Down Under Disneyana Australian Disney Forum-Down Under Disneyana – Australia's premiere Disney fan site

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the Register link to proceed.

What I'm up to finally revealed.

The place to discuss the things that may not be strictly Disney.
calisota
Annual Pass
Annual Pass

What I'm up to finally revealed.

Postby calisota » Thu Jan 07, 2016 1:38 pm

Hi guys,

I'm finally able to let you know what I'm doing these days, now that I have something concrete to report.

I am trying to make a living as a "digital nomad", which is a cringy way of saying making money online away from home. Obviously I get a little money if anyone clicks on an ad on the DUD site or buys through the Amazon links (should have the new theme for the forum paid off by the end of the year :-) ) as well as ads on my travel blog

I'm also updating my travel blog regularly with information about Luang Prabang in Laos and Chiang Mai in Thailand. I have been approached by a business in Luang Prabang about paying for a permanent ad on the site and he says other businesses would pay as well. I just need to build up visitor numbers to the site so I can charge more. I also get a commission if anyone books a hotel through the links on the site.

I also have another couple of niche sites in the works as well as plans to work on a big site for the Buddhist Heritage Project in Luang Prabang.

But I can finally announce that I am a paid writer. Okay, I still cringe a little when I write that but I had my first article about Luang Prabang printed in a magazine and they want more. This is what is going to pay the rent while I get the other projects to a point where they make money.

I'm writing this from an apartment in Chiang Mai. I'll probably be dividing my time between here and Luang Prabang for visa reasons but also because there are movies here and junk food.

So that's me at the moment.

Greg
Chiang Mai Pickleball Club Play Pickleball in paradise

kuchnie Czeladź

Return to “Disney Free”