Down Under Disneyana Australian Disney Forum-Down Under Disneyana – Australia's premiere Disney fan site

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the Register link to proceed.

Two of Disney's Greatest Directors part company

KeithS
Annual Pass
Annual Pass

Two of Disney's Greatest Directors part company

Postby KeithS » Sun Aug 21, 2005 9:23 pm

Ron Clements and John Musker, the directors of some of Disney's greatest modern animated classics have quit Disney.

These two directors were responsible for giving us The Little Mermaid and Aladdin amongst others.

They were working on a new movie for Walt Disney Feature Animation (WDFA), called "Fraidy Cat" - a comic thriller that borrowed heavily from Alfred Hitchcock movies. It was the directing duo's first CG animated movie. Pre-production was fairly advanced (there is a lot of artwork online for it) when WDFA decided to shelve the project - citing that they were afraid of the project not being commercial enough to sell movie tickets...

What was WDFA thinking? These are the two directors that gave Disney some of the most loved animated movies in the company's history! Anyway, Ron and John have decided to walk - their resignations effective from September 11 2005.

I suppose we will expect them to surface at Dreamworks (or hopefully Pixar - at least Pixar knows good story men when it sees them)

KeithS

calisota
Annual Pass
Annual Pass

Postby calisota » Tue Aug 23, 2005 5:37 am

These are the two guys who put life back into Disney animation with The Little Mermaid which probably led to a resurgance in animation worldwide. They are directly responsible for me getting back into Disney animation.

I hope they stick with the industry because I will certainly be going to see anything they are involved in.

Greg

kuchnie Czeladź

Return to “Animation”