Down Under Disneyana Australian Disney Forum-Down Under Disneyana – Australia's premiere Disney fan site

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the Register link to proceed.

New Disney Emoji app

The place to discuss the things that may not be strictly Disney.
mushu mama
Annual Pass
Annual Pass

New Disney Emoji app

Postby mushu mama » Fri Jul 08, 2016 7:16 pm

While this is Disney, I didn't know where the right place for it was, so just in case you hadn't come across it yet, there is a cute new game app by Disney which works the same basically as candy crush, BUT.... you earn Disney emoji's which you can apparently win emoji's that you can actually use on your phone when you send texts or post on social media.  I'm still trying to figure that bit out though.

I have downloaded it but haven't given it a whirl yet.  I think it might be a bit like Pokemon Go ( which I am currently obsessed with) and only available in some parts of the world so far, as the people in the thread I was talking to about it, hadn't found it in the US app store yet, when I had already downloaded it. 
Its called Emoji Blitz. 
1999- Tokyo DL, 2008- DLR/Cal Adventure, 2012-DLR/Cal Adventure, 2013-Tokyo DLand/Sea, 2014-DLR/Cal Adventure, 2015- Paris DL, 2016 - WDW/Disneycruise , upcoming - May 2018 - HongKong DL

calisota
Annual Pass
Annual Pass

Re: New Disney Emoji app

Postby calisota » Sat Jul 09, 2016 1:44 pm

I just posted a piece about it in the News section but it really doesn't give a lot of practical information. 

I am also downloading it right now from the Play Store (android) so I should be able to give an opinion soon. Be warned that it's a 43MB download which is quite large I would have thought.

Greg
Chiang Mai Pickleball Club Play Pickleball in paradise

calisota
Annual Pass
Annual Pass

Postby calisota » Sat Jul 09, 2016 2:21 pm

Ok...

As a game I guess it could be a bit of a time waster, even if the countdown aspect of it is a bit annoying to me. I tend to panic when i only have a few seconds left and I'm desperately searching for matches. I have Mickey and Sully unlocked (apparently) but no idea how this translates to me being able to use them in my regular keyboard, which is swiftkey.

Greg

calisota
Annual Pass
Annual Pass

Postby calisota » Sat Jul 09, 2016 7:29 pm

Plus it really seems to chew through the battery on my phone. 

It's also good it has enforced time-outs while you wait for new live because it is quite addictive. 

Greg 

mushu mama
Annual Pass
Annual Pass

Postby mushu mama » Sun Jul 10, 2016 1:10 pm

I really don't get how to take the emoji's I've earned and use them in text... I've earned Ariel and Mickey so far, and at least now I understand the reason I can't keep playing when I have to wait for another life.
I've  not played candy crush - I believe I'm the only one in the world - so it really has taken some getting used to spotting the matches and doing it quick enough.
Def chews through the battery and Pokemon Go is even worse... I have bought two little mobile chargers in the last two days ( one is not enough when I'm out pokesearching) and I time it so they run out of charge as I'm turning in at my mailbox. 
The last time I was seriously into gaming was when Pokemon first came out... so this has not been a good thing for my time management.
1999- Tokyo DL, 2008- DLR/Cal Adventure, 2012-DLR/Cal Adventure, 2013-Tokyo DLand/Sea, 2014-DLR/Cal Adventure, 2015- Paris DL, 2016 - WDW/Disneycruise , upcoming - May 2018 - HongKong DL

calisota
Annual Pass
Annual Pass

Postby calisota » Sun Jul 10, 2016 4:15 pm

I played candy crush for a little while but i know absolutely nothing about pokemon, either the game (it was a game right?) or the cartoon.

Greg

KeithS
Annual Pass
Annual Pass

Postby KeithS » Mon Jul 11, 2016 8:47 am

I'm with you Greg - everyone at the moment is talking about this new Pokemon Go game (it was even on the news) - but I missed the whole Pokemon craze when it took off, so I've never played a game or watched it on TV.

I haven't tried this Emoji app yet - I'm still addicted to Disney Magic Kingdoms so I don't want another thing to take over my life...
Keith

Trip history:
DLR: 2005, 06, 09, 11, 12, 13, 15, 18
DLRP: 2006
HKDL: 2006 (Mar & Sept), 11 (Apr & Dec), 14, 19
SDR: 2017
TDR: 2008, 10, 17
WDW: 2006, 13 (Mar & Sept), 16, 19
DCL: 2013, 15 (Alaska & Hawaii), 18
Aulani: 2015

mushu mama
Annual Pass
Annual Pass

Postby mushu mama » Mon Jul 11, 2016 4:33 pm

I do seem to be one of only a handful of 'mature' players who get it and love it...
it has literally taken over my every spare minute.
We were on our first Disney trip to Tokyo when Pokemon was at an all time high in Japan but hadn't hit in Australia yet.  A month or so after we got home it erupted here and we were ahead of the game because we already had a great idea of what it was about.  Then we won two gameboy colours with the first game and the rest is history... we've been obsessed ever since.  Millie has never stopped playing.  My kids are living a Pokemon dream right now. 

KeithS
Annual Pass
Annual Pass

Postby KeithS » Tue Jul 12, 2016 9:02 am

Last night I got off the train at Hurstville and there were about fifteen players just outside the station gates all playing Pokemon Go!  They must have been lured there by something in the game.  I just started laughing (and they were all adults!). 

One of the girls in my office is obsessed too - she downloaded it onto her son's phone for him, but now she's taken her son's phone to work and left him with her old one so that she can play.  I swear this game is taking over the world :)

It'll only be a matter of time before Disney bring out a clone with their characters (of course, it'll be too late to get a big market share - just like Disney Infinity :( )
Keith

Trip history:
DLR: 2005, 06, 09, 11, 12, 13, 15, 18
DLRP: 2006
HKDL: 2006 (Mar & Sept), 11 (Apr & Dec), 14, 19
SDR: 2017
TDR: 2008, 10, 17
WDW: 2006, 13 (Mar & Sept), 16, 19
DCL: 2013, 15 (Alaska & Hawaii), 18
Aulani: 2015

calisota
Annual Pass
Annual Pass

Postby calisota » Tue Jul 12, 2016 4:24 pm

A Disney one I'd be more interested in.

Greg

mushu mama
Annual Pass
Annual Pass

Postby mushu mama » Tue Jul 12, 2016 10:57 pm

They must have been lured there by something in the game. 
hahaha.... yep, a poke lure... it lures pokemon to that place for 30 minutes... and it doesn't matter who used it, anyone within range can benefit... thats why they congregate. 
Yeah, I wouldn't bother playing a Disney one... it doesn't fit the premise of catching them... but I would play a HP one searching for Fantastic Beasts...
Save

mushu mama
Annual Pass
Annual Pass

Postby mushu mama » Wed Jul 13, 2016 11:24 am

Just a heads up... I asked around and found out that to use the emoji's I had to change the keyboard setting to allow the Emoji Blitz keyboard...BUT in order to do so, I have to allow the developers to have complete access to all that is typed on that keyboard as well as what has been typed in the PAST... so every text in my phone I'm assuming... which they are NOT getting, so I'm not going to bother playing this game until that changes .... pointless without the emoji being able to be used. 

calisota
Annual Pass
Annual Pass

Postby calisota » Wed Jul 13, 2016 2:01 pm

So I have to use their keyboard rather than the one I want to use? I don't think I'll bother either.

Greg

calisota
Annual Pass
Annual Pass

Postby calisota » Wed Jul 13, 2016 2:03 pm

Yeah, I wouldn't bother playing a Disney one... it doesn't fit the premise of catching them... but I would play a HP one searching for Fantastic Beasts...
Save
So, how could Disney do one that you may want to play because we just know that there are Disney execs ordering a version right now, along with execs at dozens of other companies.
Greg

mushu mama
Annual Pass
Annual Pass

Postby mushu mama » Wed Jul 13, 2016 8:35 pm

I have actually given this some thought, but I honestly can't think of any way to make it something that most adults would want to play.  I've never gotten into the Disney games, and I've played many of them as they came and went, but they never held my interest.  I'm sure a lot of Disney fans would like  some kind of Pokemon Go style game, and would play it, but I probably wouldn't bother.  There are already these kinds of games in the parks and I probably wouldn't bother playing them either unless I was an AP and had done it all a thousand times.  I was keen on earning emojis till I learned they also want the ability to monitor my texts in return. 
I just don't think Disney does games well... just my opinion and I know lots of people love their stuff  ( although, I haven't played that game that you and Keith are hooked on so that one not withstanding)Perhaps its that their brand is spread so far and wide that the games just feel like another way to sell a movie or a holiday.  No idea really, but the whole Pokemon thing has the same customer/fan base as that of Star Wars but one generation down and THAT I think is why its been such a huge hit.  Its hard to replicate that.

kuchnie Czeladź

Return to “Disney Free”