Down Under Disneyana Australian Disney Forum-Down Under Disneyana – Australia's premiere Disney fan site

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the Register link to proceed.

Please Help Me! (I'm desperate!)

The place to discuss the things that may not be strictly Disney.
James
A Ticket
A Ticket

Please Help Me! (I'm desperate!)

Postby James » Sat Jul 16, 2005 5:35 pm

Hi everyone, I was wondering if anyone could take the time to help me with finding out a TV shows name. I'm in desperate need of help. I've posted about this on a couple of forums already, but no one has replied. This question probably will need older people to answer it, as they will probably remember the name of it. Was there ever a show like Sabrina the Teenage Witch- only a male version of it? The main character had blonde hair, and he had magic powers, or was from space (from what I can remember). He was definitely in a different world to his own, and someone was helping him. He actually might have been a twin of the person helping him. I remember the name Joey for some reason. The show was made around the year 2000, or 2001. I don't remember much of it, which means that it mustn’t have been on TV for long. I think that in one episode he was joining the local chess club. In Australian it was on Channel 7. Straight after Sabrina was on. I think that it was in 2002. If anyone has any Australians websites with Past TV Guides, could you let me know, or if anyone has any old TV Guides from 2002 (I have some, but I don't have them from that year), could you look through it, or them, and tell me the information? Please?! Anyone who can help, please do! Thank you, in advance.
-James
Saturday Disney Rocks!
I'm 13 and proud of it!

calisota
Annual Pass
Annual Pass

Postby calisota » Sat Jul 16, 2005 6:35 pm

I really can't remember any TV series that sounds even remotely like the one you're trying to describe.

At first i thought that it may have been a TV series based on the Disney movie "Escape to Witch Mountain ", the kids in that were certainly blonde. Somehow I don't think that's it though as I can't find it ever having been turned into a series.

The only other TV series I can find that comes close to fitting what you remember is "I Was a Sixth Grade Alien". I doubt this is it either though.

Was it Australian? Live action or animated?

Greg

James
A Ticket
A Ticket

Postby James » Sun Jul 17, 2005 9:52 am

It was American, and Live Action. I'm probably wrong about the description, but if you could just remember if there was ever a live action series like this after Sabrina it could help.
-James
Saturday Disney Rocks!
I'm 13 and proud of it!

calisota
Annual Pass
Annual Pass

Postby calisota » Sun Jul 17, 2005 12:19 pm

Sorry James but I'm no help at all. :(

Greg

calisota
Annual Pass
Annual Pass

Postby calisota » Sat Jul 30, 2005 5:21 am

Did you ever find out what it was James?

Greg

James
A Ticket
A Ticket

Postby James » Sat Jul 30, 2005 7:22 pm

I never found out what it was for sure, but I have an inkling that it is a TV Show called 'Driving Me Crazy'. It sounds a bit like it, and it has been compared to Down and Out In Beverly Hills, which is a bit like what I remember. Do you know anything about it?
-James
Saturday Disney Rocks!
I'm 13 and proud of it!

calisota
Annual Pass
Annual Pass

Postby calisota » Sat Jul 30, 2005 7:47 pm

I've been doing a search and looking in all the places I normally look for TV programs and the only thing I can find is http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0281437/

All it says about it is "Everything is less than normal at a "normal" Beverly Hills car dealer-ship" and that it was made in 2000. I'm guessing that it wasn't a big hit. :(

Greg

James
A Ticket
A Ticket

Postby James » Sun Jul 31, 2005 9:20 am

Thanks for that, but it's made me realise that it probably isn't the show I'm looking for. If it helps, the show I'm looking for is about teenagers.
-James
Saturday Disney Rocks!
I'm 13 and proud of it!

James
A Ticket
A Ticket

Postby James » Sun Nov 06, 2005 8:58 am

I found out what the show was for sure, and this time I'm positive. It's called 'Brotherly Love', and from my research, it fits the bill perfectly. Thanks for your help Greg.
-James
Saturday Disney Rocks!
I'm 13 and proud of it!

calisota
Annual Pass
Annual Pass

Postby calisota » Sun Nov 06, 2005 9:52 am

Glad you finally found it James. :D

Sorry I couldn't help earlier.

Greg
Chiang Mai Pickleball Club Play Pickleball in paradise

James
A Ticket
A Ticket

Postby James » Mon Nov 07, 2005 6:45 pm

That's all right Greg. How's the Club doing? How was the last meeting?
-James
Saturday Disney Rocks!
I'm 13 and proud of it!

calisota
Annual Pass
Annual Pass

Postby calisota » Sun Nov 13, 2005 5:43 am

That's all right Greg. How's the Club doing? How was the last meeting?
-James
Unfortunately I'm a bit too far away from the meetings in Sydney to have ever made it to one.

I'll have to throw the question out to anyone who made it to the last meeting.

Greg
Chiang Mai Pickleball Club Play Pickleball in paradise

KeithS
Annual Pass
Annual Pass

Postby KeithS » Sat Nov 26, 2005 8:57 am

Hiya guys, I've been away from here for a while. I got caught up with work stuff etc, but I am still alive :)

The last meeting was excellent. I was going to do a report, but time conspired against me. I did take notes though!

Wayne and Jennifer returned from Hong Kong and gave a terrific account of the opening of the new park. They really enjoyed the whole experience, even though it is considerably smaller than the other parks. They were so enthusiastic about it (and had such great photos) that I've booked my trip for March (roll on March 19 haha).

We were going to have a presentation from some club members who were in Anaheim on the 17th July for the 50th birthday of Disneyland, but they were unable to make it, so we'll have to wait until the new year.

We had our usual sessions including:
Australian Disney News (local competitions, DVD and movie releases dates etc.)
Watched New Movie Trailers (including a new trailer for Cars - the next Disney/Pixar release)

All in all a good night.

Wayne is in the US at the moment, visiting Anaheim and Florida, he gets back this week, so I look forward to catching up with him soon. We are having an informal club meeting on December 10 (not the usual planned session).

Anyway, it is good to be back - see you guys around :)

err...I guess I shouldn't have put this in "Disney Free"
Keith

Trip history:
DLR: 2005, 06, 09, 11, 12, 13, 15, 18
DLRP: 2006
HKDL: 2006 (Mar & Sept), 11 (Apr & Dec), 14, 19
SDR: 2017
TDR: 2008, 10, 17
WDW: 2006, 13 (Mar & Sept), 16, 19
DCL: 2013, 15 (Alaska & Hawaii), 18
Aulani: 2015

kuchnie Czeladź