Down Under Disneyana Australian Disney Forum-Down Under Disneyana – Australia's premiere Disney fan site

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the Register link to proceed.

New Disney Emoji app

The place to discuss the things that may not be strictly Disney.
KeithS
Annual Pass
Annual Pass

Re: New Disney Emoji app

Postby KeithS » Thu Jul 14, 2016 8:56 am

I agree with you Lisa in that Disney doesn't do games very well.  I also find that if the game isn't doing that well, they just pull the plug and don't give a bugger about the fans that have invested in it.  I'm not just talking about Disney Infinity, but other games too like Virtual Magic Kingdom and Disney Hidden Worlds (which I was playing and they just killed off, taking my money with them...I had bought items to use that were suddenly worthless when the game ended - no refunds...).  Because of this past experience, I'm just waiting for them to pull the plug on the game Greg and I are currently playing!

So I don't have a lot of respect for Disney's gaming efforts - once (or twice) bitten and all that...
Keith

Trip history:
DLR: 2005, 06, 09, 11, 12, 13, 15, 18
DLRP: 2006
HKDL: 2006 (Mar & Sept), 11 (Apr & Dec), 14, 19
SDR: 2017
TDR: 2008, 10, 17
WDW: 2006, 13 (Mar & Sept), 16, 19
DCL: 2013, 15 (Alaska & Hawaii), 18
Aulani: 2015

calisota
Annual Pass
Annual Pass

Postby calisota » Thu Jul 14, 2016 4:05 pm

I'm wondering if something that takes advantage of augmented reality, now that people seem to be comfortable with the concept, could be done with Star Wars. Imagine people in the street suddenly breaking into light saber battles.

Greg
Chiang Mai Pickleball Club Play Pickleball in paradise

mushu mama
Annual Pass
Annual Pass

Postby mushu mama » Thu Jul 14, 2016 7:29 pm

I'm wondering if something that takes advantage of augmented reality, now that people seem to be comfortable with the concept, could be done with Star Wars. Imagine people in the street suddenly breaking into light saber battles.

Greg
I actually hadn't thought about it from a Star Wars perspective... and that could actually work.  I'd play that.
1999- Tokyo DL, 2008- DLR/Cal Adventure, 2012-DLR/Cal Adventure, 2013-Tokyo DLand/Sea, 2014-DLR/Cal Adventure, 2015- Paris DL, 2016 - WDW/Disneycruise , upcoming - May 2018 - HongKong DL

calisota
Annual Pass
Annual Pass

Postby calisota » Thu Jul 14, 2016 7:50 pm

Of course running around blasting storm troopers may end up with you getting shot by the police. 

Greg 
Chiang Mai Pickleball Club Play Pickleball in paradise

kuchnie Czeladź

Return to “Disney Free”