Down Under Disneyana Australian Disney Forum-Down Under Disneyana – Australia's premiere Disney fan site

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the Register link to proceed.

Tinkerbell and the Merchandise Machine

ajp
Annual Pass
Annual Pass

Tinkerbell and the Merchandise Machine

Postby ajp » Tue Aug 05, 2008 12:24 pm

I read with interest that Disney are finally releasing the Fairies range of movies and merchandise headed by Tinkerbell. It has been coming for some time, and for what it said, the new animation regime reworked it, to obviously improve what was a fairly lame attempt.

I'm not sure what I think about all this yet. Clearly they are targetting a specific market of pre tweenage girls. For starters, as we discussed on another thread Tinkerbell is not a Fairy, but a Pixie. And putting her in a lead talking action role would be like rewriting Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs with Dopey as a defence lawyer. It just won't seem right.

But I suppose, I won't be watching any of the DVDs, and the "ladies" of the house love buying the Tinkerbell merch which will now increase in droves. So I'll just sit back and see how it all goes.
2023 Disneyland, Walt Disney World, Disney Cruise Lines - Disney Wish. Going to be awesome to be back!

mushu mama
Annual Pass
Annual Pass

Re: Tinkerbell and the Merchandise Machine

Postby mushu mama » Tue Aug 05, 2008 6:35 pm

Yeah, I have issues with Tink being fairy-ised, but as long as they still do 'proper' tink merchandise and not just the fairy version, then it probably won't worry me overly. If on the other hand, the powers that be, decide to primarily put out the 'new' tink stuff and not cater for the 'oldies' then I will be cheesed.
Dopey as a defence lawyer.
:lol: :lol:

Lisa. */
1999- Tokyo DL, 2008- DLR/Cal Adventure, 2012-DLR/Cal Adventure, 2013-Tokyo DLand/Sea, 2014-DLR/Cal Adventure, 2015- Paris DL, 2016 - WDW/Disneycruise , upcoming - May 2018 - HongKong DL

sandie
Annual Pass
Annual Pass

Re: Tinkerbell and the Merchandise Machine

Postby sandie » Tue Aug 05, 2008 6:40 pm

I will be very disappointed if it is all new style Tink merchandise - I like old Tink.

Sandie

kuchnie Czeladź

Return to “Animation”