Down Under Disneyana Australian Disney Forum-Down Under Disneyana – Australia's premiere Disney fan site

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the Register link to proceed.

Flowers on Cars

The place to discuss the things that may not be strictly Disney.
KeithS
Annual Pass
Annual Pass

Postby KeithS » Sat May 19, 2007 8:19 am

Wow - there are so many things in Lisa's last post that my reply is going to take some time :)
I've had some perfectly good beach holiday photos totally ruined by the people and their choice of attire that I didn't notice in the background. :shock:
Now that is just funny :) I've had the same experience - I've got great photos where I didn't notice the person in the background picking their nose or something - I hate photos ruined that way - especially if they are in some exotic location that I'm not likely to visit again. And you never notice the person when you take the photo, but as soon as you get home and develop/download it, there is that person for all the world to see - and it is usually the first thing you notice!
The Woolies variety are for the beach and the Havaiana's are for when you don't have to take them off and risk having them pinched.
I don't mind the el-cheapo versions for the beach, but I'd never spend more money than that - I guess I'm too far from the beach to make these an everyday accessory.
the yanks and poms starting calling them flip flops, everything changed
I don't like the term either, but I come from an English family and they were always flip-flops in our house when we were growing up.
So how much money is 'reasonable' for a pair of shoes then?
Oh no, here we go - as far as women are concerned, I don't think there is a reasonable price - as long as there is a SALE sign on the shoe, it must be cheap :D no matter what the cost!! haha.

So how many shoes are too many? Here is my shoe collection:
1 pair of joggers
1 pair of brown going out shoes
1 pair of black work shoes
1 pair of thongs (somewhere in my cupboard)
...and that is it.

Now Lisa - how many do you have :)
Keith

Trip history:
DLR: 2005, 06, 09, 11, 12, 13, 15, 18
DLRP: 2006
HKDL: 2006 (Mar & Sept), 11 (Apr & Dec), 14, 19
SDR: 2017
TDR: 2008, 10, 17
WDW: 2006, 13 (Mar & Sept), 16, 19
DCL: 2013, 15 (Alaska & Hawaii), 18
Aulani: 2015

mushu mama
Annual Pass
Annual Pass

Postby mushu mama » Sat May 19, 2007 12:37 pm

I look at the cost per use equation. For $100 I expect at leat a minimum of 5 years use wearing at least twice a week. Wearing every day happy for 2 years.
:lol: :lol: ROTFLMHO :lol: :lol:
We can but dream....
I say yes, that's nice. How much? Alright then, whatever.
Much more realistic. And coincidentally - the right answer to use in those situations.
I still have the "Don't forget we're saving for our next [insert preferred disney location here] trip so do you really want to pay that much?" card which does work in my favour sometimes!

Now thats just sneaky. A fiscal Wild Card.
especially if they are in some exotic location that I'm not likely to visit again. And you never notice the person when you take the photo,
A quick story to illustrate just such a situation...

Sunlight: perfect - water looks turquoise, slight breeze moving the palm trees. perfect sky. coconut washed ashore sitting on the beach, all the right props. Perfect. Not a soul in sight.
We are talking the 'money shot' - perfect for that coffee table book you were always going to do.
Lisa takes the shot confident that this is the best photo she's ever taken, and will need to be blown up and framed.
Leap forward two weeks. Films are dropped off for processing on the way home from the airport. Pick them up and scan photos for that shot.

Imagine my dispair when I realise that into the bottom of the photo had walked an old man wearing the briefest of G-strings that couldn't be cropped out of the photo without ruining it! Theres definitely something to be said for digital. :wink:

OK... how many shoes do I own? :shock:

Well, its not as bad as some might think.
I don't have "Imelda" anywhere in my name. I have other areas of my wardrobe that suck funds like a monetary black hole.
Other than the aforementioned 3 pairs of havaiana's and a pair of sneakers, all the rest are high heels.
well, you asked for it so here goes....

kittens ( High heel shoe for the uninitiated)- black patent, red patent, red glitter ('we're not in Kansas anymore toto' style), leopard print.
high heeled slides - Black (biker chick style), natural leather.
Boots (high heel)- black leather
strappy sandles ( high heel) - gold, black, natural leather x 2. white.
pair of Disney crocs pending.....
See... not many at all. :D

I sprained BOTH my ankles recently (nothing to do with the heels I might add) one of them so bad they thought I might have broken it... and I STILL WORE MY HIGH HEELS EVERY DAY!
As far as I'm concerned, the day I can't wear heels, is the day they can bury me!
:D

hehe...

1999- Tokyo DL, 2008- DLR/Cal Adventure, 2012-DLR/Cal Adventure, 2013-Tokyo DLand/Sea, 2014-DLR/Cal Adventure, 2015- Paris DL, 2016 - WDW/Disneycruise , upcoming - May 2018 - HongKong DL

mushu mama
Annual Pass
Annual Pass

Postby mushu mama » Mon May 21, 2007 7:35 pm

Heres a trend that may well be purely a QLD thing.

a large percentage of the teenagers here on the Sunshine Coast use bags designed for Kindergarten kids as their school bags....
you know... the small plastic zip up kindy bags in every design from Thomas the Tank, Hi 5, every known Sesame St character, naturally Disney Characters are in there - particularly Tink & Buzz, Bob the Builder, Dora the Explorer, Wiggles ( sheesh :roll:). The only one I've seen that I didn't want to burst out laughing at was the seriously cute leather 'Nightmare B4 C'mas' one.
For starters, there are no lockers so they have to carry their books and everything they own all day - anything but practical in a small plastic backpack.
This would have been enough to get yourself beaten up in Victoria... :)
well... not really, but some heavy duty ridicule at the very least.

1999- Tokyo DL, 2008- DLR/Cal Adventure, 2012-DLR/Cal Adventure, 2013-Tokyo DLand/Sea, 2014-DLR/Cal Adventure, 2015- Paris DL, 2016 - WDW/Disneycruise , upcoming - May 2018 - HongKong DL

KeithS
Annual Pass
Annual Pass

Postby KeithS » Tue May 22, 2007 6:27 am

This would have been enough to get yourself beaten up in Victoria... :)
You would definitely have been beaten up at my school (I grew up in Mt Druitt - all you Sydneysiders would know what I mean!!) and it is not a trend that I'm familiar with here. I'll take a look today when I catch the train into work - there are usually school kids out and about.
Keith

Trip history:
DLR: 2005, 06, 09, 11, 12, 13, 15, 18
DLRP: 2006
HKDL: 2006 (Mar & Sept), 11 (Apr & Dec), 14, 19
SDR: 2017
TDR: 2008, 10, 17
WDW: 2006, 13 (Mar & Sept), 16, 19
DCL: 2013, 15 (Alaska & Hawaii), 18
Aulani: 2015

kuchnie Czeladź

Return to “Disney Free”