a piece of memoribilia on it!

Thats it - so easy! Go for it!

Sandie

p.s. remember you can email it to eith Mushu Mama (Lisa ) or myself and we will upload it for you.

ajp
Annual Pass
Annual Pass

Postby ajp » Mon Mar 03, 2008 10:14 am

I was told yesterday that I'm going to need to find something to amuse myself over the Easter weekend due to a planned scrapbooking marathon. Glad that footy will have started as well as the golf courses should be light on.

Anyway, I reckon that the March challenge should be a shoe-in for Ros, as I think she has already started a couple of these. Once they're done I'll create my regular online album for sharing and uploading!

A question I know I'll get asked, are we happy to have other parks (eg Universal or Sea World) as well as a Disney park?
2023 Disneyland, Walt Disney World, Disney Cruise Lines - Disney Wish. Going to be awesome to be back!

sandie
Annual Pass
Annual Pass

Postby sandie » Mon Mar 03, 2008 2:54 pm

I think the more pages we get the better so I am happy to keep it a bit broad.

How 'bout you Lisa?

Sandie

mushu mama
Annual Pass
Annual Pass

Postby mushu mama » Mon Mar 03, 2008 11:35 pm

Yep thats fine with me too. The more pages the better.

I'll upload my Feb LO when I am able.

~ Lisa ~
1999- Tokyo DL, 2008- DLR/Cal Adventure, 2012-DLR/Cal Adventure, 2013-Tokyo DLand/Sea, 2014-DLR/Cal Adventure, 2015- Paris DL, 2016 - WDW/Disneycruise , upcoming - May 2018 - HongKong DL

alice in wonderland
C Ticket
C Ticket

Postby alice in wonderland » Thu Mar 06, 2008 4:49 pm

Hi guys

sorry it has been a while.. And what do you know i missed the meeting again. i think i am going to make sure i am at the tokyo one...even though i am not going on the trip..i have already been to tokyo though.

I am back from my big disneytrip and i returned taking over 4000 photos. We also got the photopass cd whihc has 380 photos on it.

So now i need to scrap..... i dont know where to start. i have plenty of memorabilia so hopefully this challenge gets me motivated.

Oh and i forgot to mention, we came home with a precious disney souvenier...We are 10 weeks pregnant!!!! so i definately need to get this whole trip scrapped before October
I have no holidays planned to disney for a while....how depressing...i will just have to live through all your adventures!

mushu mama
Annual Pass
Annual Pass

Postby mushu mama » Thu Mar 06, 2008 9:10 pm

Welcome back Jess. :)

Looking forward to seeing some of those 4000 photos on pages in our scrapping challenge or your album. :)

Both you and Sandie have taken wheelbarrow loads of photos - quick question - how do you guys store all those photos while you are tripping around? Do you have a portable photo storage thingo's ( forgot what they are called :)), do you just buy more and more SD cards or do you have them burnt onto CD's as you go and then wipe them from the camera?
I'm taking my laptop so am just planning to download them each day onto that and burn a disk of them each day.
Oh and i forgot to mention, we came home with a precious disney souvenier...We are 10 weeks pregnant!!!!
Congratulations :)

~ Lisa ~
1999- Tokyo DL, 2008- DLR/Cal Adventure, 2012-DLR/Cal Adventure, 2013-Tokyo DLand/Sea, 2014-DLR/Cal Adventure, 2015- Paris DL, 2016 - WDW/Disneycruise , upcoming - May 2018 - HongKong DL

alice in wonderland
C Ticket
C Ticket

Postby alice in wonderland » Thu Mar 06, 2008 10:07 pm

i am glad to be back.

I just bought an 8 gig card and it all fit onto it. i was goingto take a laptop but with all the other crap i took i thought it would just be a hass.

are you going to do the photo pass cd???
I have no holidays planned to disney for a while....how depressing...i will just have to live through all your adventures!

mushu mama
Annual Pass
Annual Pass

Postby mushu mama » Thu Mar 06, 2008 10:54 pm

They have cards that hold 4000 photo's? :shock:

My digital is a tiny point n' shoot that does an ok job but won't be up to Disneyland. One of my closest friends is a professional photographer and has offered her second digi SLR (and lenses) to me for the trip -/
I'm looking forward to having such a great camera to play with.
I still love my film SLR for its lenses/filters and the clarity and quality of the shots but I rarely use it now unless I'm having a go at something fancy.

I'm really taking the laptop so I can keep in regular contact with my teenage kids. But having it will allow me to store/burn photos so I am not as likely to lose them thanks to a mishap.

I probably will do the photo pass thing as well though, just so I can prove I was in Disneyland with a couple of shots with me in them. :) I'd feel a little wary of handing over my friends pro camera to a total stranger.
~ Lisa ~

churros
Annual Pass
Annual Pass

Postby churros » Fri Mar 07, 2008 2:06 pm

OK Sandie I'm in on this months challenge. How do I upload the photo?

mushu mama
Annual Pass
Annual Pass

Postby mushu mama » Fri Mar 07, 2008 2:52 pm

First up... I LOVE WITH A CAPITAL L your new avatar.... amazing.... -/

If you know where I can get a moving Mushu just let me know ok?

Secondly, about the challenges.... both Sandie and I have passwords to the scrapping gallery so just email your photo to either of us and we will upload it into the file.

Also, for your other Disney/trip LO's that aren't for the challenges then you can set up a personal album and add them to that ( and I'm sure we'll be seeing some great stuff in Jess's after her huge trip :) ) along with trip photos

hope that helps.

~ Lisa ~

churros
Annual Pass
Annual Pass

Postby churros » Fri Mar 07, 2008 2:59 pm

Thanks and I'll keep an eye-out for an avatar for you!

sandie
Annual Pass
Annual Pass

Postby sandie » Fri Mar 07, 2008 5:39 pm

back on the photo storage I have a 2gig card which holds about 1800 high quality photos but I still needed to download twice and Peter has a smaller card so he downloaded heaps.

My employer has just started salary sacrificing laptops so we will be buying one before our next trip

Sandie

mushu mama
Annual Pass
Annual Pass

Postby mushu mama » Sun Mar 16, 2008 8:16 am

I've just uploaded my first March page (its a triple pager - I'll upload the others as I finish them) into the scrapping challenge folder in the gallery. I'm putting all the maps/guides/ticket stubs and that kind of stuff into vellum pockets and then onto cardstock.

I've also finally uploaded my Feb challenge photos as well - We loved Minnie's Mouse House so thats what I chose to scrap for the Lerve Challenge last month.

How's everyone elses' coming along? :)

~ Lisa ~

mushu mama
Annual Pass
Annual Pass

Postby mushu mama » Sun Mar 16, 2008 3:11 pm

Just uploaded Churros' March Challenge page into the scrappers gallery.

Great job , :D

I wish I'd had a trip to the 50th to scrap tickets for.

And great to have you join in our merry band of scrappers.

~ Lisa ~

sandie
Annual Pass
Annual Pass

Postby sandie » Wed Mar 26, 2008 5:05 pm

I have just uploaded Ros's page so all thats left is mine!

Sandie

kuchnie Czeladź

Return to “Scrapbooking”