Down Under Disneyana Australian Disney Forum-Down Under Disneyana – Australia's premiere Disney fan site

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the Register link to proceed.

SCRAPBOOKING MAGIC!

churros
Annual Pass
Annual Pass

SCRAPBOOKING MAGIC!

Postby churros » Wed Feb 27, 2008 7:36 pm

From the AllEars Weekly Newsletter:

Last month, AllEars® debuted a new series dedicated to Disney Scrapbooking written by Disney scrapbook expert Barbara Bennett and her husband Brian (who are also the owners of MouseMemories.com). Last month they provided an introduction and history of scrapbooking. This month, they take us on a tour of the kinds of products that are available in the modern scrapbooking and craft industry. These products can help you create great albums filled with pages of your favorite memories:

"Making cool scrapbook projects shouldn't seem like a difficult task. Some of you might be freaked out by the super fancy, majorly creative pages you've seen in scrapbooking magazines. We know what you're thinking: I could never do that. Here's the thing... you don't have to! Most scrapbook layouts that can be found in the magazines are not realistic. They are the masterpieces of those designers and have been slaved over for hours. Having the available time and money to complete the over-the-top elaborate layouts found in most magazines is not the world most people live in. It certainly isn't the world I live in and I'm a professional scrapbooker! But to our families, it doesn't matter. When you've created your first scrapbook page, your family is not going to negatively compare it to a magazine layout somewhere. They're going to be ecstatic to see themselves depicted on the page, and they'll be talking about the memories the pictures bring back to mind..."

Read "What in the World IS All of This Stuff?" at http://allears.net/btp/scrapbook/part1/part1.htm

If you missed the first article: http://allears.net/btp/scrapbook/intro.html

mushu mama
Annual Pass
Annual Pass

Postby mushu mama » Thu Feb 28, 2008 7:26 am

These are some great articles for the fledgling Disney scrapper. I'd heard lots of talk about them on another board ( Yahoo Disney Scrappers) but didn't go take a look because I was familiar with both Mouse Memories and the basics.
When you have been scrapping for a while, its easy to assume everyone knows at least the basics, so a link to articles by people so well qualified to chat about Disney scrapping was a great idea. :)
I'm sure that if there were any questions about scrapping - in particular sourcing Disney products and ideas for attacking that Disney album, you could also ask right here as there are knowledgeable scrappers both posting and lurking right here at DUD, and one of us is sure to try and answer any tricky questions.
Last edited by mushu mama on Thu Feb 28, 2008 7:30 am, edited 1 time in total.
1999- Tokyo DL, 2008- DLR/Cal Adventure, 2012-DLR/Cal Adventure, 2013-Tokyo DLand/Sea, 2014-DLR/Cal Adventure, 2015- Paris DL, 2016 - WDW/Disneycruise , upcoming - May 2018 - HongKong DL

mushu mama
Annual Pass
Annual Pass

Postby mushu mama » Thu Feb 28, 2008 7:27 am

(part 2)

I really enjoyed the bit in the article about the history of scrapping, I'd never considered the Navajo art or other antiquities as forms of scrapping but I guess they are. :)

I also liked how it touched on the varying styles of scrappers. For instance, my everyday pages are not nearly as elaborate as my Disney ones, but everyone has their own style, be it minimalist or 'lumpy bumpy' with a bit of everything ( guilty :oops: ) and neither is better than the other - just preference.
We'd love to see more of every type in our gallery so feel free to join in everyone.

~ Lisa ~
1999- Tokyo DL, 2008- DLR/Cal Adventure, 2012-DLR/Cal Adventure, 2013-Tokyo DLand/Sea, 2014-DLR/Cal Adventure, 2015- Paris DL, 2016 - WDW/Disneycruise , upcoming - May 2018 - HongKong DL

kuchnie Czeladź

Return to “Scrapbooking”