Down Under Disneyana Australian Disney Forum-Down Under Disneyana – Australia's premiere Disney fan site

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the Register link to proceed.

Theme park fan site

The place to discuss the things that may not be strictly Disney.
calisota
Annual Pass
Annual Pass

Theme park fan site

Postby calisota » Sat Jul 30, 2005 5:41 am

I have a need for opinions and ideas and while it's not Disney related I think the fine people on this forum are the perfect ones to ask.

Okay, enough buttering up. :)

What would you like to see on a theme park fan site?

I have been a fan of Dreamworld for a long time (even worked there for a short time) probably because it's as close to a Disneyland as I've had access. I've long toyed with the idea of a fan site for the park because there really isn't anything out there with the sorts of things that I'd like to have on mine. I keep looking at the myriad of Disney fan sites and wondering why no one has done something similar for Dreamworld.

What are the best things that you've seen on theme park fan sites and what could you suggest that I put on my dreamworld one?

Greg

sandie
Annual Pass
Annual Pass

Postby sandie » Sat Apr 29, 2006 7:39 am

Reviews and Photos!

You usually look at fan sites because you can't go to the real thing-so you need to give as much of the real thing on line as you possibly can.

Sandie

Lashbear
A Ticket
A Ticket

Postby Lashbear » Sat Sep 30, 2006 11:44 pm

Virtual Rides.

For those who can't attend parks (ie: Me with most of the USA Parks) there's nothing like being able to view a virtual POV ride video.

You could host them or just link to some of the many Youtube ridethroughs available.

I have a bit of Superman Escape footage digitised from when I was at Movieworld last if you can use it.

Cheers,
Rob.

Oh... and include detailed Reviews like the one I did for Luna Parks Ghost Train - see http://www.elvision.com/tunneloflaffs/g ... index.html
DLR in March/April 2007

Loomis
B Ticket
B Ticket

Postby Loomis » Mon Jan 22, 2007 8:01 am

Having recently created a site on a theme park, namely on Hong Kong Disneyland, I've quickly discovered that the two things people love are:

1) Photos - They can't get enough of them. Galleries, regular updates, sneak peeks at things to come. For people who can't get to a theme park, these are eye candy that will keep them coming back

2) Trip Reports/Reviews - Same logic as above, and it also encourages people to return and submit their own.

I also suggest some level of interactivity with the site. What makes a good site great is a sense of community. Be it through comments on the news page, a forum, the ability to submit their own reports and photos.

Look forward to seeing it!

kuchnie Czeladź

Return to “Disney Free”