Down Under Disneyana Australian Disney Forum-Down Under Disneyana – Australia's premiere Disney fan site

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the Register link to proceed.

Disney in Concert Under the Stars

KeithS
Annual Pass
Annual Pass

Disney in Concert Under the Stars

Postby KeithS » Sun Feb 28, 2016 8:20 am

Last night, Della and I headed to the Sydney Opera House to see Disney in Concert Under the Stars. It was held outside with general seating on the Opera House steps and reserved seating in front of the stage. As we made our way towards the venue, we ran into Wayne and Jennifer, and then after arrival, we also ran into Michelle and Caroline. We all agreed to meet up again after the show.

First thing we did (like any true Disney fan) was to head to the merchandise stand. There was an excellent program that we picked up as well as the terrific concert t-shirt (black with the gold concert logo on the front and on the back all the song titles!)

It was a beautiful night as we took our seats just before sunset (despite a bad forecast for rain, it turned out perfect with virtual no clouds and a pleasant temperature - Disney weather strikes again!) The venue filled quickly and it was packed by the time the concert commenced.

...and what a concert it was! The four performers were amazing and they went through a great mix of classic Disney songs while big screens showed movie scenes in the background. The performers were all Australian, David Campbell, Ricki-lee, Lucy Durack and Harrison Craig - all supported by Chong Lim and his wonderful orchestra. There were so many highlights it is hard to single any out, but I thought Ricki-lee and Lucy doing a duet of Once Upon a Dream was novel, with it beginning with the Lana Del Rey version (from Maleficient by Ricky-Lee) and then moving into the traditional Sleeping Beauty version by Lucy. But that was just one highlight of a night of highlights!  The concert ended around 9:05.

I envy anyone going there tonight, you are in for a terrific night.

After the concert, we all caught up again, and Michelle and Caroline introduced us to some potential new club members they ran into to who were amazing Disney fans (quite a few were former cast members who had been on the college program in WDW) - hey guys, if you are reading this, I hope you can make it to our next meeting!  After talking to them for a while, we headed to a restaurant for coffees and desserts and a big catch up which was great fun!

Disney in Concert Under the Stars was a great winner and I hope that it is something that can be run every year. The location was amazing and the performances were brilliant. Well done Disney and Live Nation who put it all together for us, and for the thousands of Sydneysiders who turned up!
Keith

Trip history:
DLR: 2005, 06, 09, 11, 12, 13, 15, 18
DLRP: 2006
HKDL: 2006 (Mar & Sept), 11 (Apr & Dec), 14, 19
SDR: 2017
TDR: 2008, 10, 17
WDW: 2006, 13 (Mar & Sept), 16, 19
DCL: 2013, 15 (Alaska & Hawaii), 18
Aulani: 2015

kuchnie Czeladź

Return to “Shows”