Down Under Disneyana Australian Disney Forum-Down Under Disneyana – Australia's premiere Disney fan site

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the Register link to proceed.

New Disney Animated Classic?

mushu mama
Annual Pass
Annual Pass

Postby mushu mama » Wed Jun 27, 2007 6:43 pm

[
Now if only we could get the Song of the South DVD at the exit, it would be perfect. :)
Now thats what I'm talking about.... a reward for my elevated fear factor....
Yep, being able to buy the 'S of the S' DVD would get me to sit in a little log and get hurled down a precipice to a guaranteed hair destroying soaking.

~ Lisa ~
1999- Tokyo DL, 2008- DLR/Cal Adventure, 2012-DLR/Cal Adventure, 2013-Tokyo DLand/Sea, 2014-DLR/Cal Adventure, 2015- Paris DL, 2016 - WDW/Disneycruise , upcoming - May 2018 - HongKong DL

ajp
Annual Pass
Annual Pass

Re: New Disney Animated Classic?

Postby ajp » Wed Apr 29, 2009 11:28 am

It appears that the quote "you can't please all of the people all of the time" rings true once again with the making of Princess and the Frog. Having just read the acrticle that Greg has posted in the news section (yes Greg some do read that stuff still), I am appalled that people are now whinging that the prince isn't black. :roll:

Doesn't matter that he his hispanic and not a standard white prince. Heaven forbid if we were to introduce the concept of mixed race courtships, which I am sure is highly prevalent in the US in this modern day. I can just see the production crew of this movie sitting in their offices shaking their heads and wondering how they can actually win with decisions they make for characters. :shock:

Having read all the posts again just now in this topic, I'll requote what Lisa said in an earlier post - people should just pull their head in sometimes. :evil:
2023 Disneyland, Walt Disney World, Disney Cruise Lines - Disney Wish. Going to be awesome to be back!

mushu mama
Annual Pass
Annual Pass

Postby mushu mama » Wed Apr 29, 2009 1:53 pm

I always read the news on the front page. And when I read this article at the ungodly hour of 5-30am I was not in the mood for 'them' messing with a movie I've been looking forward to for ages.

I agree with you Anthony. Its ridiculous that the PC crowd keep scrutinizing and then dissecting and then taking everything out of context when they tear it to shreds because of a perceived slight. They should just let the story evolve. Then do what everyone else does and make a personal judgement once its finished. When its taken out of context and evaluated piecemeal rather than as a whole the story loses something. You can't possibly pick up all the themes when its viewed bit by bit. Its just story telling. Every culture does it and they are missing a vital point that it could be highly educational in many aspects. Just magic-ed up a bit Disney style. It should always be ok to tell a historical story without having to 'cleanse' it... otherwise we'd all just be watching animated Home and Away ( ugggggg.... God Forbid :roll: ), as long as its true to the circumstances that prevailed. And I will be really ticked if interference removes the spice from what started out as a CRACKER of a story.

And I don't have an issue with the mixed race relationship. That doesn't even raise eyebrows in the real world these days so why should it in an animated movie. Same goes for a black prince... either would have been in context with the story. New Orleans was a pretty eclectic crowd from really early on. It would be in keeping with the era its set in.

Do what you do best Disney.... LEAD.
Without the avant-guarde edge to your movies you are no better than the other 'also-rans' .... thats what those envelope edges are for... push them.

ok... turning rant off now.... ( I got up toooo early) :wink:

I'm still looking forward to seeing this, they better not take out the voodoo.... !

Lisa. */
1999- Tokyo DL, 2008- DLR/Cal Adventure, 2012-DLR/Cal Adventure, 2013-Tokyo DLand/Sea, 2014-DLR/Cal Adventure, 2015- Paris DL, 2016 - WDW/Disneycruise , upcoming - May 2018 - HongKong DL

BrizMarc
C Ticket
C Ticket

Postby BrizMarc » Wed Apr 29, 2009 5:41 pm

ITs amazing on other boards how annoyed people are getting about this movie. I cant wait for it myself and I am excited that be off seeing a true animation with a new Disney princess, black, white, asian. It doesnt matter.

sandie
Annual Pass
Annual Pass

Postby sandie » Mon Dec 07, 2009 12:10 pm

http://www.smh.com.au/news/entertainmen ... 19350.html

Sandie
(who is stuck in a library watching another patron pick his nose and wipe it under the desk)

Mel
Annual Pass
Annual Pass

Postby Mel » Mon Dec 07, 2009 3:28 pm

http://www.smh.com.au/news/entertainmen ... 19350.html

Sandie
(who is stuck in a library watching another patron pick his nose and wipe it under the desk)
Ewwwwww!!!!

Very much looking forward to this movie. Debating whether or not to take Ben to his first movie experience. It's not Thomas or Chuggington so I don't know how he'd fare...

It looks fantastic from what I've seen :)
The Big Trip: DL, WDW and Disney cruise 2016

mushu mama
Annual Pass
Annual Pass

Postby mushu mama » Mon Dec 07, 2009 7:41 pm

Interesting article Sandie...

I get why they have politicised this movie so much, I really do, I just wish 'they' would stop doing it. Its a movie. Its meant to be an escape from reality. And somehow, I keep reading that it is attributed to the change sweeping the US with the arrival of President Obama ( and don't get me wrong - I am a fan) but I'm pretty sure Disney had started this ball rolling WAAAAAY before Obama came into office. why is it that political bandwagons always have so much room on them and so many people insist on jumping on them when they are on a roll?

Sorry, I just want to watch what looks like being an exceptional addition to the Disney Princess juggernaut and enjoy it for what it is - entertainment... not be analysing every nuance for underlying indiscretions. I want to enjoy it cos the princess is likable, beautiful, sprited, clever, heroic etc etc.... not because she is black, white, vermillion or psychadelic colours.

Clearly these 5am starts are wearing my tolerance levels down.... Still looking forward to seeing it though... :D

Lisa. */

KeithS
Annual Pass
Annual Pass

Postby KeithS » Mon Dec 07, 2009 8:18 pm

Well said Lisa - I just want to enjoy it for what it is - a great new addition to Disney's line of exceptional animated films.
Keith

Trip history:
DLR: 2005, 06, 09, 11, 12, 13, 15, 18
DLRP: 2006
HKDL: 2006 (Mar & Sept), 11 (Apr & Dec), 14, 19
SDR: 2017
TDR: 2008, 10, 17
WDW: 2006, 13 (Mar & Sept), 16, 19
DCL: 2013, 15 (Alaska & Hawaii), 18
Aulani: 2015

Gerard
E Ticket
E Ticket

Postby Gerard » Sat Jan 09, 2010 7:57 am

I saw it (or saw the rest of it) last weekend, with a couple of kids. I loved it :D
it moves quickly and kept the kids (girl 4 and boy 6) engaged through out ,their parents loved it too.

kuchnie Czeladź

Return to “Animation”