Down Under Disneyana Australian Disney Forum-Down Under Disneyana – Australia's premiere Disney fan site

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the Register link to proceed.

Beauty and the Beast

calisota
Annual Pass
Annual Pass

Beauty and the Beast

Postby calisota » Sun Jul 17, 2005 5:53 am

Did you ever get to see the Beauty and the Beast broadway stage show in Sydney a few years ago? It must have been 1998 I guess - it was spectacular.

A girlfriend and I made the trip to see it in Melbourne. Don't know if that was before or after Sydney. It had Hugh Jackman as Gaston.

We both loved it, I think it was the biggest stage show she had seen to that point and I was just entranced the whole time. I still have a couple of coffee mugs and the cast recording on CD and I'm sure that I must have a program somewhere in the archives.

Greg

KeithS
Annual Pass
Annual Pass

Postby KeithS » Mon Jul 18, 2005 8:26 pm

Beauty and the Beast was terrific - it has always been one of my favourite movies and a group of girls at work arranged a group booking for the show - it was so cool, me and around 15 women! It was one of the most entertaining nights I've ever had :D

I still have my black t-shirt (I've only worn it once - silly me, I should have taken it to Disneyland) and I'll also have the program in my archives!

KeithS

KeithS
Annual Pass
Annual Pass

Postby KeithS » Tue Mar 28, 2006 6:15 pm

I just got back last night from Hong Kong Disneyland, and it never ceases to amaze me how great the quality of the shows are in the parks.

Shows like Fantasmic and Aladdin in California, and The Festival of the Lion King and The Golden Mickeys in Hong Kong - these are all worth the ticket prices alone.

What other favourite live shows from the parks do people highly rate?
Keith

Trip history:
DLR: 2005, 06, 09, 11, 12, 13, 15, 18
DLRP: 2006
HKDL: 2006 (Mar & Sept), 11 (Apr & Dec), 14, 19
SDR: 2017
TDR: 2008, 10, 17
WDW: 2006, 13 (Mar & Sept), 16, 19
DCL: 2013, 15 (Alaska & Hawaii), 18
Aulani: 2015

calisota
Annual Pass
Annual Pass

Postby calisota » Mon Apr 03, 2006 1:44 pm

You know, to be honest I can't remember seeing any live shows, apart from Fantasmic.

I can remember little bits of live entertainment (this is at disneyland, at the moment my only park) like bands and such but no real shows.

Fantasmic was fantastic though.

Greg
Chiang Mai Pickleball Club Play Pickleball in paradise

churros
Annual Pass
Annual Pass

Re: Beauty and the Beast

Postby churros » Fri Aug 24, 2012 8:20 am

Is anyone interested in seeing Miranda Musical Society's production of 'Beauty and the Beast' at Sutherland? It is on from 19 - 23 September.

I am thinking of going either Friday or Saturday night

churros
Annual Pass
Annual Pass

Re: Beauty and the Beast

Postby churros » Sat Sep 22, 2012 3:31 pm

I saw Miranda musical society's production of Beauty and the Beast last night. It was a great show!

Belle was brilliant - beautiful voice and all the costumes were excellent!

I never saw the professional stage show so was not familiar with the additional songs

kuchnie Czeladź

Return to “Shows”