Down Under Disneyana Australian Disney Forum-Down Under Disneyana – Australia's premiere Disney fan site

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the Register link to proceed.

DUD Circle Journal

mushu mama
Annual Pass
Annual Pass

DUD Circle Journal

Postby mushu mama » Sun Jan 06, 2008 11:30 am

Just wondering if there was enough interest out there to give this a go?

Here's a brief description of how a circle journal would work:

Basically, this is where everyone in the 'circle' does a page for everyone elses albums over a period of (theoretically) a number of months, and then at the end, everyone has a completed album with memories of a designated theme ( In this case, Disney of course) from their circle of friends.

I've done this in a face to face situation with a small group and it was very successful and no one got burned and the album is one that I treasure.

I think the keys to a good circle are:

a) small group of no more than 8 people.
b) small LO size so that it doesn't become a major production or a huge expense... a 6 x 6 page is cheap to produce and post - eliminating the cost of the huge (heavy) albums.
c)rather than everyone having a separate theme for their albums - designate one theme for the entire circle to scrap eg: Disney character photos, and repeat that page for each person so that once you have come up with your design, its quick and easy to do, in fact, this method can see the circle journal completed in just a few months rather than some of the horror stories I've heard of it taking years.
d) And here is the big one.... by sending just a little 6 x 6 page to each person, the postage costs are minimal and your album is not bounced around the country via Aust. Post, you just assemble it as each page arrives.

We have members all over Australia and it'd be wonderful to share this Disney passion in another media. There are some horror stories out there but most relate to the sending on of entire albums, which we would not be doing.

Because these circles take some time to complete ( cos life can get in the way of scrapping - I know, that sucks) I think this would be better run as a separate project to the monthly scrap challenges.

Ok,.... so.... any questions?
who's game?

(Lisa bouncing around with her hand in the air... -/ )

I know that we have more than enough members who scrap to make this easy to accomplish.

~ Lisa ~
1999- Tokyo DL, 2008- DLR/Cal Adventure, 2012-DLR/Cal Adventure, 2013-Tokyo DLand/Sea, 2014-DLR/Cal Adventure, 2015- Paris DL, 2016 - WDW/Disneycruise , upcoming - May 2018 - HongKong DL

ajp
Annual Pass
Annual Pass

Postby ajp » Sun Jan 06, 2008 3:31 pm

I got Ros to read this and we think we understand it, and sounds like a good idea Lisa. She's in!
2023 Disneyland, Walt Disney World, Disney Cruise Lines - Disney Wish. Going to be awesome to be back!

sandie
Annual Pass
Annual Pass

Postby sandie » Sun Jan 06, 2008 3:58 pm

Me too! do we send each participant a photo we want done?

mushu mama
Annual Pass
Annual Pass

Postby mushu mama » Sun Jan 06, 2008 5:37 pm

cool... -/ thats 3 of us so far. I'm sure there must be others interested....

How about Raels and Della and Tink and Jess ( when she gets home) ?... or for that matter, any of the blokes :wink:
I'm sure there are more on this forum that scrapbook and might enjoy seeing, constructing and getting to keep an album unique to the DUD scrappers.
do we send each participant a photo we want done?
Actually, I was thinking more along the lines of each person make a 6 x 6 page ( front and back) with their own significant photo/s, that fits the theme and duplicate that page for the other participants and then send one on to each person taking part. The more we have in the circle, the more diversity we will get. Otherwise we could choose to do several pages for each person. ( or we'll only end up with only 3 pages).

Adding a swap into a circle journal is great but adds degree of difficulty. And I was thinking that we should keep it as simple as possible for the first one to see how it goes. But its a great idea for another one down the track.

So... a theme...

Something that we all love at the disney parks is the characters right?, so how do you feel about choosing a character - using either a photo of you/your family with that character or if you dont have park photos, just scrap that character and what it is that you love about it.
I can nut out the details of the 'how to' over the next couple of weeks and either PM or email them to everyone taking part , for an end of Jan start. That give 3 weeks for other scrappers to think about it and then hopefully.... to join in. Although, the sooner I know who's in, the easier it will be for me to organise.

any more questions? fire away :D

~ Lisa ~
1999- Tokyo DL, 2008- DLR/Cal Adventure, 2012-DLR/Cal Adventure, 2013-Tokyo DLand/Sea, 2014-DLR/Cal Adventure, 2015- Paris DL, 2016 - WDW/Disneycruise , upcoming - May 2018 - HongKong DL

kuchnie Czeladź

Return to “Scrapbooking”